DOA:DEAD OR ALIVE -THE MOVIE

Guest Kwok Choi

Guest Kwok Choi

I have just finished previewing this movie but I don't know when it will be released in the UK or if it has already opened in The States.

It is based on the popular Techmo video game of the same title which I didn't know anything about till today.Directed by Corey Yuen, this is a MEGA kick ass bad ass muther of a Matrix,Charley's Angels,Hero,House Of Flying Daggers etc etc with supersexy scantily clad femme fatales, super slick innovative CGI wire-fu action of a Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter craze.

This is a pure popcorn movie but I can't tell if fans of the game would appreciate whether it delivers or not.I am not a fan of CGI wire-fu but because this was based on a game in a world where almost anything is possible,I suspended my disbelief ,went along with the ride and completely enjoyed the cartoonish action,pace,(forget about script,plot,story,acting,dialougue,character development etc etc) which was great fun with good production values.It might find it's audience,who knows? but if a sly middle-aged bastard like me can sit up and say hey!wait a minute!..........well you never know.Check it out.

www.joblo.com/index.php?id=12448

games.kikizo.com/news/200511/121.asp

Type in Doa The Movie in the google search box on the link below to view more images.

media.mysan.de/index.php?...=427&page1

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chen Zhen

? what happened to my post?

im excited to see it. im a big fan of the DOA games and im a big fan of Yuen Kwai, so i'll expect it to be at the least, a fun movie.

Guest jmungus

Y-E-S :smokin

BABE-A-LICIOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(sorry, just cant help the capital letters :lol )

med_1146371291-42715.jpg

med_1146371291-4271.jpg

med_1146371291-4273.jpg

kasumi gets the crown no doubt (she rocked hard in the brilliant sin city too & will be co-starring in rogue, alongside jet and jason statham. that girl`s going places.).

jaime pressly is in this too, huh ?! didnt know that prior to these pics. if shes gonna bite the dust, earl can cross her off his list for good :b

im looking forward to this as well :\ duh! :rolleyes

glad u didnt condemn this being a total stinker. so theres hope. hope is good. i like hope :D

Guest Yi Long

The movie looks horrible from what i can tell from the screenshots and casting. I know the game quite well and it's not really all that over the top...

It would have been much better if this was done with asian actors actually playing the asian parts, I think... plus without them using the silly costumes...

However, as the topicstarted mentioned, it's a popcorn flick, and might be entertaining.

Guest theportlykicker
It would have been much better if this was done with asian actors actually playing the asian parts,

Yeah, I think pretty much all of the casting choices were terrible.

Guest limubai2000

OMG = decent looking white chicks doing kung fu in tight outifts... I'm there opening night!

Devon Aoki (in the first photo) is half asian.

I have no clue why half the girls aren't asian and why Michelle Yeoh or Zhang Ziyi is not in it!!! Dang.

:P

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Looks terrible, but Ill give it a chance since it is Yuen Kwai. Nice cowboy hat. oohh this looks bad!! But if its anything like either of the Charlie's Angels films Id rather cram a fork in my eye than watch it. But we all know video game movie adaptions are almost never any good at all.

Guest Liu chung liang
The movie looks horrible from what i can tell from the screenshots and casting.

:rollin

oohh this looks bad!! But if its anything like either of the Charlie's Angels films Id rather cram a fork in my eye than watch it.

:rollin

I'm not looking forward to it, but if Yuen Kwai can make Shu Qi, Vicky Zhao Wei, and Karen Mok look good in So Close, then maybe DOA the movie might have a chance, as long as they stay true to the game.

uhh... I think Corey Yuen never played a video game in his life. So I'm not expecting 2 much. >D

Guest Chen Zhen
uhh... I think Corey Yuen never played a video game in his life.

uhh, Rise to Honor?

obviously its going to be a bad 'movie'. that goes without say. the only issue at hand is whether Yuen Kwai will come through and show some cool action. as far as action quality..im expecting somethin along the lines of So Close, which i did enjoy.

Guest limubai2000
But if its anything like either of the Charlie's Angels films Id rather cram a fork in my eye than watch it.

Wow dude, that's harsh. I thought the first film was alot of fun, not a old school or new wave film by any means, but considering what it was, it was damn well done. Now the 2nd one... that totally sucked.

Guest MissScarlett01
I have no clue why half the girls aren't asian and why Michelle Yeoh or Zhang Ziyi is not in it!!! Dang.

Because Michelle Yeoh or Zhang Ziyi have recognized names and actors with recognized names get paid accordingly. :rolleyes

Guest Kwok Choi

Patience guys patience.I thought the same when I put on the 1st reel thinking here we go again;another video game adaptation mess but believe me and I think I have seen a lot of action films,this one especially from a Hollywood studio, is really remarkable if you can suspend your disbelief.The action is really awesome.It won't dissapoint in that regard.Both Charlie's Angels combined bite the dust in comparison

Guest The Running Man

Just want to bump in here and say I have no idea what all this crap about it being horrible is about. Some of those spots in the trailer look like classic Cory Yuen goodness and things that had they been in a HK film, people would actually see it instead of all the venom spewing on the film instead.

One part I thought was clever was the girl catching her bra, and the gun, holding up the man, asking him to fasten it, then taking him out. I could totally see that in any HK film, but instead it's seems like one person just had to say it was crap and so does the crowd follow.

Guest limubai2000
I'm there opening night!

I think my opinion was well voiced in support of the film!

I just don't expect alot out of it so I won't be disappointed, I only look for a fun 1 hr 30 mins with little aftertaste.

:P

Guest Chen Zhen

same here...just cuz my expectations are low for DOA as a 'film'..doesnt mean im not expecting to be entertained. i bet good ol Corey Yuen comes through with some quality femme fatale action that hes been specializing in since Yes, Madam!...he seems to have an interest in chix fighting :b

Guest DragonMa55

I think Corey generally excels at this kind of film, cheescake and kung-fu. I think Charlie's Angels used way too much wirework to cover up the lack of skills in the lead actresses, I know they weren't martial artists but the use of wirework in that movie was just ridiculous.

That said, I'm no fan of Holly Vallance or Jaime Pressly but I think this type of movie is perfect for Corey Yuen.

Guest Chen Zhen

the first Charlie's Angel movie wasnt too too bad....Yuen Cheung Yan did a solid job on that one i felt...the 2nd one, he really dropped the ball...

Guest DragonMa55

I guess I'm just sore because my dream of getting Yukari, Moon and Cynthia Rothrock together for a charlie's angels type film is getting less and less likely.:P

Archived