The Bruce Lee Estate vs Street Fighter 6

Drunken Monk

Drunken Monk

According to Street Fighter 6’s composer, the Bruce Lee Estate has approached Capcom about the game’s beloved homage to Bruce Lee, Fei Long.

Apparently the Estate has labeled the character as “dishonorable” and he will no longer be in the Street Fighter games going forward.

Capcom we’re asked to comment and they basically said, “We don’t comment on rumors.” So, this might be bullshit. If it isn’t, it’s pretty crazy because Fei Long has been around FOREVER.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/fei-long-will-never-appear-in-street-fighter-again-says-sfv-composer

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

Apparently the Estate has labeled the character as “dishonorable” and he will no longer be in the Street Fighter games going forward.

Isn't it more dishonorable that Shannon Lee appeared in High Voltage?

If that is true, then WTF, people? There's idolizing your dad and turning your dad into an idol. I think the Estate (Shannon Lee in particular) is moving toward the latter.

• Like 2

PandaPawPaw

Dishonourable? More like we're not making any money from it so we must shut it down!

The Estate gives the Bruce Lee name to some many shitty projects/products but the actual good stuff, ohhh no we can't have that.

Fei Long is a great homage to BL.

I guess Marshall Law is a gonna too then.

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

TibetanWhiteCrane

Those two cu.... eeh, women, are truly despicable. And I don't even care about Bruce Lee stuff. 

Dishonorable? That's rich coming from the Bruce Lee Estate who doesn't shy away to slap Bruce's name on literally anything they deem profitable. Hey Capcom just give them enough incentive and I'm sure they'll quiet down LOL.

• Like 2

WarriorBloodCrest

I'm not really sure why everyone is taking that article at face value. Those are only the words of a music composer, and it would seem that the twitch stream in which he made those declarations has been taken down. I'd rather wait for actual word or two from the estate or Capcom. 

• Like 2

TibetanWhiteCrane
4 minutes ago, WarriorBloodCrest said:

I'm not really sure why everyone is taking that article at face value. Those are only the words of a music composer, and it would seem that the twitch stream in which he made those declarations has been taken down. I'd rather wait for actual word or two from the estate or Capcom. 

Probably because this is nothing new with them, and right on track with their behavior for the last many, many years. They're scum. 

• Like 3