Is There Anything I Can Do To Get a Non-Redux Version of ASHES OF TIME released on Blu-Ray or DVD

legendarycurry

legendarycurry

Ashes Of Time is one of my favorite movies and I find the Redux version to be vastly inferior to the original version. I really want to own the original version on Blu-ray. Who do I have to talk to or convince to have this happen? I would really and I mean really like to upgrade from my current 15 year old bootleg version lol #RereleaseTheOriginalCut :)

• Like 2

legendarycurry
43 minutes ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Short of sitting down with Wong Kar-Wai & convincing him, I’d say not a whole lot.

Makes me sad :(

• Like 2

The original version is available on regular DVD at Amazon. Does it make much of a difference between Blu-Ray and the original?

• Like 2

legendarycurry

The original version DVD seems to be unavailable at this time on Amazon when I looked. It is available on Ebay but for like the equivalent of 50 dollars US which is crazy. There are quite a number of major differences between the redux Blu-ray/DVD and the "original cut" DVD. I find the original cut vastly superior Here is a rundown of the differences between the two versions ( the soundtrack was also changed and they messed with the colors) https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=2497928

Edited by legendarycurry
spelling
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, legendarycurry said:

The original version DVD seems to be unavailable at this time on Amazon when I looked. It is available on Ebay but for like the equivalent of 50 dollars US which is crazy

https://www.amazon.com/Ashes-Time-Brigitte-Lin/dp/B00000INVJ/ref=tmm_dvd_title_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1648045356&sr=8-1 

Apparently, you can get it used for 20 bucks.

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

legendarycurry
32 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

Oh wow I wish I had seen this earlier. Hopefully this will still be available by this time next month. I really appreciate you looking this up :)

• Like 2