Peacemaker (2022) HBO Max - James Gunn, John Cena

laagi

So far really enjoying this for all the wrong reasons. It's racist, sexist, ridiculous, immature and never takes itself serious for a minute. So right up my alley I guess :yociexp100:

It's a bit like watching stand up comedy. Not all of the punch lines hit but some of them are damn funny! Also if you're a fan of any infamous glam rock band you'll have a hoot and a holler.

Definitelty recommended if you're just looking for some dumb fun time!

• Like 3

I'd agree. This show has been loads of fun so far. I laughed out loud for a good five minutes watching Peacemaker try and escape an apartment complex. Great stunt work during that scene too.

I'm interested to see how things unfold and what characters pop up. Judomaster was particularly great.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Drunken Monk I thought the whole escape over the balcony was borderline funny. They're really pushing their luck with that one!

Also can we please acknowledge the soundtrack! I mean Peacemaker admittedly loves glam rock which is just hilarious. For this alone the show is a winner in my book.

Really curious if they can keep up with this pace until the end. And even more so will we see a second season? Going by the rave reviews I'd argue it's a given.

• Like 3

OpiumKungFuCracker

What a cast. Vigilante is my favorite character on the show. Dude cracks me up. I promise myself I wouldn't get into comics cause I'm not a nerd but here I am subscribing to DC comics digital service to read the complete comic run of vigilante. You bastard! :BL-Laughing:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@OpiumKungFuCracker Not to spoil your fun but from what I've read Vigilante isn't anything like that in the comics. Reminds me a lot of Deadpool to be honest. But yeah I agree he's f*cking hilarious!

As for the latest episode while still a lot of fun I thought it was the weakest so far. Curious how it will all play out. Apparently the show is one of the most successful streaming series at the moment.

• Like 3

OpiumKungFuCracker
5 hours ago, laagi said:

@OpiumKungFuCracker Not to spoil your fun but from what I've read Vigilante isn't anything like that in the comics. Reminds me a lot of Deadpool to be honest. But yeah I agree he's f*cking hilarious!

As for the latest episode while still a lot of fun I thought it was the weakest so far. Curious how it will all play out. Apparently the show is one of the most successful streaming series at the moment.

Definitely getting Deadpool vibes from him. Cena cracks me up as well. Did any of you guys get Slither vibes from the James Gunn directed episodes? I hope the guy does more shows like this. It’s so fun! 

• Like 2

On 1/31/2022 at 7:21 PM, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Definitely getting Deadpool vibes from him. Cena cracks me up as well. Did any of you guys get Slither vibes from the James Gunn directed episodes? I hope the guy does more shows like this. It’s so fun! 

James Gunn has another DC show in the works after Peacemaker (and after he’s wrapped on Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3). He hasn’t revealed much about it other than it has a connection  to The Suicide Squad.

• Like 3