POLL - Best Fight - THE NIGHT COMES FOR US (2018)

DrNgor

What is the Best Fight?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What is the Best Fight of THE NIGHT COMES FOR US (2018)?

• The Meat Locker Fight
    • Joe Taslim fights goons at the old hideout
    • Julie Estelle vs. Lesbian Assassins
    • Joe Taslim vs. Iko Uwais

Whenever I see the playground fight scene, I'm reminded of something that Bey Logan wrote in his Bruce Lee book. Bey's wife asked Fan Mei-Sheng how Bruce died, and what he said compelled Bey enough to write the following in Bruce Lee and I: "On the night of his demise, Lee had been lured to a small children's playground on Tak Hing Street under the pretext of meeting Ting Pei. Once there, Lee was set up by metal pole wielding thugs, and was felled by a fatal blow to the back of the head."

Edited by Cognoscente
  • Like 3

I voted for 'The Playground Fight'. I didn't need much time to contemplate it this week.

• Like 2

ShaOW!linDude

For Police Story 2, the playground fight stands out to me as the best in the movie. I like the finale at the fireworks warehouse, but don't feel it properly delivers compared to the playground skirmish.

• Like 3

Thanks everyone for the votes so far. I'm not sure what I find more fascinating: that Police Story 2 got the same number of votes in one day that Ong Bak got in an entire week; or just how much the playground fight is slaughtering the finale.

• Like 3

I hadn't noticed this thread previously so my apologies for not voting prior to now. As for Police Story 2, the playground fight is one of Jackie's all time best in my opinion. It's also a fight scene I saw early in my kung fu cinema journey so it's always stuck with me. It gets my vote.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I hadn't noticed this thread previously so my apologies for not voting prior to now.

For the knowledge of the other members, @Drunken Monk sent me his votes in private and I recalculated the percentages. I will note that it did change the result of the Ong Bak poll, causing the two set pieces that make up the finale to tie for first place, leaving the club fight with the Bronze.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, DrNgor said:

For the knowledge of the other members, @Drunken Monk sent me his votes in private and I recalculated the percentages. I will note that it did change the result of the Ong Bak poll, causing the two set pieces that make up the finale to tie for first place, leaving the club fight with the Bronze.

Why not consider creating a new thread for each movie? That way the polls can stay open indefinitely, for those who take longer than a week.

Edited by Omni Dragon
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Omni Dragon said:

Why not create a new thread for each movie?

I didn't want to clutter up the forum. A similar stance was taken by the Toho Kingdom forum mods when they were doing Godzilla Suit contest polls over there.

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

One Armed Boxer
On 2/2/2022 at 5:26 AM, DrNgor said:

This could result in the Kung Fu Fandom equivalent of the storming of Capitol Hill. :tongueout

Playground fight all the way for me. The finale may surpass it as an action scene overall with the level of stunt falls, pyrotechnics, and the way fights are integrated throughout, but based on fight scenes alone, the playground takes it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

This could result in the Kung Fu Fandom equivalent of the storming of Capitol Hill. :tongueout

*puts way blank paper fight scene ballots*

Well, the winner (by an utter landslide) is:

1. The Playground Fight (100%)

• Like 2

This week we're staying in the 80s, but going old school:

8 Diagram Pole Fighter

Gordon Liu vs. Philip Ko Fei

The final fight:

• Like 2

The Gordon Liu/Philip Ko fight is close to perfect. Such high emotional stakes, such perfectly-timed music, such amazing choreography. I had to give it to the finale though, just because of how bonkers and spectacular it is.

• Like 3

This week: Master of the Flying Guillotine (1976)

Tournament Scene

Jimmy Wang Yu vs. Wang Yung-Sheng

Jimmy Wang Yu vs. Sham Chin-Bo

Climax

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

And the results are:

1. Finale atop the coffins - 66.67%
2. Gordon Liu vs. Philip Ko Fei - 33.33%

• Like 2