POLL - Best Fight - THE NIGHT COMES FOR US (2018)

DrNgor

What is the Best Fight?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What is the Best Fight of THE NIGHT COMES FOR US (2018)?

• The Meat Locker Fight
    • Joe Taslim fights goons at the old hideout
    • Julie Estelle vs. Lesbian Assassins
    • Joe Taslim vs. Iko Uwais

ShaOW!linDude

Lam Ching Ying vs Frankie Chan - that fight is so good and intricate. I love the finale of Biao vs Frankie, but it seems more stunt fall driven. Not a bad thing as far as I'm concerned. I think the reluctance of LCY's character to engage in combat as opposed to Biao's character wanting revenge is what makes the former the better fight.

• Like 2

legendarycurry
4 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I’m not sure there’s a specific reason. I just don’t think it’s as good as most people do. It’s probably the single most overrated Shaw Brothers film in my opinion.

Now, I’m not saying it’s terrible. I’m just saying I don’t love it all that much. For example, the final fight does nothing for me. I’m in the minority, I know. 

Giving you a thumbs up for speaking your truth and being brave. I love Eight Diagram Pole Fighter but I respect your opinion.

• Like 4

Difficult one to pick,but I choose Lam Ching Ying vs Frankie Chan.I felt it had more of a rhythm to it and more traditional.The finales great but a little short and stop start for me

• Like 2

8DiagramAuntieFighter

Lam Ching Ying & Frankie for me. Oh my lord! Can’t tell you how much I love this movie! 

• Like 2

8DiagramAuntieFighter
16 hours ago, legendarycurry said:

Giving you a thumbs up for speaking your truth and being brave. I love Eight Diagram Pole Fighter but I respect your opinion.

I have to give props to the honesty as well.  A true hot take. It’s almost the equivalent of being a Wu-Tang Clan fan, but not being fond of Liquid Swords. Respect. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, 8DiagramAuntieFighter said:

It’s almost the equivalent of being a Wu-Tang Clan fan, but not being fond of Liquid Swords.

Do these people exist? Who and where are they? I'll break'em down to the bone bristle, ill speakin' scud missile, heat seekin', Johnny Blazin'!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8DiagramAuntieFighter
10 hours ago, DrNgor said:

Do these people exist? Who and where are they? I'll break'em down to the bone bristle, ill speakin' scud missile, heat seekin', Johnny Blazin'!!!

It ain't hard to see, my seeds need God-degree
I got mouths to feed, unnecessary beef is more cows to breed

• Like 2

And the results are:

1. Lam Ching-Ying vs. Frankie Chan - 71.43%
2. Yuen Biao vs. Frankie Chan - 28.57%

• Like 2

This week: Righting Wrongs (1986)

Yuen Biao vs. Peter Cunningham

Cynthia Rothrock vs Karen Sheperd

Yuen Biao vs. Melvin Wong

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

This one is the toughest one so far. Yuen Biao vs Melvin Wong is the longest fight so has a leg up on the rest of them. But, I think my favourite is actually Cynthia Rothrock vs Karen Sheperd. But that fight has a problem because it's chockful of doubles. Despite that, I'm sticking with it as my favourite.

• Like 3

legendarycurry
26 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

This one is the toughest one so far. Yuen Biao vs Melvin Wong is the longest fight so has a leg up on the rest of them. But, I think my favourite is actually Cynthia Rothrock vs Karen Sheperd. But that fight has a problem because it's chockful of doubles. Despite that, I'm sticking with it as my favourite.

I agree it's a tough choice, but don't worry about picking a fight with doubling as  basically all of Righting Wrongs is filled with doubling. I had a blast putting together a doubling compilation for it years ago that I put on youtube that is now lost :(

• Like 4

Very difficult,I love the finale not just for Yuen Biao but also from when Rothrock throws down in the hanger but since it’s just Biao vs Wong I’m gonna choose that one

• Like 2

Omni Dragon
1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

53 minutes ago, legendarycurry said:

I agree it's a tough choice, but don't worry about picking a fight with doubling as  basically all of Righting Wrongs is filled with doubling. I had a blast putting together a doubling compilation for it years ago that I put on youtube that is now lost :(

I don't think Righting Wrongs necessarily has more doubling than a lot of similar/comparable action movies, but still it's oddly more obvious. It really confuses me how and why it so much more obvious than usual? Somehow similar HK action movies (often with the same people from the cast and crew) aren't so obvious? I know that men doubling for women is part of what makes it more obvious, but still I can't figure out why stunt doubles are facing the camera so much. In other word I'm confuse as to why the doubling is so obvious especially when considering who is behind Righting Wrongs?

• Like 2

legendarycurry
1 hour ago, Omni Dragon said:

I don't think Righting Wrongs necessarily has more doubling than a lot of similar/comparable action movies, but still it's oddly more obvious. It really confuses me how and why it so much more obvious than usual? Somehow similar HK action movies (often with the same people from the cast and crew) aren't so obvious? I know that men doubling for women is part of what makes it more obvious, but still I can't figure out why stunt doubles are facing the camera so much. In other word I'm confuse as to why the doubling is so obvious especially when considering who is behind Righting Wrongs?

Yeah it doesn't have more doubling than say Dragons Forever but except for a couple shots in that one ( including the infamous kick by Chin Kar Lok) it is fairly well hidden in comparison to Righting Wrongs. I don't think anything can beat Thunderbolt in terms of hiding doubling well since there are still Jackie fans that have seen that one and insist on him never having used doubles :D

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I thought that while the Melvin Wong fight has the all-time classic whirlwind kick, the Peter Cunningham fight was better start to finish.

Last call for votes!

• Like 2

And the results for Righting Wrongs are:

1. Yuen Biao vs. Melvin Wong - 40%
2. Yuen Biao vs. Peter Cunningham - 30%
    Cynthia Rothrock vs. Karen Sheperd - 30%

• Like 2

This week: Tom Yung Goong (2005).

The one-take fight:

The Bone Breaker Fight:

The Final Fight with Nathan Jones and Big Bruisers

• Like 2

ShaOW!linDude

Bone breaker fight. Jaa vs a buttload of henchmen and it sounds like celery stalks snapping. Concise, vicious takedowns, and instead of everyone standing around, opponents are funneled in by groups. Great flow to the choreography.

• Like 2

The one take for me,it’s been a while since I’ve seen this movie but that sequence I still remember more than the others,well put together and some painful hits and falls

• Like 2

I went for the Bone Breaker Fight. The One Take fight was an excellent gimmick executed flawlessly, but I preferred watching Tony Jaa out-Seagal Steven Seagal for four minutes. The final fight was far too one-sided for my tastes.

• Like 3

One Armed Boxer

Man, this one is tough between the one-take and the bone breaker fights. Does the one-take include his one on one face off against Johnny Tri Nguyen?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Does the one-take include his one on one face off against Johnny Tri Nguyen?

Sure, although that throwdown isn't done in a single take. ;)

• Like 3

legendarycurry

I voted for the one take fight. I enjoy them all, though I find the finally with Nathan Jones somewhat disappointing,

• Like 3