12 Hours (2022/CN) - Aarif Lee

laagi

Remember Aarif Lee? Well you probably don't. If you do it's most likely for his portrayal of The Little Dragon in the unofficial biopic "Bruce Lee, My Brother". If I remember correctly it did cause a dispute between Lee's family and Shannon Lee and her enterprise. Since the movie was directed by Robert Lee (Bruce's Brother).

Anyway, why does this movie need an own topic. To be honest I stumbled across this by coincidence and was pretty sure it will be just another DTV turd made in china. However skipping thru the movie I immediately noticed that the fights sets this apart from its countelss predecorss. They're well shot, good choreography and minimal cuts. I honestly didn't expect this.

Not to mention and that's why I decided to give this its own topic Aarif Lee is a charismatic lead. Speaking of new talent or passing the torch. I'd love to see the guy in more modern action movies!

BTW, if you do sit down to watch 12 Hours eventually. You'll immediately notice how blatantly they just copied a bunch of different movies (A Quiet Place, Snake Eyes, Ghost in the Shell). It's so bad it's funny! Trailer and brief BTS below.

Edited by laagi
  • Like 2

One Armed Boxer
On 2/2/2022 at 2:55 AM, laagi said:

Not to mention and that's why I decided to give this its own topic Aarif Lee is a charismatic lead. Speaking of new talent or passing the torch. I'd love to see the guy in more modern action movies!

You can always watch him in 'Kung Fu Yoga'. :tongueout

• Like 2