Kraven the Hunter (2023) - Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Russell Crowe, Fred Hechinger, Ariana DeBose

AlbertV

Aaron-Taylor-Johnson.jpg?w=681&h=383&croKraven-the-Hunter-1.jpg

Aaron Taylor-Johnson is going from being Kick-Ass to playing the Spider-Man nemesis Kraven the Hunter in an upcoming film. Personally, I would have loved to have seen Scott Adkins take on the titular role but it is what it is now. Russell Crowe has signed on to co-star today, in a secret role. JC Chandor will be directing the film as part of Sony's Spider-Man Universe (SSU). Art Marcum & Matt Holloway and Richard Wenk have written the script with Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach serving as producers.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/aaron-taylor-johnson-kraven-the-hunter-1234982555/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

Drunken Monk

For some reason, I've always seen Chamelon as an older guy. Like, in his 40's. This kid is only 23. Not that I'm complaining. It's all about the final product.

I do think JC Chandor's an interesting choice of director. I'm excited for him to tackle this one.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

For some reason, I've always seen Chamelon as an older guy. Like, in his 40's.

Yeah, because in the comic, the man is a seasoned spy. You'd think 23 is a bit young to be seasoned.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DrNgor said:

Yeah, because in the comic, the man is a seasoned spy. You'd think 23 is a bit young to be seasoned.

It could be because they are using the angle that Chameleon is the half-brother of Kraven himself and they are using the family dynamic as part of the film. 

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

Kraven the Hunter will be R rated and in the recently shown footage at CinemaCon, he bites someone's face off. Sounds great.

The Rhino will also be in the film.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

The Rhino will also be in the film.

The real Rhino? Or Paul Giamatti in a robot suit?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrNgor said:

The real Rhino? Or Paul Giamatti in a robot suit?

I heard it is the real one as the character transforms...heard about a sick action scene where Kraven goes after 6 poachers....and from what I heard...damn!

• Like 1

legendarycurry
14 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Ok , so I know I have been the Debbie Downer shady diva that shits on all the movies in a  few threads. but... this looks like ass.

It's very: A random CGI squib action flick about an assassin that they had a script for, then somebody said " If we namedrop Spiderman it will get a lot more eyes and budget". So now instead of " Game of Killing " or whatever shit movie this was gonna be, we have "Kraven: The Hunter"

Shoutouts to that CGI lion though for giving the best performance in the entire trailer.

Drunken Monk

Personally, I think this looks kind of cool. Certainly better than the dismal Venmo movies. I think Kraven could be a really interesting character.

But once again, it feels like they’ve shown the entire film in the trailer (other than Rhino).

Has anyone ever seen Aaron Taylor-Johnson with just a regular face?

I feel every photo I've seen of the guy he's grimacing, frowning, pouting or (as in the topic photo) looks like he's in the toilet.

2 hours ago, Agent U said:

Has anyone ever seen Aaron Taylor-Johnson with just a regular face?

I feel every photo I've seen of the guy he's grimacing, frowning, pouting or (as in the topic photo) looks like he's in the toilet.

Only when he was a kid actor in Shanghai Knights

latest?cb=20200914001351

and yes, it looks as if Kraven will be the 1st R-rated film of the Sony Spider-Man Universe aka the Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters.

Technically, the 1st R-rated Marvel film would be the 1989 Punisher movie with Dolph Lundgren. Stan Lee was credited as a consultant on that film. The 2004 and 2008 Punisher movies were also rated R. 

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1