Barbie (2023) - Margot Robbie, Ryan Gosling, Simu Liu, Kate McKinnon

AlbertV

An absolute delight. Clever, funny as hell, poignant, political and heartfelt, Barbie is easily one of the best 2023 has to offer. I loved it.

I can see “certain types” bit caring for its political stance but this film definitely wasn’t made for that audience. Most people will enjoy every minute of this flick. Robbie is on top form and shines throughout, Gosling is going full ditzy blonde and the supporting cast is wonderful.

I hope this one gets the Oscar nominations it deserves.

• Like 2

Guess I'm a bit late to the party. Had this forever on my list but for the life of me couldn't bring myself to watch it. Well I finally did...

10/10 for the prop department, wardrobe and set decoration BUT the rest of the movie I'm not sure.

Overall I had a few good laughs here and there. I get the message (and for what it's worth an important one I think) of 'Barbie'. However, it's delivered with a sledgehammer! At times even in a rather aggressive undertone with borderline hatred towards men.

Be that as it may towards the end of the movie it does luckily find a bit of balance again. Favorite scene is definitely "I'm just Ken" with Ryan Gosling. Although I don't really think he deserved the nomination for "Best Supporting Actor". I'd go as far saying that Margot Robbie would've been much more deserving of a nomination to be honest!

I just didn't have as much fun as I thought I would with 'Barbie' (pun intended). Even caught myself wondering off more than just a few times. Oh yeah and I can only share the general consensus Simu Liu seemingly is a twat! That's it from me regarding this movie.

PandaPawPaw
2 hours ago, laagi said:

Guess I'm a bit late to the party. Had this forever on my list but for the life of me couldn't bring myself to watch it. Well I finally did...

10/10 for the prop department, wardrobe and set decoration BUT the rest of the movie I'm not sure.

Overall I had a few good laughs here and there. I get the message (and for what it's worth an important one I think) of 'Barbie'. However, it's delivered with a sledgehammer! At times even in a rather aggressive undertone with borderline hatred towards men.

Be that as it may towards the end of the movie it does luckily find a bit of balance again. Favorite scene is definitely "I'm just Ken" with Ryan Gosling. Although I don't really think he deserved the nomination for "Best Supporting Actor". I'd go as far saying that Margot Robbie would've been much more deserving of a nomination to be honest!

I just didn't have as much fun as I thought I would with 'Barbie' (pun intended). Even caught myself wondering off more than just a few times. Oh yeah and I can only share the general consensus Simu Liu seemingly is a twat! That's it from me regarding this movie.

Hating this film means you hate women. Booooooooooo! :P

Is the film anti-men as I keep reading about. I have no intention of ever letting my peepers watch this movie as it doesn't appeal to me in the slightest.

Is it worthy of an Oscar nomination (even though it didn't get one)?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Super Ninja

I got burned when sharing my thoughts on the movie with my closest friends, so I'm definitely not gonna share my thoughts anywhere else. As Gervais said it, we've evolved to be scared of words. Bravo us.

All that pink is about the only thing I liked about the movie. Yeah, I'm a grown man and I like pink, I dare say that much. That shouldn't get me canceled right?

• Like 2

PandaPawPaw
1 hour ago, Super Ninja said:

I got burned when sharing my thoughts on the movie with my closest friends, so I'm definitely not gonna share my thoughts anywhere else. As Gervais said it, we've evolved to be scared of words. Bravo us.

All that pink is about the only thing I liked about the movie. Yeah, I'm a grown man and I like pink, I dare say that much. That shouldn't get me canceled right?

You didn't like it either? Hey everybody he hates women too! Get him! :D

I like pink too. Heck my avatar drawing has pink bottoms too.

Share your thoughts here. I'd be interested to hear them. :)

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Haha 2

Super Ninja
2 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

You didn't like it either? Hey everybody he hates women too! Get him! :D

I like pink too. Heck my avatar drawing has pink bottoms too.

Share your thoughts here. I'd be interested to hear them. :)

I'm not falling for that, I've learned to be careful and weigh my words :lipssealed:laugh

Will just say it was similar to what @laagi said, minus the good stuff and with a bit more hate and aggressive attitude towards feminists. Certain kind of feminists who, as he said it, deliver their message with a sledgehammer. 

It all started when I said I found Oppenheimer to be an inspiring movie (mostly big Nolan haters my friends), then I slam-dunked it with Barbie.

I'm glad to hear you like pink too @PandaPawPaw.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Drunken Monk

No one should be attacked for their opinions on movies. We live in weird times where people are viciously called names and such just because they do or don't like a certain film. I know that's how being online goes these days bu tI don't have to like it.

Of course, Barbie is ingrained with politics. But I think people take it too far. I liked Barbie and I'm a feminist but I personally don't feel like the two coincided during my watching of it. In the same vain, I don't think anyone hates women just because they dislike Barbie. It may be a feminist movie but you get what you get out of it. If you think it bashes people over the head with an anti-maoe stance then that's your viewpoint. No one caan take that from you. Will many disagree? Sure. But many will agree as well.

As long as you're not blatantly offensive ("Only woke bitches like Barbie"), you should feel safe to express an opinion. It sucks that we have to live in fear.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 2

33 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

No one should be attacked for their opinions on movies. We live in weird times where people are viciously called names and such just because they do or don't like a certain film. I know that's how being online goes these days bu tI don't have to like it.

Of course, Barbie is ingrained with politics. But I think people take it too far. I liked Barbie and I'm a feminist but I personally don't feel like the two coincided during my watching of it. In the same vain, I don't think anyone hates women just because they dislike Barbie. It may be a feminist movie but you get what you get out of it. If you think it bashes people over the head with an anti-maoe stance then that's your viewpoint. No one caan take that from you. Will many disagree? Sure. But many will agree as well.

As long as you're not blatantly offensive ("Only woke bitches like Barbie"), you should feel safe to express an opinion. It sucks that we have to live in fear.

If you've followed any of the recent 'TD: Night Country' controversy (god I hate that word) and how show-runner Issa Lopez continues to use every trick in the book to gaslight fans, I'd definitely have to say we live in weird times :lipssealed

Luckily or unfortunate for her most fans have come together and called her out on her BS!

It's such a cheap shot to put people into a corner just because they like or dislike your product and that goes both ways.

Honestly at this point it's insane how entertainment has turned into ballistics and is (ab)used from right to left to push their own agenda.

I've come to the conclusion that I will no matter whom I'm with always share my opinion in a respectful matter obviously and if they feel offended by it they can go and suck a tailpipe!

andy samberg GIF

Edited by laagi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

PandaPawPaw
23 minutes ago, laagi said:

@Drunken Monk@Super Ninja @PandaPawPaw I think what bothered me a bit was that they never mention (save for one sentence) how women among each other can (not saying all are) be REAL poison!

Me after this statement... laagi... laagi who?

conan obrien GIF by Team Coco

I feel like I have to watch it so I can get in on the women hate and I have just the jumper for it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnj59Kj-3KTNPMDsPwAU5

*Pandas Lawyer - Winterbottom says: These views are just for giggles and he in fact supports womans views with both paws.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

I feel like I have to watch it so I can get in on the women hate and I have just the jumper for it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnj59Kj-3KTNPMDsPwAU5

*Pandas Lawyer - Winterbottom says: These views are just for giggles and he in fact supports womans views with both paws.

Too tame bro... You gotta go balls to the wall on this one!

il_fullxfull.3787793275_a6o4.jpg

And for further viewing here are the 9 commandments...

https://www.facebook.com/Relivemwc/videos/the-9-commandments/542327619442614/

• Haha 2

Super Ninja

Glad to see people here are on the healthy side and ready to joke about this stuff.

Cheers to you guys! 

:BL-Toast:

Btw where can I get that jumper? :tongueout 

Wish I had it in pink for the Barbie premiere.

Appreciate your suggestion @laagi, but that one would probably get me castrated. 

• Love 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

25 minutes ago, Super Ninja said:

Glad to see people here are on the healthy side and ready to joke about this stuff.

Cheers to you guys! 

:BL-Toast:

Staring Star Wars GIF by Disney+

• Buddha Bless You 1