Scream VI (2023) - Jenni Ortega, Melissa Barrera, Jasmin Savoy Brown, Mason Gooding, Hayden Panettiere

AlbertV

Set to shoot next month is Scream 6. That's right, an official sixth installment was announced when 2022's Scream did really well. Returning to direct are Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett aka Radio Silence with James Vanderbilt and Guy Busick scripting again. Originally set to return cast-wise are Jenni Ortega and Melissa Barrera as sisters Tara and Sam Carpenter and  Jasmin Savoy Brown and Mason Gooding as Mindy and Chad, the twin niece and nephew of original character Randy Meeks (Jamie Kennedy). It is still unknown whether Neve Campbell or Courteney Cox will return in their roles of Sydney Prescott and Gale Weathers respectively.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/scream-6-cast-jenna-ortega-melissa-barrera-mason-gooding-1235262995/

Spoiler

David Arquette is NOT returning as Dewey was killed by "Ghostface" in the last one along with Marley Shelton's Sheriff Judy Hicks, who was killed alongside her son. 

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

Hayden Panettiere is returning as her Scre4m character of Kirby for the new film as well. She was deemed a fan favorite among the crowd.

https://www.fangoria.com/original/kirby-is-back-hayden-panettiere-signs-on-for-scream-6/

Spoiler

2022's Scream has an Easter egg that confirms Kirby survived her attack in Scre4m in the form of a YouTube video seen in the film.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

Drunken Monk

I'm glad Panettiere is onboard and I hope it's more than just a fan service cameo. I hope she has a leading or big supporting role. I've always felt that she had a lot of charisma and deserved more after she blew in Heroes. It seems that she'd hardly worked since 2016.

It helps that she's super cute too.

Edited by Drunken Monk
  • Like 2

Drunken Monk

Neve Campbell has officially announced that she won't be joining the cast of Scream 6. Her official statement:

“Sadly, I won’t be making the next ‘Scream‘ film. As a woman, I have had to work extremely hard in my career to establish my value, especially when it comes to ‘Scream.’ I felt the offer that was presented to me did not equate to the value I have brought to the franchise. It’s been a very difficult decision to move on. To all my ‘Scream’ fans, I love you. You’ve always been so incredibly supportive to me. I’m forever grateful to you and to what this franchise has given me over the past 25 years.”

• Like 2

In other casting news Dermot Mulroney has joined the cast in an unspecified role. And Jenni Ortega has mentioned that the new film will be "darker and more violent". She said she has seen some of the script and said:

“Ghostface gets a lot more intimidating. I just read part of the script, and it just gets more and more gory. I think that this is probably the most aggressive and violent version of Ghostface we’ve ever seen, which I think will really be fun to shoot.”

It will be sad not to see Campbell return, but in some way I felt the 2022 Scream being a passing of the torch anyway, so I'm okay with her not being there. Campbell will be seen next in Twisted Metal in the recurring role of Raven. 

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

Horror fan favorite Samara Weaving (Mayhem, The Babysitter, Ready or Not) and the Spider-Man MCU Trilogy's Tony Revolori have also joined the franchise and this is new title...could be Scream II or Scream!! looks like the latter so I'll use that here. 

FXpGaTCVQAAffmI?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1