Bullet Train (2022)

Drunken Monk

Drunken Monk

Hee's the first trailer for the new David Leitch (Deadpool 2) movie, Bullet Train. The cast for this one is insane. Brad Pitt, Joey King, Sandra Bullock, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Michael Shannon, Brian Tyree Henry, Hiroyuki Sanada, Andrew Koji, Zazie Beetz  and Joey King.

It looks like loads of fun. 

• Like 5

Really wanted to like this. Unfortunately it was trying way too hard to be Tarantino and the fight scenes are nothing we haven't seen.

• Like 3

Drunken Monk
2 hours ago, SamSeed said:

Really wanted to like this. Unfortunately it was trying way too hard to be Tarantino and the fight scenes are nothing we haven't seen.

I haven't seen a single great review of this film, so far. Most of the good ones are lukewarm at best.

• Like 1

Really funny. Definitely enjoyable. Thought itd implement even more of the neon kawaii aspect than it did. Still pretty badass. Very tarintino-esque

• Like 2

• Administrator

The trailer for this was great, and with this cast and crew of filmmakers, how could this film miss? I don't know the answer to that question, but I know this- it stinks. After a really rough week, I was so looking forward to being entertained, but instead, much to my surprise, I wound up extremely bored and disappointed.

For me, other than having a nice visual aesthetic, pretty much everything else here missed the mark. The story, characters, comedy, and action all fell flat. Regarding the "comedy" element, I chuckled a few times but never even had one good laugh the whole time. I'm a fan of Brad Pitt, and find him very funny usually, but not here. The action, especially the fights Pitt was involved in, played like third-rate imitations of Jackie Chan stuff from this past decade (not good), and no one else was much better. By about halfway in I was hoping the film would end soon, but it just went on and on and on. Then it became apparent that Hiroyuki Sanada was going to have a fight scene. Surely that would redeem this mess of a film? Nope. It was poorly executed like everything else in this movie. How come Hollywood continues to waste Sanada-san's talents? Hollywood has barely utilized him properly since he got there. Here's hoping the JOHN WICK 4 appearance will change all that.

Anyway, lots of trying to be Guy Ritchie and Quentin Tarantino throughout, and all wet squibs instead. The filmmakers obviously thought that what they were creating was too cool for school. Congrats, you flunked out.

I found a 20-second cameo was the most amusing moment in the whole thing for me. So disappointing.

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

I've thoroughly enjoyed this one. Sure the fights aren't all that spectacular and yeah there's probably more than just one plot hole. And yes, it's a lot of style over substance. But I'll be damned if I didn't have a good time with this movie!

Funny @KUNG FU BOB you'd mention Jackie Chan. Cause that's how it exactly felt to me with it's blend of action and comedy. Only I clearly felt more positive about it. The cameos you mentioned only made for extra icing on the cake.

Curious what our other brothers and sisters think about this one. For me it comes with a definite recommendation!

• Like 5

Seen this last night and while I can't say I'm disappointed, I definitely expected more. It's an enjoyable movie that offers a few good laughs, my favorite moment probably being

Spoiler

Channing Tatum's

first line in the movie, but other than the cool style and entertaining characters, there's little to appreciate here. It's not even pretentious, it's just so underwhelming as a whole that I almost felt no need to review it. 

To make things worse, the action has zero value. Sanada is wasted and Hollywood still refuses to change its ways when it comes to handling action, despite Shang Chi showing how it needs to be done. 

Fun, but largely forgettable.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Super Ninja said:

Seen this last night and while I can't say I'm disappointed, I definitely expected more. It's an enjoyable movie that offers a few good laughs, my favorite moment probably being

Spoiler

Channing Tatum's

first line in the movie, but other than the cool style and entertaining characters, there's little to appreciate here. It's not even pretentious, it's just so underwhelming as a whole that I almost felt no need to review it. 

To make things worse, the action has zero value. Sanada is wasted and Hollywood still refuses to change its ways when it comes to handling action, despite Shang Chi showing how it needs to be done. 

Fun, but largely forgettable.

Dude, no offense but surprise cameos should probably be put under a spoiler tag :laugh

• Like 2

I've tidied those posts up - spoilers concealed!

(Although I now know before seeing the film - the sacrifices I make for this forum!)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

2 hours ago, laagi said:

Dude, no offense but surprise cameos should probably be put under a spoiler tag :laugh

No offense taken, it is my fault after all. I didn't consider this to be a spoiler, I'm glad you warned me @laagi, thanks.

1 hour ago, Karlos said:

I've tidied those posts up - spoilers concealed!

(Although I now know before seeing the film - the sacrifices I make for this forum!)

My apologies @Karlos, wasn't aware I was revealing too much. I hope no harm was done before you intervened, thank you.

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Bullet Train was a birthday present from my nephews, and the first time I've been in a movie theater in 3 years.  So I enjoyed seeing it on the big screen, and had some laughs.  The soundtrack was mostly pretty good, especially Holding Out For A Hero in Japanese - sounds like some old anime giant robot theme song.  Nice to spot Masi Oka as the train conductor, and Joey King, the daughter in White House Down. I also appreciated that certain characters surprisingly survived.

• Like 4

OpiumKungFuCracker
55 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

Bullet Train was a birthday present from my nephews, and the first time I've been in a movie theater in 3 years.  So I enjoyed seeing it on the big screen, and had some laughs.  The soundtrack was mostly pretty good, especially Holding Out For A Hero in Japanese - sounds like some old anime giant robot theme song.  Nice to spot Masi Oka as the train conductor, and Joey King, the daughter in White House Down. I also appreciated that certain characters surprisingly survived.

I’m definitely interested in seeing it now. I’m the same way haven’t been to a theaters in god knows when? 

• Like 1

I thought this was a great fun movie,didn’t really know what to expect because of some reviews but was pleasantly surprised,well worth a watch👍👍👍

• Like 1