Is CTHD responsible for Celestrial's Shaws remasters in 2002?

Iron_Leopard

Or was this project already underway before the release of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon?

I just got to thinking perhaps the movies impact was so big that it played a big role in saving these old Shaw Brothers films and giving them the home video releases they always deserved. 

Edited by Iron_Leopard
  • Like 2

My GUESS is it was just lucky co-incidence. Can only speculate how long negotiations and restaurations took before first batch of IVLs hit stores at end of 2007. I did read years ago(if sum is incorrect and someone has better info please shed a light) licence fee was 700M dollars(HK bucks very likely but still darn hell lot money and some more) you do not make such investment rashly. Easier to produce movie to make profit than buy and restore library of movies.

• Like 2

TibetanWhiteCrane
11 minutes ago, FightingFool said:

before first batch of IVLs hit stores at end of 2007. 

What? It was 2002 the releases started coming out. So I assume negotiations and the early restoration proces predates anything to do with CTHD.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

What? It was 2002 the releases started coming out. So I assume negotiations and the early restoration proces predates anything to do with CTHD.

Typo, yes indeed end of 2002 saw light of half dozen titles..top movie Killer clans was one of them but have managed to lose slip somewhere during years..

Edited by FightingFool
  • Like 3