POLL - Best Fight - THE NIGHT COMES FOR US (2018)

DrNgor

What is the Best Fight?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What is the Best Fight of THE NIGHT COMES FOR US (2018)?

• The Meat Locker Fight
    • Joe Taslim fights goons at the old hideout
    • Julie Estelle vs. Lesbian Assassins
    • Joe Taslim vs. Iko Uwais

Omni Dragon

I voted for 'The Dojo vs. Pan-Asian fighters sequence'.

• Like 1

Okay, the final results for One-Armed Boxer are:

1. The Dojo vs. Pan-Asian fighters sequence - 77.78%
2. Jimmy Wang Yu vs. Pan-Asian fighters (Climax) - 22.22%

• Like 1

This week: U.S. Seals 2 (2001):

Big Group Melee

Big climax (Michael Worth and Karen Kim vs. Damian Chapa, Sophia Crawford and Andi Cheng)

• Like 1

It’s been a long time since I saw this one so after re watching the clips here I picked the mass brawl,corny at times but very enjoyable.

• Like 1

Drunken Monk

I didn't love either fight but the mass brawl was much better than the finale. It's goofy as hell but that Dan Southworth vs Andy Cheng segment is worth the price of admission alone.

• Like 1

Okay, this wasn't a very popular film to poll. I'll cut the line here. The results for U.S. Seals II are:

1. The Big Group Melee - 80%
2. Michael Worth and Karen Kim vs. Damian Chapa, Andy Cheng and Sophia Crawford - 20%

• Like 1

This week, we have The Young Master (1980) - 

Whang In-Sik vs. Constables

Jackie Chan vs. Yuen Biao

Jackie Chan vs. Whang In-Sik

• Like 1

Jackie and Yuen Biao easy.

Love this movie, probably my favorite classic kung fu style flick from Jackie - but that “angry style” in the finale is WHACK!

• Like 1

Drunken Monk

I love the final fight and the fight with Yuen Biao. But they don’t quite do it like Hwang In Shik’s escape. That particular fight feels like it’s from a totally different film. It’s got so much energy, innovation and uniqueness. It may not be the longest fight or have the most exchanges but it’s a raw beatdown we seldom saw around that time. Pure genius with some monumental stunt work.

• Like 3

ShaOW!linDude

Yeah, Whang In-Sik vs the Constables is the best fight to me. Chan vs Biao in the bench is some nice cinematic kung fu comedy, but doesn't really stack up. I've always been disappointed in the finale of this movie. It's mainly Chan getting a beatdown.

• Like 1

Hwang vs constables for me.I feel this was the first glimpse of Chan moving away from the traditional shapes fight choreography and trying something different and I love it.

• Like 1

No options for the fan/skirt fights?  Regardless, I voted for the finale.   Is that Jackie's longest one on one to date?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

Yeah, Whang In-Sik vs the Constables is the best fight to me. Chan vs Biao in the bench is some nice cinematic kung fu comedy, but doesn't really stack up. I've always been disappointed in the finale of this movie. It's mainly Chan getting a beatdown.

@ShaOW!linDude's words are my words.

• Like 2

There is something missing from the finale.  The idea of Jackie overcoming preposterous amounts of physical abuse to defeat his enemy is all well and good.  But it would have felt more meaningful if the two characters had any screentime together before the fight!  I get that his brother's freedom serves as the stakes, but the lack of interpersonal drama takes away from the severity of the brawl.

Whang In-Sik's escape is pretty great, no doubt- the rapid zooms and associated sound effect were spoofed as a relatively deep cut in Kung Pow.  The guitar-heavy music for that scene in the export score is especially badass.

Edited by starschwar
  • Like 3

The Whang In-Shik breakout scene is definitely an amazing scene - buts it’s more like a showcase for him than a fight. With him pulling off amazing moves and the opponents just flying away (which is still very awesome, lol)

I prefer the back and forth razor sharp choreography of the Chan and Biao fight.

• Like 2

FightingFool

Jackie vs Yuen Biao. Use of bench is great. Jackie vs Lily Li is too short. Never cared much of end fight in otherwise terrific movie.

• Like 1

Cognoscente
5 hours ago, starschwar said:

The idea of Jackie overcoming preposterous amounts of physical abuse to defeat his enemy is all well and good.  But it would have felt more meaningful if the two characters had any screentime together before the fight!  I get that his brother's freedom serves as the stakes, but the lack of interpersonal drama takes away from the severity of the brawl.

That would make a good idea for a topic: movies where the very final fighter is someone who the hero hasn't met.

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer
32 minutes ago, Cognoscente said:

That would make a good idea for a topic: movies where the very final fighter is someone who the hero hasn't met.

In the words of Jean-Luc Picard - make it so.

• Like 3