Jackass Forever (2022) - Johnny Knoxville

laagi

A family reuinon with part of the family missing. When it comes to Jackass it's either love it or hate it. There's no in between.

Time flies... Literally. Their first movie came out 20 years ago! I remember first watching Jackass in the early 2000's. With no Internet, watching these guys was just outrageous. And yes me and my stupid little buddies did attempt to perform some of the stunts. :yociexp110:

Over the years not much has changed. The premise remains the same a bunch of friends get together and just hurt each other. While on the surface it sounds incredibly mean which it really is at times, there's always a sense of family when it comes to the OG. I think that's what really Jackass is all about! Basically how far are you willing to go for your buddies.

Unfortunately one important member is famously absent from the probably? last movie. Bam Margera and his family. There's plenty of rumours going around about substance abuse. Which I'd argue at one point or the other all of them had. Famously Ryan Dunn R.I.P.

Nevertheless Jackass Forever has plenty of LOL and gross-out moments. Although I will say the movie relies heavily on jokes involving the male genitals. Special mention to Ehren McGhehey the amount of punishment he's taking in here OMG. That being said one can understand why they brought in some fresh blood. I mean the guys are all close to their 50's. God knows how much longer they or especiall their body can take this.

While it is fun to watch these newbies especially Zack Holmes, one couldn't help but wonder if maybe this is just simply the end of the line. Although these new faces may appeal to a younger audience and therefore new generation of Jackass fans. I can hardly imagine them bringing the same kind of "magic" to the screen.

Overall it's a nostalgic, fun, cruel and sick trip back to simpler times! If you're into this kind of stuff I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Edited by laagi
  • Like 2

DragonClaws
11 hours ago, laagi said:

A family reuinon with part of the family missing. When it comes to Jackass it's either love or hate it. There's no in between.

Wasn't the original title Where Not Dunn Yet, in Tribute to the late Jackass cast member Ryan Dunn?. His close friend Bam Margera was even let go from the cast of the latest movie in the series. Along with a few of the other older cast members?, to be replaced by new performers.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Wasn't the original title Where Not Dunn Yet, in Tribute to the late Jackass cast member Ryan Dunn?. His close friend Bam Margera was even let go from the cast of the latest movie in the series. Along with a few of the other older cast members?, to be replaced by new performers.

That would make sense. There is a post credit scene dedicated to Dunn at the end of the movie. As for cast members being replaced. Bam was kicked out for not following guidelines of production, regarding his sobriety. I think the new members were probably an attempt to "pass the torch". Although to be honest I can't really see that working. Bam sure should have been included but looking at this now deleted IG post he seemed to be in a dark place at the time.

Edited by laagi
  • Like 2

DragonClaws
On 3/5/2022 at 2:42 AM, laagi said:

Although to be honest I can't really see that working. Bam sure should have been included but looking at this now deleted IG post he seemed to be in a dark place at the time.

He was a big reason why the series took off, MTV used a lot of Bam Margera's footage for the early Jackass T.V show's.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

He was a big reason why the series took off, MTV used a lot of Bam Margera's footage for the early Jackass T.V show's.

Just re-watching some of the old CKY stuff. It's pretty obvious a lot of the pranks and style came from those early days. So I can only agree that Bam at least deserves the credit.

• Like 2

DragonClaws
Just now, laagi said:

Just re-watching some of the old CKY stuff. It's pretty obvious a lot of the pranks and style came from those early days. So I can only agree that Bam at least deserves the credit.

I think it was the first series, where they combined Bam Margera's footage with the stuff Johnny Knoxville was doing?. Before the cast all started to work as a team. It's a long long time since I watched this show and the films.

• Like 1

Drunken Monk

I haven't seen the latest film but it's obvious Bam is in a pretty bad place at the moment. Should he have been kicked off the movie? I don't know. I like to think they gave him time to get better. Addiction is tough. But maybe he couldn't get his shit together in time. I think it's a shame a founding father of Jackass doesn't get to be part of the crew on their final outing but I suppose that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. Film studios want their movies and don't have time to wait for people to go to rehab. Even if that is a cruel way of doing things.

• Like 2

I cannot remember laughing harder in a cinema than I did during the Silence of the Lambs bit. Literally crying with laughter. Say what you will about the immaturity of the humour, after the last two years this is exactly the right film to come out. No joke is too low, from nutshots to wedgies.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1