Ghost of Tsushima (2023?) - Live-Action Adaptation of Video Game

AlbertV

Ghost_of.jpg

Chad Stahelski will be directing a live-action adaptation of the popular PlayStation video game Ghost of Tsushima.  It was announced today that Takashi Doscher will be writing the screenplay. No casting has been announced as of yet.

The story unfolds on the island of Tsushima off the coast of Japan during the first Mongol invasion in 1274. It follows protagonist Jin Sakai, one of the last remaining samurai warriors, who becomes a stealthy guerrilla fighter in order to ward off the brutal enemies – earning the nickname ‘The Ghost’.

https://deadline.com/2022/04/ghost-of-tsushima-takashi-doscher-writing-1235000925/

Who would you like to see play Jin Sakai, the titular "Ghost"?

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

Hiroyuki Sanada. Even though he over 60 years old, he still moves fast. Just see his opening action scene in Mortal Kombat.

• Like 2

TibetanWhiteCrane

What's the point of this? There are tons of great samurai films from the last 60-70 something years..... none of which were made in Hollywood.

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

I was hoping Shahelski would direct his Highlander remake next but this is pretty exciting too. I have faith that Stahelski will deliver something fresh.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, LoBo said:

Hiroyuki Sanada. Even though he over 60 years old, he still moves fast. Just see his opening action scene in Mortal Kombat.

I see Sanada more as Jin's uncle Lord Shimura. Wouldn't it be interesting if the mo-cap actor himself, Daisuke Tsuji, was offered the role of Jin himself? 

Ghost-of-Tsushima-actor-Daisuke-Tsuji-re

• Like 2

Darth Kermit

I love Stahelski's direction, and if he's sticking to Japan and Japanese, then I am all in. I have not played the game as I do not own a PlayStation, but my love of Samurai movies as always had me interested in the game. As to casting, I love Tadanobu Asano, but I also really loved Takuya Kimura in Blade of the Immortal. I think both would be solid choices. 

• Like 1