All of Us are Dead (Korean zombie series)

Drunken Monk

Drunken Monk

Has anyone watched this one on Netflix? I'm on the third episode and it's really pulled me in. It's like the anime, High School of the Dead, but with way less gratuitous panty shots and giant boobs. Basically, a zombie virus breaks out in a school and we follow the students as they navigate the perils of evading the swarm.

The first episode sets up the characters and is a little long and dragged out but the zombie action really hits inn episode 2 and stays consistent throughout. It's a nice mix of high school drama and action with each character having their own little sub plot (including teenage pregnancy and suicide).

Like I said, I'm only on episode 3 but I'm really enjoying it.

• Like 3

One Armed Boxer
15 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

It's like the anime, High School of the Dead, but with way less gratuitous panty shots and giant boobs.

Or in other words, it's not Japanese. :tongueout

Yes, I watched this one a couple of months back. It's surprisingly entertaining, with only 1 real filler episode from what I remember. It gets pretty ruthless with the character kills in the latter episodes as well, with some that you'd definitely expect to make it to the end biting the dust. That's all I'll say without getting into spoiler territory. Definitely stick with it, I was sure the ending was going to be a letdown after such a relentless pace, but I think it wrapped things up pretty well.

PS You've posted about this one, I've posted about 'Yaksha: Ruthless Operations' - what's happened to @laagi!? He normally gets to Korean content before any of us!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Or in other words, it's not Japanese. :tongueout

Yes, I watched this one a couple of months back. It's surprisingly entertaining, with only 1 real filler episode from what I remember. It gets pretty ruthless with the character kills in the latter episodes as well, with some that you'd definitely expect to make it to the end biting the dust. That's all I'll say without getting into spoiler territory. Definitely stick with it, I was sure the ending was going to be a letdown after such a relentless pace, but I think it wrapped things up pretty well.

PS You've posted about this one, I've posted about 'Yaksha: Ruthless Operations' - what's happened to @laagi!? He normally gets to Korean content before any of us!

Oh I'm still around believe me :itwasntme But just been on a bit of a hiatus lately when it comes to korean cinema or series in particular. I did have Yaksha: Ruthless Operations on my watchlist but after a mediocre trailer and your review I might actually skip that one.

Maybe I also do feel a certain fatigue with korean productions. I hate to admit it! There's still plenty of great stuff out there but I do feel that it's more and more quantity over quality. Which is just a damn shame!

But I'll definitely try to get back on track. But so much content to keep track of. Currently more invested in series (which is very unlike me). Surprised you haven't checked out Tokyo Vice yet :wink

• Like 2

One Armed Boxer
10 hours ago, laagi said:

Surprised you haven't checked out Tokyo Vice yet :wink

Ha, I'll be skipping that one! I actually read Jake Adelstein's book when I was living in Tokyo, so I want the way its ingrained in my memory to stay the way it is.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Ha, I'll be skipping that one! I actually read Jake Adelstein's book when I was living in Tokyo, so I want the way its ingrained in my memory to stay the way it is.

Would've sure made for an very interesting review! I'm curious how it plays out. Maybe you can check it out eventually. I can see time spent much worse than with Tokyo Vice.

• Like 2