What if Jimmy Wang stayed with Chang Cheh?

Django

Cheh was furious with Jimmy for leaving Shaw, and intended to make David Chiang even bigger of a star than Jimmy became with One Armed Swordsman and so on. But I can't really see what kind of movies he would use Jimmy in post the Wuxia / Basher-era. What do you think? 

Edited by Django
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Django said:

Cheh was furious with Jimmy for leaving Shaw, and intended to make David Chiang even bigger of a star than Jimmy became with One Armed Swordsman and so on. But I can't really see what kind of movies he would use Jimmy in post the Wuxia / Basher-era. What do you think? 

What was the fallout between the two about? Or was there one?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Iron_Leopard said:

What was the fallout between the two about? Or was there one?

I don't know if there was a personal conflict between the two. Just that Jimmy broke his contract. I'm guessing that he was offered more money elsewhere after the success of Chinese Boxer, and just left for Taiwan.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Django said:

Can you imagine what would have become of the movies Furious Slaughter or Iron Man or Rage of the master or Showdown and many other ones had they been directed by Chang Cheh ?!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Can you imagine what would have become of the movies Furious Slaughter or Iron Man or Rage of the master or Showdown and many other ones had they been directed by Chang Cheh ?!

Speculation. Would we ever had shaolin cycle or venom movies if jimmy had stayed at Shaws..as things are now I am OK with wang yu masterpieces at Shaws and brilliant movies CC made later..

• Like 2