POLL - Best Fight - THE NIGHT COMES FOR US (2018)

DrNgor

What is the Best Fight?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What is the Best Fight of THE NIGHT COMES FOR US (2018)?

• The Meat Locker Fight
    • Joe Taslim fights goons at the old hideout
    • Julie Estelle vs. Lesbian Assassins
    • Joe Taslim vs. Iko Uwais

TibetanWhiteCrane

The obvious choice is of course the finale. And that's probably what I would have picked even just ten years ago. But on my last revisit, I really enjoyed the JC/LKL interactions more. Just watching them match skills and trade moves is astounding. So I'm going with that.

• Like 2

The results for Drunken Master 2 are:

1. Climax at the Foundry - 81.82%
2. Jackie Chan vs. Lau Kar-Leung - 9.09%
    The Teahouse fight - 9.09%

• Like 1

This week, Undisputed III: Redemption (2010):

Scott Adkins vs. Lateef Crowder

Scott Adkins vs. Marko Zaror

• Like 1

ShaOW!linDude

Adkins vs Zaror. That fight was an instant classic. Both screen fighters get to shine.

• Like 1

J.J. Hayden

Have to go with Adkins vs Crowder. The other fight is decent but I feel it has some pacing issues. There's also the fact that there's a lot more acrobatics in the their fight, which I feel makes for a much more entertaining display.

• Like 1

Drunken Monk

I went for the Adkins/Crowder fight. While both fights are solid, I think Crowder truly gets a chance to shine in their showdown. His Capoeira really looks great.

With that said, I’m not the biggest Undisputed franchise fan anymore. Their novelty has worn off for me.

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer
On 6/4/2022 at 11:43 AM, Drunken Monk said:

I went for the Adkins/Crowder fight. While both fights are solid, I think Crowder truly gets a chance to shine in their showdown. His Capoeira really looks great.

Me too, as much as I enjoy the Adkins vs Zaror fight, the fight with Crowder is possibly the only time I've felt like capoeira has really been portrayed as a legitimately dangerous martial art onscreen. Great rhythm to the fight as well, a shame Adkins doesn't get the same amount of time to film fight scenes these days as he did 12 years ago, as you can really see the time and effort onscreen in every fight from 'Undisputed 3'.

• Like 1

ShaOW!linDude
On 6/5/2022 at 2:47 AM, One Armed Boxer said:

. . .a shame Adkins doesn't get the same amount of time to film fight scenes these days as he did 12 years ago, as you can really see the time and effort onscreen in every fight from 'Undisputed 3'.

I think that has more to do with the fact that his films are taking on more of a standard action format. They're not strictly MA or at least heavily MA based like his early movies.

• Like 1

So, this week we have a tie for Undisputed 3: Redemption:

1. Scott Adkins vs. Lateef Crowder - 50%
    Scott Adkins vs. Marko Zaror - 50%

• Like 1

This week: The Raid: Redemption (2011)

Floor 7: Baton-and-Knife Fight

Floor 8: Machete Fight

Floor 15: Drug Lab Fight

Final Two-on-One

• Like 1

ShaOW!linDude

This is such a hard call. Ultimately, I went with the finale. Yayan Ruhian is in freakin' beast mode. One of the best 2 vs 1 fights put to film.

• Like 1

Drunken Monk

The finale gets it for me. It may be the greatest modern fight scene. It's head and shoulders above most action sequences.

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer

Has to be the Floor 7 fight. I still remember watching 'The Raid' in the cinema and when this scene hit, it was like "holy shit, this isn't what I was expecting as a follow-up to 'Merantau'!".  It was just a jaw on the floor moment of action cinema joy.  For pure visceral impact and where it arrives in the context of the overall runtime, it's a masterful sequence I'll never get tired of.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2022 at 8:29 AM, One Armed Boxer said:

Has to be the Floor 7 fight. I still remember watching 'The Raid' in the cinema and when this scene hit, it was like "holy shit, this isn't what I was expecting as a follow-up to 'Merantau'!".  It was just a jaw on the floor moment of action cinema joy.  For pure visceral impact and where it arrives in the context of the overall runtime, it's a masterful sequence I'll never get tired of.

Yeah, this more or less sums up my thoughts, too. Thank you for articulating what I couldn't take the time out to do.

• Like 1

The results for The Raid: Redemption are:

1. Iko Uwais and Donny Alamsyah vs. Yayan Ruhian - 60%

2. (tie) Floor 7: The baton-and-knife fight - 20%
           Floor 15: Drug Lab fight - 20%

4. Floor 8: Machete fight - 0%

• Like 1

This week...One Armed Boxer (1972) - 

Dojo vs. International Fighters

Jimmy Wang Yu vs. International Fighters

• Like 1

I went for the dojo sequence. There was more variation: three-section staff, kwan do, judo and the world's only no-kicking tae kwon do master.

• Like 2