POLL - Best Fight - THE NIGHT COMES FOR US (2018)

DrNgor

What is the Best Fight?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What is the Best Fight of THE NIGHT COMES FOR US (2018)?

• The Meat Locker Fight
    • Joe Taslim fights goons at the old hideout
    • Julie Estelle vs. Lesbian Assassins
    • Joe Taslim vs. Iko Uwais

Just now, legendarycurry said:

though I find the finally with Nathan Jones somewhat disappointing,

I like the gimmick, but the execution is a little lacking.

• Like 3

Drunken Monk

I voted for the “bone breaker” fight. I think The Protector doesn’t hold up to scrutiny and a lot of fights are flawed but I’ve always like the bone breaking gimmick even if it is questionably executed at times.

• Like 3

J.J. Hayden
On 4/8/2022 at 4:39 PM, Drunken Monk said:

I think The Protector doesn’t hold up to scrutiny and a lot of fights are flawed

I agree with @Drunken Monk and others who said similar things, I though the fights in Warrior King (just to throw the UK version in there too, lol) were rather lacklustre, some great stunts but for the most part the MA was pretty boring. The temple fight with Crowder was great and the one with Foo was decent, but apart from than, it was mostly...meh.

• Like 2

FightingFool

I voted for take on restaurant but best fights were not available for voting. Capoeira and Wu Shu on burning area?

Edited by FightingFool
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, FightingFool said:

I voted for take on restaurant but best fights were not available for voting. Capoeira and Wu Shu on burning area?

Sorry, I didn't realize that sequence was so beloved. 

• Like 2

FightingFool
3 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

Sorry, I didn't realize that sequence was so beloved. 

I am not sure are they...it is just opinion.

• Like 2

And the results for Tom Yung Goong are:

1. The one-take restaurant fight - 54.55%
2. The "bone-breaker" group fight - 45.45%
3. Tony Jaa vs. Nathan Jones and the "big bruisers" - 0%

• Like 2

This week will be...Duel to the Death (1983)!

Damian Lau and Norman Tsui vs. Ninjas

Damian Lau vs. Norman Tsui

• Like 5

Drunken Monk

I love Duel to the Death and feel that the last fight scene is one of the best and most epic fight scenes of all time. However, the ninja fight scene I find a lot more entertaining. So many great moments. So I voted for that one.

• Like 3

Super Ninja

Finale for me. Not only is it the most memorable fight scene in the movie and an epic finish worthy of one of the most amazing movies ever made, it's also one of the most iconic final fights in HK cinema and beyond. 

• Like 3

Gotta be the big fight against the ninjas.  There's a moment in there that's only a few seconds long, but has more energy and creativity than many other movies in their entirety.

Spoiler

Miyamoto slashes a Ninja in half, vertically.  Or - was it a decoy/dummy?  In any event, another ninja attempts to stab him through the bisected remains of his comrade/decoy.  Miyamoto gets the killing blow in first - only for the ninja to explode, propelling the samurai onto the forest floor.  Without any hesitation, he plunges his katana into the ground, resulting in a spray of blood from below - having intercepted a subterranean shinobi, having predicted his position, somehow.

What an absolute masterpiece, there is no wrong answer.

• Like 3

The results for Duel to the Death are:

1. The Ninja Fight - 77.78%
2. Damian Lau vs. Norman Tsui - 22.22%

• Like 2

This week will be: Fist of Fury (1972):

The Dojo Fight:

Bruce Lee vs. Fung Ngai, Robert Bakker and Riki Hashimoto

• Like 3

J.J. Hayden

The final fights are great, but I think the Dojo scene may be one of the most icon in Martial Arts movie (and possibly even film in general) history, and justly so. It's a masterclass in how to film an action scene from the moment he walks in with his signboard till the moment he leaves declaring "We are not sick men.", yes it has it's flaws, such as the dummies etc., but even John Carpenter's The Thing has it's issues but is still a masterpiece.

Personal reasons come into it as well, as in the UK nunchaku were banned onscreen, so until the HKL DVD release when I was about 10, I was always tormented by the fact that I could see the weapon on the floor and thought that I would never get to see him use them. HKL was such a blessing.

• Like 3

Voted for the final fights. I think years of remakes and reduxes have taken away some of the power of the dojo fight, but I agree that it's iconic.

• Like 2