The Contractor (2022) - Chris Pine, Ben Foster, Kiefer Sutherland

AlbertV

Going to theaters and then on Digital on April 1. Chris Pine plays an ex-military officer who after losing his benefits, becomes a "contractor" until he learns he is framed for murder and finds himself seeking revenge against the underground government organization who hired him,

• Like 3

Well, movies like this( Ex- Soldier, Hitman, Agent, gets wronged by someone and goes after them) are a dime a dozen at this point. But, it looks like it might be a solid attempt. Might pick it up cheap when it comes out.  

• Like 2

As @DarthKato mentioned above movies like this are a dime a dozen. However at least this is fairly enjoyable. While it's getting a lot of negative reviews online I for one thought it wasn't all that bad. Certainly better than similar movies I've recently watched.

Pine does a good job as a troubled ex-solider trying to make a living. It's really him carrying the entire thing! Bits of action here and there mostly consisting of shoot outs and some hand to hand combat. With one particular scene getting pretty bloody. Just don't go into this expecting non stop violence. It's a drama with some action.

For what it's worth I think this can justify a rental for a nice evening at home. Though not worth a visit to the cinema IMHO.

• Like 3