Favorite Woo Ping/Yen film?

Iron_Leopard

Iron_Leopard
3 hours ago, DrNgor said:

Probably In the Line of Durty IV, although Iron Monkey is up there.

3 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

In the Line of Duty IV by a country mile. 

He felt like a side character in that movie  to me like in Wing Chun. But it's still great.

• Like 3

J.J. Hayden

As a film, I believe Iron Monkey is their best co-lab, but purely on the action it'd have to be In The Line Of Duty IV.

• Like 3

Iron_Leopard
3 hours ago, legendarycurry said:

My personal favorite is In The Line Of Duty 4. Least favorite is Hero Among Heroes.

I have a soft spot for Heroes Among Heroes. After I got into Donnie when I first saw Miramax release of Iron Monkey I went looking for more of his movies and all I could find was this movie. I think the American release I had was "Fist of the Red Dragon" so I use to watch it all the time cause it's all I had.

• Like 2

legendarycurry
14 hours ago, Iron_Leopard said:

I have a soft spot for Heroes Among Heroes. After I got into Donnie when I first saw Miramax release of Iron Monkey I went looking for more of his movies and all I could find was this movie. I think the American release I had was "Fist of the Red Dragon" so I use to watch it all the time cause it's all I had.

I understand. Some movies are dear to us thanks to nostalgic reasons. And sometimes when you only have a few movies that you watch over and over again they become special to you.

Honestly the main thing I remember from Hero Among Heroes was one joke where the Aunt Yee analogue says "Delay no more" in English and Ng Man Tat is shocked and spits his drink because he thinks she is saying "yo mama" in Cantonese basically. At least that's how I remember it :)

• Like 3

An unpopular choice but I would say Mismatched Couples. Everything about the movie so charming and you can't help but feel happy after watching it.

For pure action orientation, I would pick In the Line of Duty 4.

• Like 3

Drunken Monk

I would say Iron Monkey is my favourite but that's because I love period kung fu movies from the 90's. It's probably why I'd put Wing Chun high on my list too. Even though Donnie Yen's character isn't the lead.

Drunken Tai Chi would be my least favourite. I'd even take Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny over that one.

• Like 4

Iron_Leopard
52 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I would say Iron Monkey is my favourite but that's because I love period kung fu movies from the 90's. It's probably why I'd put Wing Chun high on my list too. Even though Donnie Yen's character isn't the lead.

Drunken Tai Chi would be my least favourite. I'd even take Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny over that one.

Oh wow. I already forgot CTHD: SOD existed! I don't think I ever saw it. Is it worth a watch or is it just a cash grab?

• Like 3

Drunken Monk
33 minutes ago, Iron_Leopard said:

Oh wow. I already forgot CTHD: SOD existed! I don't think I ever saw it. Is it worth a watch or is it just a cash grab?

I like it more than most. It is absolutely NOTHING like the original and should really have been a separate film but it's kind of fun. Cheap looking at times but fun.

• Like 4