POLL - Best Fight - THE NIGHT COMES FOR US (2018)

DrNgor

What is the Best Fight?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What is the Best Fight of THE NIGHT COMES FOR US (2018)?

• The Meat Locker Fight
    • Joe Taslim fights goons at the old hideout
    • Julie Estelle vs. Lesbian Assassins
    • Joe Taslim vs. Iko Uwais

This week: Ninja: Shadow of a Tear (2013).

Bar fight

Scott Adams vs. Tim Man

Scott Adkins vs. Shun Sugata

Scott Adkins vs. Kane Kosugi

• Like 3

J.J. Hayden
30 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

Ninja: Shadow of a Tear (2013)

It's a tough one, I thought all those fights were very good especially for a modern none HK action team. Although Tim Man did a good job there's still a few issues with the choreography.

Although I'm happy to see the clash between two of the best kickers out there, I feel it's nowhere near as good as it could've been. I've seen what these two can do, maybe it was too difficult to shoot their best stuff or get react to them etc.

Too me, the best fight is the final confrontation between Scott Adkins and Kane Kosugi, the hand to hand section was brilliant, the weapons less so, but overall it was great. A bonus is seeing Kane go from a cute kung-fu kid to a full on action star, wish there was more cases like this.

• Like 2

ShaOW!linDude

SA vs KK. That fight is a classic, and we just don't get those anymore. This is a hard call because I love the outdoor bar fight. It's so fluid and brutal, but devastating finale between Adkins & Kosugi is just fantastic.

• Like 3

Drunken Monk

If you would have asked me a few years ago, I would have said Scott Adkins versus Tim Man but nowadays I prefer Adkins versus Kane Kosugi. I know it's childish but I kind of hate that Adkins is doubled in his fight against Man (he was injured). While I still appreciate the choreography, a part of me wants it to be Adkins.

Adkins versus Kosugi has it all: weapons, straight exchanges, big moves, environmental damage... As far as western martial arts films go, it's one for the ages.

• Like 4

And the results for Ninja: Shadow of a Tear are: 

1. Scott Adkins vs. Kane Kosugi - 85.71%
2. Scott Adkins vs. Tim Man - 14.29%
3. Scott Adkins vs. Shun Sugata/Outdoor Bar Fight - 0%

• Like 4

This week: Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Stars (1985).

The Warehouse Fight

Final Fights

• Like 3

J.J. Hayden
32 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

This week: Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Stars (1985)

Gotta go with the warehouse fight. Although the end scene has it's moments (one being Kurata Yasuaki's Sai-work), I think the other fight scene is much more entertaining with Andy Lau actually busting a move or two and it has that beautifully fluid acrobatic kicking sequence from Yuen Biao, you all know the one.

• Like 2

Easy one for me.Has to be the warehouse fight.Multiple goons,Jackie vs Dick Wei,Andy Lau throwing down and Yuen Biao with that kicking combination.Great stuff

• Like 2

ShaOW!linDude

Warehouse fight. It has so many neat segments of choreography, the highlight of which is Biao's kick. That's a hard call to make against Sammo vs Norton and then Sammo using tennis rackets against Kurata's sai, and smashing them upside his head.

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

I hate to be that guy but I much prefer the final fights. It’s basically the Sammo Show and features some of my favorite work by him. Both the tennis racket fight and the fight against Norton are truly iconic. The comedy combined with the action is a perfect example of Sammo’s strengths.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I hate to be that guy but I much prefer the final fights.

No need to worry about being that guy in this thread. If everybody voted for the same fight, there'd be no real point to the poll itself! :)

• Like 3

Omni Dragon

It's painful trying to choose between them, but still, I think I'll vote for the final fights since the warehouse fight already seems to have a majority.

vlcsnap-2022-05-08-20h06m48s314.png.e9ee6c4be745daad51e5a037f73d6890.png

• Like 2

And the results of Twinkle, Twinkle Lucky Stars (1985) are:

1. Warehouse Fight - 60%
2. Final Fights - 40%

• Like 3

This week: Tiger Cage 2 (1990).

David Wu vs. Robin Shou

Donnie Yen vs. John Salvitti

Donnie Yen vs. Michael Woods

• Like 4

J.J. Hayden

A very tough one, all three are great. The first fight really shows what a talented martial artist Robin Shou was. If only Hollywood had the wisdom back then to hire Hong Kong action directors and give them control, just think how great Robin's US films could've been. Although it's a great fight it doesn't compare to the other two.

These are two of my favourite fights of all time, Donnie, John and Michael are on top form and although I think the action is equally awesome, I think the atmosphere of the sword duel gives it the edge, it's everything Highlander could've been.

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

Donnie vs Michael Woods is the best in my eyes. Great gimmick (hands chained up), pure boot work from Donnie and some crazy wrestling moves from Woods. It's short, brutal and to the point. I'd prefer if it was a little bit longer but that's a small complaint. It's awesome.

• Like 2

The sword fight has the better choreography. The Michael Woods fight has the flashier moves. But I find myself drawn to the unrestrained brutality of the David Wu/Robin Shou fight. 

• Like 3

The Micheal Woods fight for me mainly because for a big guy Woods moves well but haven’t seen this one in many a year so will have to watch again to refresh

• Like 2

One Armed Boxer
On 5/11/2022 at 1:11 AM, DrNgor said:

But I find myself drawn to the unrestrained brutality of the David Wu/Robin Shou fight. 

Same for me, this exchange typifies everything I love about the late 80's/early 90's kickboxing style choreography that became the go-to for contemporary HK triad flicks, and here it's one of the genres stellar examples. Brutal, hard hitting, and intense. Part of the reason why I consider 'Tiger Cage 3' my favourite of the trilogy is that it's full of these types of exchanges.

• Like 1