Anyone with Taiwanese actor knowledge?

J.J. Hayden

Question

J.J. Hayden

Hello

Is there anyone here who is, or knows anyone knowledgeable on Taiwanese actors, particularly during the 70s-90s?

Edited by J.J. Hayden
  • Like 1

8 answers to this question

J.J. Hayden

I see, so it's just a quick way to do a google search, I wasn't sure if it was some kind of in depth search tool, cheers anyway. I had tried to do that already with the names I had, but since they're Chinese names turned into Korean names, I believe they're getting too far from the original name to find a match.

Some good news though, before I finished this message I managed to find the most important one I was looking for, it took some time. I've made a list of all the hanja I've come across and I tried out the various possible combinations of the hanja matching the Korean name that I had available.

Even then it was a close call, as he only has 3 credits on HKMDB and no pics there. But I managed to track down one of these 3 on Korean site that had some pics, and luckily enough, one of them had a match, whew!!

Anyway, seems I was right on my hunch, he is a Taiwanese actor, at least Taiwan based, his name is Lee Mang-ching (Lee Maeng-jeong in Korean).

I'll post a picture of him with another (probably Taiwanese) actor as he seems kinda familiar too, but no name with this one.

image.jpeg.af9e62f5ebeb98857281aba18ac945b6.jpeg

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Cheers

• Like 4

J.J. Hayden
4 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

What kind of informations are you looking for ?

I've got a few names in hangul (Korean text) that I believe are of non-Korean actors, most likely Taiwanese. I wanted to see if any of the seem familiar to someone who's more familiar with the Taiwan actors.

• Like 3

ShawAngela
8 minutes ago, J.J. Hayden said:

I've got a few names in hangul (Korean text) that I believe are of non-Korean actors, most likely Taiwanese. I wanted to see if any of the seem familiar to someone who's more familiar with the Taiwan actors.

I guess that you haven't found the Chinese names by using google search ? Not any picture of them ?

I know that for instance Yu Tien Long is Taiwanese, as well as Chiao Chiao (if I'm not mistaken) and Angela Mao, but I'm not an expert.

• Like 3

J.J. Hayden

25 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

I guess that you haven't found the Chinese names by using google search ? Not any picture of them ?

I have a picture of one, I have a picture I suspect to be another, but the rest I have just a name to go on.

Could you explain what you mean by Google search? Is there something there to convert hangul to hanja? That would be very useful.

• Like 2

ShawAngela

Well, you select the name, you do a right click, and it asks you if you want to do a google search. That's how I proceed when I only have the Chinese name of a movie or an actor, and with a little bit of luck, it gives me either the direct English name, or it leads me to sites like baike Baidu, and with the google translation, it gives something relatively close to the real title or name. Sometimes, it only gives a nonsensical translation, but it costs nothing to try, right ?

• Like 4

J.J. Hayden

Yup, thought I recognised him, but he's not Taiwanese, it's the films director Ahn Seung-ho

• Like 2