Streets of Rage (202x) - to be written by John Wick writer Derek Kolstad

DrNgor

image.png.92750181ef9ee6797265d8829ebaecb0.png

https://deadline.com/2022/04/streets-of-rage-film-adaptation-john-wick-creator-derek-kolstad-1235004975/

On the heels of its success with Paramount’s Sonic the Hedgehog films, SEGA has another franchise coming to the big screen with beat ’em up game Streets of Rage getting the film treatment, sources tell Deadline. Derek Kolstad, who created the John Wick action franchise and penned the Bob Odenkirk actioner Nobody, wrote the script on spec.

The initial characters in the franchise are:

Axel Stone - a martial artist (probably a mixture of different styles -- Muay Thai, Karate)
Blaze Fielding - a judo expert
Adam Hunter - a kickboxer

I think we can expect lots of hand-to-hand in this one.

Edited by DrNgor
  • Like 6

J.J. Hayden

Not really excited about anything coming out of Hollywood of late, especially an already established franchise, ESPECIALLY a video game movie, their track record is pretty abysmal.

Then again, the Sonic movies seemed to respect the source material and have done pretty well, so maybe Hollywood is going to go back to making thing that people enjoy?

But I doubt it so who knows what will happen.

Edited by J.J. Hayden
  • Like 2

One Armed Boxer
15 hours ago, DrNgor said:

Streets of Rage (202x) - to be written by John Wick director Derek Kolstad

Just to clarify the subject line, Chad Stahelski and David Leitch directed 'John Wick', while Kolstad wrote the screenplay.

• Like 2

On 4/19/2022 at 11:21 PM, One Armed Boxer said:

Just to clarify the subject line, Chad Stahelski and David Leitch directed 'John Wick', while Kolstad wrote the screenplay.

Corrected.

• Like 2

TheFlyingPanda

If they sample the original game soundtrack for the score, Make it  in a retro 1990's grungy apocoliptic timeline with the right cast, throw in Scott Adkins and Tri Nguyen as well and We got a good movie.

• Like 2

I love the games and I would like for this to turn out good, but I'm not holding my breath. Hollywood is a master of f*cking things up.  

• Like 1