Donnie joins the cast of SPL 2!

Guest Beat TG

Guest Beat TG

"Sha Po Lang II will be a prequel to Sha Po Lang (called "Kill Zone" in the USA) and all four leads, Donnie Yen, Sammo Hung, Simon Yam and Wu Jing, will resume their roles in the prequel, producer Paco Wong told Chinese newspaper Southern Metropolis Daily. This prequel project is not the same as Po Jun, which will also star Donnie Yen. Wong said shooting would begin right after the coming Chinese New Year early next year. He also said he would make the prequel less brutal and the fight sequences more exiting, as an effort to satisfied the mainland Chinese film administrators. The original Sha Po Lang is not allowed to be shown at mainland Chinese theaters because the Chinese censors are displeased by some brutal scenes of it. Sha Po Lang is about two cops, played by Donnie Yen and Simon Yam, fighting a ruthless crime lord, played by Sammo Hung, and a cold-blooded killer, played by Wu Jing. The prequel will dig deeper into the relationship among them."

Source: monkeypeaches.com

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chen Zhen

good news..as long as Wilson Yip is still set to direct, i'll be a happy man.

He also said he would make the prequel less brutal and the fight sequences more exiting, as an effort to satisfied the mainland Chinese film administrators.

booo! damn mainland china..

Guest Beat TG

I bet they'll create a subplot of how Donnie first became a cop, since he has nothing to do with the relationship in 1994.

good news..as long as Wilson Yip is still set to direct, i'll be a happy man.

Wilson Yip is attached to 'Po Jun' but not 'SPL 2'. I could be wrong though since that was announced last month.

Guest Chen Zhen

itll probably get into the events leading up to how he punched that guy in the face and turned him into a "half-wit". i'd be curious to see how simon yam and donnie's characters befriend each other. i always luv the idea of prequels. just hope they dont get too ambitious with it.

well if the 4 main stars of SPL reunite, and its a pretty safe bet that donnie will return to his choreographer duties, there shouldnt be any reason y Wilson Yip shouldnt return. guess we'll see.

Based on all those news I have seen, Donnie Yen is not part of SPL 2.

It's not certain if Wilson Yip would direct, many some other directors.

Guest theportlykicker

I don't mind less brutality if the fight scenes are going to be as exciting as they say they are.

ps. Beat TG = Jinmode?

Archived