Where’s the biography of Sammo Hung?

Poelie

Having watched Eureka’s Warriors Two and The Prodigal Son I ask myself again: why won’t anybody sit down with Sammo Hung and make him, by force if necessary, talk about his life in the movie business? 
He has such an incredible career and is such an important part of Hong movies. I would absolutely love to have a book, let’s say some 1243 pages, of him reminiscing, while he’s still with us.

Pay the man whatever he wants and let him talk for 3 months. 🙂

(Same, to a lesser extent perhaps, could be said for people like Yuen Biao, Yuen Wah etc.)

Please… Someone?

• Like 8

ShaOW!linDude

I believe there was a biography about Sammo published about 20 yrs back, but it's hard to come by. I never have had any luck.

• Like 4

On 2/6/2022 at 3:51 PM, Poelie said:

Pay the man whatever he wants and let him talk for 3 months.

I read somewhere (don't remember where, my old age :laugh) that Sammo do not want to do an autobiograbhy.

• Sad 2

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
On 2/7/2022 at 12:40 PM, ShaOW!linDude said:

I believe there was a biography about Sammo published about 20 yrs back, but it's hard to come by. I never have had any luck.

Same here. :worried

On 8/29/2024 at 9:27 AM, Cheer You On said:

That book was just a compendium of Jade Screen articles/interviews.

I was happy to read @Cheer You On's post as I've always wanted the book too. I'd still love to have it, but it's certainly less of a must-have knowing this.

16 hours ago, thekfc said:

I read somewhere (don't remember where, my old age :laugh) that Sammo do not want to do an autobiograbhy.

Please, say it isn't so!!!

If he ever changed his mind it would undoubtedly be a very cleaned-up version of his story as his gambling and romantic escapades are fairly legendary. I worked with someone who worked with Sammo and he shared some crazy and often hilarious stories that I promised not to repeat (along with many heart-warming stories of great kindness and generosity). No doubt Mr. Hung wouldn't want his wife, children, and fans reading about his naughtier exploits. Still, I'd be extremely happy just to read the things Sammo would deem okay to share about his life and career.

• Like 2