The Policeman's Lineage (2022/SK) - Choi Woo Shik, Jo Jin Woong

morpheus

Special thanks to laagi for posting the trailer to this excellent film.

policeman's lineage.jpg

• Like 2

Considering the talent involved this movie ends up being a total disappointment in pretty much every aspect possible. It's a bore from start to finish. If a crime thriller takes a whooping 90! minutes for anything exciting to happen than something definitely is wrong. Also why such a simple story needs an almost 2 hour exposition is beyond me. The movie could've easily trimmed 30 minutes and unfortunately still would've ended up a snoozefest.

To be fair the actors do their best with what they're offered. It is the direction which is all over the place. Not to mention the amateurish action which on top of it is so poorly edited that one sometimes doesn't know what the heck is going on. This is even more infuriating when the movie tries to set up Choi Woo Shik's character as a seasoned martial artist. We only get a glimpse of his skills in a bathroom brawl which is also the best and only worth mentioning action scene in the entire movie.

Overall this is one of the most disappointing korean movies I've watched in a while. I have to wonder how some of the actors ended up in this!? Although Park Hee Soon seems to be one of the busiest man in the industry currently. Kudos to the one who put the trailer together because the final product is nothing like it. Hard pass!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1