Jet Li's worst movies

DiP

11 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I will not tolerate any Black Mask blasphemy. Mods! Ban these people!

Haha yeah, I'm a bit surprised considering its' popularity. Lovely movie.

10 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

Huge fan of jet pre lethal weapon 4 then it went to shit. 

You didn't enjoy Unleashed and Fearless?

• Like 2

One Armed Boxer
4 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

How is The Warlords? It's one of the few Jet Li films I haven't seen.

It's a solid watch, a re-make of Chang Cheh's 1973 Shaw Brothers flick 'Blood Brothers', with Jet Li in Ti Lung's role. It's very much in the same vein as the battlefield epic trend that was popular in Chinese cinema during the late 00's - early 10's, so should be approached with that in mind rather than it being a kung-fu flick.

Some more opinions in the dedicated thread - 

& speaking of @DiP's Jet Li fixation :tongueout - 

• Like 4

sifu iron perm
4 hours ago, DiP said:

Haha yeah, I'm a bit surprised considering its' popularity. Lovely movie.

You didn't enjoy Unleashed and Fearless?

Oh my bad, i forgot about Fearless, it was cool and had some decent fight scenes. Kiss of the dragon was cool too.

• Like 3

On 1/19/2022 at 7:48 AM, Drunken Monk said:

How is The Warlords? It's one of the few Jet Li films I haven't seen.

ban-banned.gif

22 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

It's a solid watch, a re-make of Chang Cheh's 1973 Shaw Brothers flick 'Blood Brothers', with Jet Li in Ti Lung's role. It's very much in the same vein as the battlefield epic trend that was popular in Chinese cinema during the late 00's - early 10's, so should be approached with that in mind rather than it being a kung-fu flick.

I'd argue that it's one of Li's best dramatic performances. Definitely not a Kung Fu flick but a highly recommended war drama. There's one scene in particular that really stuck with me over the years! Not to mention Andy Lau and Takeshi Kaneshiro as part of a great ensemble. @Drunken Monk watch it and I'll consider Black Mask as well :tongueout

• Like 4

I'm a huge fan of Jet Li, so I've enjoyed almost every movie I've seen him in.  Of of the Jet Li films I've seen, I think The Mummy 3(2008) is the only one that I would consider bad. I also didn't really like Hero(2002) all that much, but that is due to not being a big fan wuxia movies(But I wouldn't classify it as "bad"). Oh, I also heard Forbidden Kingdom was pretty bad, but I haven't seen it yet. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DarthKato said:

Oh, I also heard Forbidden Kingdom was pretty bad, but I haven't seen it yet. 

Both Jet and Jackie get to have their own fight scenes, some of which are good, aside their legendary one-on-one scene. But let's just say that the material they had to work on had alot to be desired, especially when these guys have done serious characters and stories.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

I didn't see anyone mention The Master, so I must be in the minority because I thought that movie was putrid.

:devil

It's one of my favorites  !

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

It's one of my favorites  !

There is enough wireless wushu on display that I'll forgive the shortcomings in the non-Asians' acting.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, DiP said:

Both Jet and Jackie get to have their own fight scenes, some of which are good, aside their legendary one-on-one scene. But let's just say that the material they had to work on had alot to be desired, especially when these guys have done serious characters and stories.

Yeah, that's what I heard. Shame that a movie with so much talent had to have such a crappy production team. 

• Like 2

For me Kung fu cult master,Dr Wai and Romeo Must Die,especially the last one.I felt it was a wasted opportunity spoilt by the wires.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

I didn't see anyone mention The Master, so I must be in the minority because I thought that movie was putrid.

I’d completely forgotten about this movie. It’s dismal. Easily one of Jet’s worst.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

Swordsman II bored me to death. I'd  rather watch a Jimmy Wang Yu movie.

Yeah, it's certainly his most overrated movie.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

Swordsman II bored me to death. I'd  rather watch a Jimmy Wang Yu movie.

Ah, yes, I forgot to mention this one !

• Like 2

KF Cult Master, The master, Hitman&New legend are worst. OUATIC III is bad to some degree. Have feeling did not like Black Mask but it`s been so long time since saw it not sure if memory serves correct. Kids is not great(too much comedy) but action is superb and chinese locations incredibe so can`t put it among worst. Fearless is his last asian movie have seen..Probably FSY1&2, High Risk and born to defence were not that impressive either as have gotten rid of dvds:thinking

Love Last hero in China.

• Like 2

On 1/20/2022 at 3:57 AM, DiP said:

I think I've actually watched that in cinemas back in the Philippines. Good time!

As for the movie the biggest crime it commited was take two Martial Arts superstars and put them in the shadow of some white guy (no offence). Nothing stuck with me. It was all mediocre at best.

One thing I do remember though was Jet Li as

Spoiler

The Monkey King aka Sun Wukong.

From Wikipedia:

Angarano did not study martial arts before The Forbidden Kingdom. Once cast he studied in China for eight hours a day for two weeks with action choreographer Woo-Ping Yuen. Over the seven months of shooting his skills and confidence grew. Angarano's fight scenes were filmed during the last 35 days of shooting.

• Like 1