Jackie n Jet Project more info

Guest limubai2000

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gau dog
Apparently, Yuen Wo Ping isn't quite happy with the script by the Hollywood writers.

Yuen must've signed on without knowing what project he was working on.

Don't worry Mark, here's another great rumor from Monkeypeaches:

Looks like Peter Jackson is not attached to the Jackie Chan / Jet Li Project (aka. The J&J Project). Disappointed? Relieved? According to Chinese newspaper Southern Metropolis Daily, Han Sanping, president of China Film Group, which is expected to co-produce the project, just said the movie would be directed by Rob Minkoff (The Haunted Mansion, Stuart Little 2, Stuart Little, The Lion King). The J&J Project is about a New York kid travels to the ancient China to rescue the Monkey King and to learn the true meaning of Kung Fu. This project, in which Jackie Chan and Jet Li will work together for the first time ever, It is primary a kid movie so Minkoff sounds like a perfect choice.

Kiddie flick! Hooray!

Guest limubai2000

I think everyone is confused...

YWP has 2 projects that we know about... Snow White and the 7 Shaolin Monks for lack of a better title and the Great Wall movie for which he is trying to get Jet Li aboard.

The Jackie and Jet co-project has nothing that I am aware of to do with YWP. Zhang/Spielberg, their involvement with this film and any involvement has been denied as just a overzealous rumor based on a comment during an interview. I think the Peter Jackson thing is a rumor as well.

Guest Chen Zhen

wow, arguably 2 of HK's GREATEST ACTION STARS first onscreen moment together...

..will be a kiddie movie.

booooo....

Archived