Any big actors you feel are shoved in our face that noone actually cares for?

Koravec

I have to say Simu Liu. I lost all respect for the guy when he deleted his social media posts about Mark Wahlberg after he found out he was co-starring with him in Arthur the King. The guy is a terrible actor to boot. He only shot to semi-stardom because Hollywood needed a du jour "Asian" face. I'm glad Ryan Gosling brushed him off when he tried to get chummy with him during the promotions for Barbie. Speaking of which, that is another overrated and overexposed actor.

As far as females go, none other than Awkafina. Is there a more annoying actress right now? Her gravely voice when she attempts AAVE is like nails on a chalkboard. What a shame that Asian representation in Hollywood is fronted by these two sad sacks. But I'm sure that's by design.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Agent U said:

I've come across this Rachel Zegler debacle, over which I had a good laugh earlier today, and thought of this topic.

The most puzzling to me is why, how and again why a girl that starred in only two movies, both of which very clearly bombed, is now getting lead roles in everything under the sun.

She seems to be so up herself. So unlikeable and she really shouldn't talk as she always says something stupid.

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

I think the general problem nowadays is that these "stars" have unlimited time and access to social media. Which gives them a platform to just spew out whatever they think is important. Or vice versa every little piece they ever said or did will eventually land on the internet. 

Remember the time BEFORE social media. Where stars seemed to be almost living in a different dimension. You had your scandals BUT never the kind of exposure to these individuals you get today. One I'd argue nobody really asked for.

This ultitmately leads to all the (at times justified) backlash these individuals get. Furthermore it proves that most at the top (or at least that's what they think) are nothing else but a bunch of narcissists. 

Perfect example is the ongoing SAG-AFTRA strike. I don't wanna hear another word of those sitting on a pile of money! It's also really strange that the press only seems to focus on them in this entire discussion. Who the F cares what Mark Ruffalo has to say about this!? 

Talk to the countless background actors or crew members who literally have to live from paycheck to paycheck. That's a discussion worth having and more importantly needed. 

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

8 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

As far as females go, none other than Awkafina.

Call me weird I think she's hot. And yes to everything else you had to say about her :laugh

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

As far as females go, none other than Awkafina. Is there a more annoying actress right now? Her gravely voice when she attempts AAVE is like nails on a chalkboard. What a shame that Asian representation in Hollywood is fronted by these two sad sacks. But I'm sure that's by design.

I quite like Awkafina in Nora from Queens. She's funny in that. I like her voice too. She's no way as bad as the SIMU!

He just sucks!

5 minutes ago, laagi said:

Call me weird I think she's hot. And yes to everything else you had to say about her :laugh

More cute than hawt I'd say.

Like Yvonne Chapman is haaaaaaaaaawt. This we know.

Aquafina is cute but I'mma keeping ma pants on.

On 4/3/2022 at 4:33 PM, Koravec said:

I mean are people in India really fawning over Shah Rukh Khan still?

Yes, they are. Shah Rukh Khan stars in Pathaan, an action thriller released in January 2023. According to Wikipedia, its release set "box office records for highest opening day, highest single day, highest opening weekend and highest opening week for a Hindi film in India. It eventually became the highest grossing Hindi language film ever in India and set new records in all major overseas markets" like US, Canada, UAE, United Kingdom and Australia.  

3 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

Yes, they are. Shah Rukh Khan stars in Pathaan, an action thriller released in January 2023. According to Wikipedia, its release set "box office records for highest opening day, highest single day, highest opening weekend and highest opening week for a Hindi film in India. It eventually became the highest grossing Hindi language film ever in India and set new records in all major overseas markets" like US, Canada, UAE, United Kingdom and Australia.  

I can't stand most if not all of the Indian actors or actresses now. All fucking get on my nerves. They try so bloody hard to be cool and westernised that it just comes of a cringe.

Plus so much corruption and shitty things going on in the Indian film industry.

Also the term Bollywood is fucking stupid too.

(Post not aimed at you, just me venting. :D)

• Haha 1

It's Vin Diesel to me... dude couldn't act his way out of a paper bag, and he's always unlikable in every movie I've seen him in..

but obviously I'm in the minority, since he's a leading man in movies yearly..

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 2

8 minutes ago, BigDruDogg said:

It's Vin Diesel to me... dude couldn't act his way out of a paper bag, and he's always unlikable in every movie I've seen him in..

He was good in Boiler Room but after that he just seems to play himself.

He has the acting range of a wet turd.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, laagi said:

Perfect example is the ongoing SAG-AFTRA strike. I don't wanna hear another word of those sitting on a pile of money! It's also really strange that the press only seems to focus on them in this entire discussion. Who the F cares what Mark Ruffalo has to say about this!? 

Talk to the countless background actors or crew members who literally have to live from paycheck to paycheck. That's a discussion worth having and more importantly needed. 

I understand and sympathise with the strike when you read that 86% of SAG members can't even make the $26k or so a year required to qualify for health insurance.

But it definitely shouldn't be about the 'stars', who are already making way too much money, if anything. Especially when the concept of a 'bankable star' in this day and age seems to equate to making one successful movie out of five, willingly taking credit for the one hit but rejecting any responsibility for the flops and bombs.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BigDruDogg said:

I don't like him either, and don't know anyone who (at least, publicly) does.

I may have mentioned this before, but the F&F series is like an embankment for all the male actors and 'actors' I can't stand.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigDruDogg said:

It's Vin Diesel to me...

They really wasted a movie starring donnie yen and tony jaa together on vin diesel xxx. What a wasted opportunity. And as were speaking of indian actors, stunning actress deepika padukone, and john wick 2 (best in series) actress ruby rose. Wasted effort.    Now thats an actress people are over, ruby rose. Sort of liked her at the time, not in john wick though, but really not so much now.   

I just hate how actors have to always be the trendiest person or people out rn. 

Why cant we just cast people that fit the role. Making long careered actors gain or lose weight and go bald or artificially look older. Why not just cast the actual person that resembles the character. I get that not all actors are created equal, but itd probably be better than most lackluster attempts at some of these actors pretending to be a type of person theyre not and doing a bad job at it anyway.

Think of all the bad/mediocore movies actual great actor cheistian bale has lost or gained weight for as the most prominent example. That shit probably wasnt even worth his health for the most part.

• Like 2

Is anyone else tired of seeing Timothée Chalamet? He's a decent actor, but he literally has the same facial expressions in every movie I've seen him in. I think he's trying too hard with his facial expressions, like a runway model walking down and up the catwalk.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, venom10463 said:

Is anyone else tired of seeing Timothée Chalamet? He's a decent actor, but he literally has the same facial expressions in every movie I've seen him in. I think he's trying too hard with his facial expressions, like a runway model walking down and up the catwalk.

I've only seen him on Dune. And although he's in the media quite a bit, it's not to the point I feel he's being shoved down my throat.

Anyway, on Dune I found him alright but also fail to see the big deal.

Didn't find him particularly convincing in action scenes. But that's not so much on him, rather the Hollywood fad to try to make action heroes out of scrawny asses.

It also baffles me this is what young girls seem to find attractive these days. He reminds me of Raggedy Andy.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Agent U said:

I've only seen him on Dune. And although he's in the media quite a bit, it's not to the point I feel he's being shoved down my throat.

Anyway, on Dune I found him alright but also fail to see the big deal.

Didn't find him particularly convincing in action scenes. But that's not so much on him, rather the Hollywood fad to try to make action heroes out of scrawny asses.

It also baffles me this is what young girls seem to find attractive these days. He reminds me of Raggedy Andy.

As a young man I also find this baffling lol

On 8/19/2023 at 9:13 PM, venom10463 said:

To be honest he starred in one of my favorite and most overlooked movies of last year 'Bones And All'. But I do get what you're saying.

I'm looking forward to seeing him in 'Dune: Part Two' but as for 'Wonka' I think it looks like total ass!

Drunken Monk
On 8/19/2023 at 12:24 PM, BigDruDogg said:

It's Vin Diesel to me...

I've never felt like Vin Diesel is shoved in my face. If anything, I feel the opposite. He makes one, maybe two films a year and the rest of the time falls under the radar. I never see interviews with him, press junkets etc.

I understand how you may think he's a terrible actor but, for me (your exposure may differ), he's one of the less focused on actors in Hollywood.

10 hours ago, laagi said:

To be honest he starred in one of my favorite and most overlooked movies of last year 'Bones And All'. But I do get what you're saying.

I'm looking forward to seeing him in 'Dune: Part Two' but as for 'Wonka' I think it looks like total ass!

I was let down by Bones and All. The trailer led me to believe a suspense thriller, but it was more of an artistic romance movie. The movie wasn't bad, and I loved the concept of these individuals surviving by eating human flesh.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 12:24 PM, BigDruDogg said:

He's such a great singer though... Right???????

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Ah_Tao said:

He's such a great singer though... Right???????

That's on your playlist isn't it?

:P

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Haha 1

Cringe alert!

I love the top comment:

'He's spent so much time around cars that he's starting to sound like a motor'

:rofl

• Haha 1