Eureka-Skinny Tiger Fatty Dragon

sym8

Question

Why is the Blu Ray I brought from Eureka so grainy on my Xbox series x.I’m not that gifted when it comes to technology so should I have to do something in the settings.I also purchased Disciples of Shaolin from 88 and that’s fine so I’m a bit confused,help would be appreciated 👍

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

TheKungFuRobber

I actually felt that the HD transfer for that was too soft, even with the grain intact.

Perhaps the problem is you have sharpness up too high thus the grain looks worse than it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheKungFuRobber said:

I actually felt that the HD transfer for that was too soft, even with the grain intact.

Perhaps the problem is you have sharpness up too high thus the grain looks worse than it is.

Thanks for the reply here’s what I’m talking about52BC67E6-3133-428D-968C-0464156F0929.thumb.jpeg.b09576d00721e17a98772b88a3d51989.jpegB724626A-9A28-4F65-A50A-F6B3D7224E4E.thumb.jpeg.1deb966ccb86f25cf6bdc75c291c0c80.jpeg

• Like 2

Killer Meteor

That's way too much TVt-enforced sharpness!

The older Shaw title have a lot of noise reduction so are not a fair comparison.

• Like 2

I’ve had to turn the sharpness to almost zero to clean it up,I’ve just watched prodigal son and there’s no problem with that or warriors two so I don’t know why I have an issue with this one,but thanks for comments👍👍

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sym8 said:

I’ve had to turn the sharpness to almost zero to clean it up,I’ve just watched prodigal son and there’s no problem with that or warriors two so I don’t know why I have an issue with this one,but thanks for comments👍👍

That's weird as my copy looks great on my OLED without any change to the settings other than turning on filmmaker mode. I have to say the best thing about this release is the tandem of Bobby Samuels and Frank Djeng doing the audio commentary, Having both fluent in Cantonese and explaining the colloquial slang and word play was awesome.

• Like 4

Maybe you must set your XBox to RGB output. On my old chinese codefree BluRay Player i had the same problem watching BluRays on my 4K LG TV. After i set the Player to RGB output it was fine.

• Like 3