Why are Yang Guo and Xiaolongnu so popular?

Iron_Leopard

They along with the book seem to be the most popular of the trilogy and in martial arts live action. Return of the Condor Heroes has the most live action adaptations.

I find Guo Jing and Huang Rong the much more interesting couple. 

Even after watching this video I still don't understand why it matters so much more than any other novel or star couple.

• Like 2

I think , It's a romantic story and not at all traditional in Chinese history, because Yang Guo was adopted by Xiolongnu (older) and would become his wife thereafter.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

So I got my tax refund and went ahead bought this graphic novel set. yeah, it's expensive as hell but hey, FOMO.

Screenshot_2022-02-10 Return of the Condor Heroes Collector's Edition Boxset (English).png

Might go for the pdf; the hard backs are tempting, but every time I look at the price (w/o shipping added in mind you) I flinch.  I've got the 80's TVB on disc, but haven't been able to make the time investment.  This might be a viable option.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, khuu_2000 said:

I think , It's a romantic story and not at all traditional in Chinese history, because Yang Guo was adopted by Xiolongnu (older) and would become his wife thereafter.

I think you're right about it being more romantic focused compared to the first novel which leads it to being more profitable to adapt to tv shows since romance is the number 1 genre in Asia when it comes to tv.

The first Condor Heroes novel had romance but there were also a lot of other interesting things going on. Mainly the upbringing of Guo Jing and Yang Kang and how each character chooses to deal with what happened to their parents. 

• Like 3