High Rise Invasion (2021) Ultraviolent anime

DrNgor

Original title: Tenku Shinpan - 12 episodes - Ultraviolent anime for adult males about a high school girl, Yuri Honjô, who is transported into a parallel world construct in which all the buildings in Tokyo(?) are connected via rope bridge and nobody has access to the ground. The buildings are patrolled by masked killers called Masks, or Angels, who attack people with the intent of driving them to suicide. There are also humans called God Candidates who have super powers, including that to control Masks for their own intents. Yuri makes alliances with normal people, righteous God Candidates, and even some Angels as she tries to figure out how to destroy the realm and return everybody (including her brother, Rika) to the Real World. There is A LOT of fan service in this anime: panty shots galore, high school girls with ginormous breasts, short skirts, naked (but not detailed) transformation sequences, and unrequitted lesbian love. And dozens of characters get shot, stabbed, slashed, fall headfirst on pavements, get their heads taken off by cannonballs, etc. I liked the variety of killers, and the concept of the world being a deadly training ground for Godhood invokes memories of Galaxy of Terror, but it's mainly an anime for men to turn on their reptile brains and enjoy.

• Like 2

Drunken Monk
On 3/29/2022 at 8:54 AM, DrNgor said:

Original title: Tenku Shinpan - 12 episodes - Ultraviolent anime for adult males about a high school girl, Yuri Honjô, who is transported into a parallel world construct in which all the buildings in Tokyo(?) are connected via rope bridge and nobody has access to the ground. The buildings are patrolled by masked killers called Masks, or Angels, who attack people with the intent of driving them to suicide. There are also humans called God Candidates who have super powers, including that to control Masks for their own intents. Yuri makes alliances with normal people, righteous God Candidates, and even some Angels as she tries to figure out how to destroy the realm and return everybody (including her brother, Rika) to the Real World. There is A LOT of fan service in this anime: panty shots galore, high school girls with ginormous breasts, short skirts, naked (but not detailed) transformation sequences, and unrequitted lesbian love. And dozens of characters get shot, stabbed, slashed, fall headfirst on pavements, get their heads taken off by cannonballs, etc. I liked the variety of killers, and the concept of the world being a deadly training ground for Godhood invokes memories of Galaxy of Terror, but it's mainly an anime for men to turn on their reptile brains and enjoy.

This sounds like something I'd love. I'm happy to see that it's on Netflix and only twelve episodes. I'll definitely give this a go ASAP.

• Like 2

On 4/11/2022 at 2:43 PM, Drunken Monk said:

This sounds like something I'd love

Can't wait to read your thoughts on it!

• Like 2

Drunken Monk
7 hours ago, DrNgor said:

Can't wait to read your thoughts on it!

I watched the first episode. I find the art style a little amateurish but it’s certainly an interesting concept…if not a little odd.

I should watch one or two more tomorrow.

• Like 2