Barbie (2023) - Margot Robbie, Ryan Gosling, Simu Liu, Kate McKinnon

AlbertV

first-photo-margot-robbie-is-barbie.jpg

Margot Robbie is seen in the first official photo of the live-action Barbie movie, directed by Greta Gerwig and written by Gerwig and partner Noah Baumbach. It looks like they are going with the titular Barbie being a doll exiled for not "being perfect enough" and I'm guessing she comes to life in the real work to start a new adventure. Gosling plays Ken in the film. Coming out July 21, 2023 from Warner Bros. and Mattel Films. 

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

Greta Gerwig got mew to watch Little Women (which was amazing) so she's definitely going to get me to watch a Barbie movie. I'm weirdly hyped for this one.

• Like 1

I know that this will probably suck, but I kind of want to watch it. If for nothing else than to see Harley Quinn play as Barbie. Oh, and if the "Barbie Girl" sing by Aqua isn't in this, I will be deeply disappointed. lol

• Like 1

In case you missed it...Ryan Gosling as Ken...cue the laughter

809e06b1e4456920a5e034295b3666864b-FVTf8

c852fb2141ab0dc9aa0b8d3be20f520fe9-barbi

Edited by AlbertV
  • Haha 3

On 7/19/2022 at 11:09 AM, AlbertV said:

In case you missed it...Ryan Gosling as Ken...cue the laughter

809e06b1e4456920a5e034295b3666864b-FVTf8

c852fb2141ab0dc9aa0b8d3be20f520fe9-barbi

God, he looks so dorky. lol

• Haha 1

Very different from what I expected initially, and actually quite entertaining.

Really good work from the cast, notably the always great Margot Robbie, and Ryan Gosling (whose work I hadn't liked so much in a while).

(Just wish people would stop putting Simu Liu in things already!)

Edited by Agent U

OpiumKungFuCracker

Lol only 7 replies for one of if not the biggest movie of 2023 gross estimate a billion dollars at the box office.  Bunch of tough guys in this forum. 

Drunken Monk
1 hour ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Lol only 7 replies for one of if not the biggest movie of 2023 gross estimate a billion dollars at the box office.  Bunch of tough guys in this forum. 

I'm eager to see it. I just don't really go to the cinema anymore.

• Buddha Bless You 1

2 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Or just reasonable with a life who aren't eager to catch the latest hype on the big screen. Haven't watched Oppenheimer either BTW.

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Nothing I heard about this movie looked or sounded any good to me(Besides seeing Margot looking sexy as ever, which I can just google images of and skip the film). So I don’t really have much else to say about it. 

• Like 3

On 8/14/2023 at 2:29 PM, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Thats just it, were guys..  Dont think the targeted audience of this movie was members of the kung fu cinema forums lmao. Now I am pretty curious about it myself. But dont have a woman in my life to drag me to see it, see it when its out of theaters eventually. Actually rewatched Harley birds of prey on the plane to las vegas in preparation to see this, movie got more flack than it deserved imo.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

2 hours ago, laagi said:

I love the hate this guy gets :laugh

Like he literally complained his way into the Shang Chi role when there were a bunch of other candidates who diligently fought for the role. He also acts way more narcissistic than people make Brie Larson out to be... Don't even get me started on his past Reddit posts.

Let's not even get started on how he made Twitter angry with his premiere outfit🤣🤣. This is a Barbie thread after all so I ain't Gon go off like I usually do

GettyImages-1517816037-e1689022803673.jpg

• Buddha Bless You 1

I liked Simu in Kim's Convenience (how that show made 5 seasons I will never know) but after that...................nah............................

He seems to get offended quite easily and clearly got a big head now.

• Like 3

On 8/16/2023 at 7:27 AM, PandaPawPaw said:

I liked Simu in Kim's Convenience (how that show made 5 seasons I will never know) but after that...................nah............................

He seems to get offended quite easily and clearly got a big head now.

Well, he comes across as a modern day liberal. Being offended is their thing. lol

• Like 1

I saw this last week and loved it. Surely the year’s most unexpected delight: a riotous toy story adventure musical and a gender political hand grenade whose constant film references (starting from a lengthy opening scene Kubrick homage) will definitely fly over its most obvious target audience. Perhaps that's the secret of its success: a children's film that works better with adults and (best with film buffs), except of course some conservative audiences among whom the film appears to have caused a meltdown. Margot Robbie shines as a Barbie doll who starts malfunctioning after thoughts of death creep into her mind, but it's Ryan Gosling who steals the show as a Ken who gets tired of being treated as a sex object and discovers the joys of toxic masculinity. The year’s funniest acting performance without a doubt. Also, mad respect for the crazy art design and insane practical effects extravaganza that seem to be giving a middle finger to the typical Hollywood CGI fests.

I’m just Ken:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Takuma said:

I saw this last week and loved it. Surely the year’s most unexpected delight: a riotous toy story adventure musical and a gender political hand grenade whose constant film references (starting from a lengthy opening scene Kubrick homage) will definitely fly over its most obvious target audience. Perhaps that's the secret of its success: a children's film that works better with adults and (best with film buffs), except of course some conservative audiences among whom the film appears to have caused a meltdown. Margot Robbie shines as a Barbie doll who starts malfunctioning after thoughts of death creep into her mind, but it's Ryan Gosling who steals the show as a Ken who gets tired of being treated as a sex object and discovers the joys of toxic masculinity. The year’s funniest acting performance without a doubt. Also, mad respect for the crazy art design and insane practical effects extravaganza that seem to be giving a middle finger to the typical Hollywood CGI fests.

I’m just Ken:

No I just couldn't make it through that. Not for me but glad you enjoyed it @Takuma. :)