Which one of you dissed Ivy Ling Po??

Iron_Leopard

Iron_Leopard

Found this lone comment from last December under an article about Chin Ping passing away in 2017.

"Ling Po was famous only for acting as male in a limited genre and during her personal relationship with a Shaw executive Ho Guan Zhang. I think both Chin Ping and Wu Yen Ni(Jenny Hu) achievements are better than Lee Ching and Ling Po while during their time but they acted for shorter years. Cheng Pei Pei and Lily Go are bigger stars later but so is Jing Li."

Agree or disagree with this statement?

• Like 2

Ling Po wasn't exclusively playing male roles in Huangmei operas ! 

She was a big stat, who was equally skilled in playing in dramas (The younger generation, for instance), wuxias (The crimson charm, for instance), thrillers (she was excellent in Raw passions) ! 

And this article says that Li Ching wasn't as good as Chin Ping or Jenny Hu ?!

Well, I don't know who wrote this, but I'm curious to kno whow many movies of each of these actresses he/she watched. They were all famous stars in their respective categories of movies, and all were able to play in various genres of movies, except Jenny Hu, who I never saw fighting in a single movie, so, I TOTALLY disagree with the above statements...

• Like 8

It would have been nice to see Ivy do a movie with Bruce Lee, who was pictured with her in the same TVB charity event as the below photo: Operation Relief.

Had he lived long enough to star in a Shaw Brothers movie, he could have starred alongside her and maybe even Connie Chan (who strangely only did one movie during her comeback after retiring in 1970).

___1649918463_ba2e6b24_progressive.jpg

• Like 4

On 3/25/2022 at 6:42 PM, Iron_Leopard said:

Found this lone comment from last December under an article about Chin Ping passing away in 2017.

"Ling Po was famous only for acting as male in a limited genre and during her personal relationship with a Shaw executive Ho Guan Zhang. I think both Chin Ping and Wu Yen Ni(Jenny Hu) achievements are better than Lee Ching and Ling Po while during their time but they acted for shorter years. Cheng Pei Pei and Lily Go are bigger stars later but so is Jing Li."

Agree or disagree with this statement?

On 3/25/2022 at 7:04 PM, ShawAngela said:

Ling Po wasn't exclusively playing male roles in Huangmei operas ! 

She was a big stat, who was equally skilled in playing in dramas (The younger generation, for instance), wuxias (The crimson charm, for instance), thrillers (she was excellent in Raw passions) ! 

And this article says that Li Ching wasn't as good as Chin Ping or Jenny Hu ?!

Well, I don't know who wrote this, but I'm curious to kno whow many movies of each of these actresses he/she watched. They were all famous stars in their respective categories of movies, and all were able to play in various genres of movies, except Jenny Hu, who I never saw fighting in a single movie, so, I TOTALLY disagree with the above statements...

Re-reading my comment, I realize that I forgot to mention that Ling Po was an actress and singer already in 1951 in Hokkien movies under the name of XiaoJuan before playing in Shaws' movies... 

• Like 3