The Seven Son's of The Dragon of Jade: Un-Made 1972 Golden Harvest Project

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

Did this project have any other a.k.a titles?, where any other actors at Golden Harvest given screen tests?.

"Very little is known about Dragon of Jade, a movie that Bruce Lee planned to make with Golden Harvest before accepting the starring role in Enter the Dragon. Test photos of Lee for Dragon of Jade reveal that it would have been a wuxia film. Wuxia is as a genre where the story is a period piece and the main characters are martial artists and swordsmen. Wuxia films were a dime-a-dozen in Hong Kong during the 1970s for both Shaw Brothers and Golden Harvest, but it would have been something new for Lee, whose movies were all set in the 20th century."

Source- https://screenrant.com/bruce-lee-movies-shows-canceled-not-happen-reasons/

BL4106.jpg

DW Forum - Do you have any exact info regarding Bruce's historical film project, probably entitled "Seven Sons of the Dragon of Jade"? When Bruce took that particular photo session? Was it only one or many...? Any footage???

George Tan - Who came up with this Jade Dragon crap?That wasn't the title.I own EVERY foto from that shoot,which was done at Golden Harvest.There are about 60 color and 200 black and white stills shot for this. No footage at all.The script was shot twice actually in the late `70's and `80's. The original title was `Nien Kan Yao',the name of Lee's character.

Source- http://www.bruceleedivinewind.com/georgetan.html

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

ShawAngela
1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

The original title was `Nien Kan Yao',the name of Lee's character.

If Bruce Lee was to play Nian Gan Yao, then, maybe the movie has been shot without him as Rebellious Reign, as it's a Golden Harvest movie, and Lung Fong plays the role of the General Nian Gan Yao.

• Like 2

ShawAngela

What surprises me a little bit is that Bruce Lee's clothes and weapons, mainly the axe and the big hammers, make me rather think of the heores of the Water Margin than of Nian Geng Yao...

• Like 2

shukocarl1441996347
12 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

What surprises me a little bit is that Bruce Lee's clothes and weapons, mainly the axe and the big hammers, make me rather think of the heores of the Water Margin than of Nian Geng Yao...

They were from Bandits from Shantung.

• Like 2

ShawAngela
55 minutes ago, shukocarl1441996347 said:

They were from Bandits from Shantung.

Oh, yes, I remember that someone had told me about this ! But what  I don't remember is if the story of Bandits from Shantung was related to Nian Geng Yao and I very much doubt that they are related.

• Like 3