Skylin3s (2020) Lindsey Morgan, Jonathan Howard, Daniel Bernhardt, Yayan Ruhian

AlbertV

Liam O'Donnell, the creator of the Skyline franchise, is returning with a third installment that will bring back Lindsey Morgan as superpowered hybrid Rose Corley and she will be joined by Daniel Bernhardt, Alexander Siddig, Rhona Mitra, and James Cosmo.

In the new film, a virus threatens to wipe out Earth, so the super-powered hybrid Rose must lead a team of elite soldiers on a mission to the aliens’ world in order to save what’s left of humanity.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/a-third-skyline-film-is-on-the-way/

• Like 2

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlbertV

• DrNgor

• whitesnake

• Super Ninja

I found a very nice poster for Skylin3s on Yayan Ruhian's Facebook page, posted November 7, 2019 - 

- along with "aka SKYLINES aka SKYLINE 3 aka BEYOND SKYLINE 2 aka THE CHRONICLES OF ROSE CORLEY coming Christmas 2020."  The IMDB page is https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9387250/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt   What I couldn't find out is if Yayan Ruhian is in the cast of this one.

• Like 2

Skylin3s is coming out next Friday. Next week, I will have a full review and an exclusive interview with Daniel Bernhardt who plays Owens in the film.

• Like 5

Liam O'Donnell took to Twitter to officially announce a fourth installment which will bring back Frank Grillo as Mark.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DrNgor said:

So, the first Skyline was an unexpected hit, despite most people agreeing that it wasn't very good. It boasted good FX--the Strausse brothers are FX artists first, directors second--and a low budget, so it didn't have to make quite as much money to clear a profit. Beyond that, it was a fairly standard alien invasion thriller with a completely out-of-left-field ending. And then we got this sequel...

Beyond Skyline feels like four or five different movies in rapid succession. If you slice it into 25-minute blocks, you'll get something completely different from the other piece. The movie starts off as a rehash of the first movie, albeit from the POV of other characters, including alcoholic policeman Mark (Frank Grillo). Then the film intersects with the crazy ending from Part 1 and becomes an "escape from the spaceship" sci-fi action movie. Then you get to the second half of the movie...For a while Beyond Skyline becomes a jungle adventure movie. Then it becomes a martial arts movie. And finally it becomes a friggin kaiju movie!

For those looking for MA action, there are three fights of note. One of them has Iko Uwais fighting some random guy. Then Uwais and Grillo go at it in the mud. That fight has a bit of shaky cam (although thankfully few quick cuts). Then Uwais and Yayan Ruhian fight alien exoskeletons: Uwais wields two-fisted daggers while Ruhian goes buck with the machete.

The film was crazy enough to entertain me, although you'll definitely ask yourself "How did we get here?" when comparing the first scene with the climax.

Did you see Skylin3s yet? This one has a sick fight between Daniel Bernhardt and Cha Lee-Yoon. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

Did you see Skylin3s yet? This one has a sick fight between Daniel Bernhardt and Cha Lee-Yoon. 

I put it in my queue this morning. Should get to it this weekend.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Agreed! Always wanted to discuss that fight as Cha Lee-Yoon seems to deliver a quadruple side kick.. can't remember I've ever seen that in movies. I've rewatched that part at least ten times trying to count the kicks and still couldn't be sure.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Super Ninja said:

Agreed! Always wanted to discuss that fight as Cha Lee-Yoon seems to deliver a quadruple side kick.. can't remember I've ever seen that in movies. I've rewatched that part at least ten times trying to count the kicks and still couldn't be sure.

I spoke to Daniel Bernhardt and he said this was the best fight he's ever done because he's always wanted to do a Hong Kong inspired fight. 

• Like 3

On 11/19/2021 at 11:10 PM, AlbertV said:

I spoke to Daniel Bernhardt and he said this was the best fight he's ever done because he's always wanted to do a Hong Kong inspired fight. 

The Matrix Reloaded wasn't enough for him?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DrNgor said:

The Matrix Reloaded wasn't enough for him?

Apparently not. Probably because the Skylin3s fight was more grounded and old school HK style from what I saw rather than wire-fu. And I have to admit, I liked this fight better than Matrix Reloaded lol

• Like 2

Okay, this was pretty good. It had nice mix of Aliens-style action and martial arts. As @AlbertV stated elsewhere, Daniel Bernhardt's big fight at the end was really good. I think the conclusion is good enough that you could have ended the franchise here as a single trilogy and that would have been fine. I don't think we need a fourth one.

• Like 2