Top 100 Best HK Films?!!

Super Ninja

TibetanWhiteCrane

Taste is subjective, but these list usually sucks.

Ok, Hard Boiled is number 99...... aaaaand we're done with that list.

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 2

Super Ninja
2 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Ok, Hard Boiled is number 99...... aaaaand we're done with that list.

That's the kind of reaction I was hoping for. I reacted the same way but couldn't help myself, the rest is even more frustrating. 

• Like 3

starschwar

This is the second list posted here in recent memory that contains two Lar Kar Leung films, with neither being the 36th Chamber.  I know opinions over every aspect of film can vary widely.  But Dirty Ho, over The 36th Chamber of Shaolin?  Nah.

Edited by starschwar
  • Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Super Ninja
3 hours ago, starschwar said:

This is the second list posted here in recent memory that contains two Lar Kar Leung films, with neither being the 36th Chamber.  I know opinions over every aspect of film can vary widely.  But Dirty Ho, over The 36th Chamber of Shaolin?  Nah.

I absolutely agree. Also one of the reasons why this list made my blood boil, why is The 36th Chamber of Shaolin not included?!

And how about Love in a Puff beating The Killer?!!

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

The only really good thing this list does is put The Killer ahead of Hard Boiled. Most lists would put Hard Boiled way higher but I think The Killer is the better film by miles.

While it has a lot of classics on the list - and their number one is as good as any - they do make some unusual choices. Shaolin Soccer ahead of Police Story? Get the fuck outta here.

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Super Ninja
10 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

The only really good thing this list does is put The Killer ahead of Hard Boiled. Most lists would put Hard Boiled way higher but I think The Killer is the better film by miles.

While it has a lot of classics on the list - and their number one is as good as any - they do make some unusual choices. Shaolin Soccer ahead of Police Story? Get the fuck outta here.

I agree. The Killer is my fave John Woo and a better movie of the two.

There are plenty of unusual choices as you say. Calling them unusual is, in my opinion, being way too kind though. One such that I found particularly hard to swallow was Still Human in the first ten. I've attendeded a festival screening and while I find it to be a very good and pleasant dramedy with once again great Anthony Wong, how can a movie that new beat long time classics and fan favorites such as Chungking Express or Police Story? That's ridiculous.

• Like 2