POLL - Best Fight - THE NIGHT COMES FOR US (2018)

DrNgor

What is the Best Fight?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What is the Best Fight of THE NIGHT COMES FOR US (2018)?

• The Meat Locker Fight
    • Joe Taslim fights goons at the old hideout
    • Julie Estelle vs. Lesbian Assassins
    • Joe Taslim vs. Iko Uwais

In conjunction with the other thread I opened, I'm creating this thread for us to rate our favorite fights from movies with multiple classic fights. Every week I'll edit the poll and post Youtube clips of the fights, should they be available. I'd like as many of you all to vote as possible. I'll post the results at the end of the week and update the other thread, too.

Edited by DrNgor
  • Like 4

At the end of Week 1, the results for Fist of Legend are:

1. Jet Li vs. Billy Chow - 58.33% of the votes
2. Dojo Fight - 25% of the votes
3. Jet Li vs. Yasuaki Kurata - 16.67% of the votes

Edited by DrNgor
  • Like 3

At the end of Week 2, the results for The Magnificent Butcher are:

1. Yuen Biao vs. Lam Ching-Ying - 68.75%
2. Kwan Tak-Hing vs. Lee Hoi-San - 25%
3. Sammo Hung vs. Lee Hoi-San - 6.25%

Edited by DrNgor
  • Like 3

One Armed Boxer

Wow, I expected the Biao & Lam Ching-Ying fight to come out tops, but by such a wide margin is still surprising to see considering it’s beating a finale with Sammo being choreographed by Yuen Woo-Ping!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, One Armed Boxer said:

it’s beating a finale with Sammo being choreographed by Yuen Woo-Ping!

I was the only one who voted for that fight. I'm a sucker for fights where all Five Animals get a chance to shine.

• Like 5

Week 3 - Ong Bak

3-1 fight with Big Bear, Toshiro and Mad Dog

Tony Jaa vs. Henchmen in Cave

Tony Jaa vs Saming Sibtid (played by Chattapong Pantana-Angkul) 

• Like 1

I’ll have to go with the club fight, I like the variety and im a sucker for breaking furniture in fight scenes.

Jaa vs Sibtid definitely a close second though. Gotta love that over-kill ending that @ShaOW!linDude pointed out. It looks like it fits more with a 70s Chang Cheh movie than a modern flick!

• Like 3

It was difficult to decide but still, I voted for 'Tony Jaa vs henchmen in the cave'. I voted based on what was in the YouTube video, which in away was like 3 different scenes: the long take outside the cave, the fight in low lighting with the staff and mai sok (tonfa like weapon) and the fight against the henchmen with the statue of Buddha in the background (which to me at least almost felt like a showreel with some of Jaa's flashiest moves). I admit though it lacked some of the intensity of 'Tony Jaa vs Saming Sibtid' which was a very close second for me. On a different day I might have picked that.

On a sidenote as someone so used to the Richard Wells music on the Premier Asia version, watching those YouTube videos it almost felt as though the fights had been slowed down at times lol. Of course, it was more to do with the changing pace of the music than anything else.

• Like 2

One Armed Boxer

I'll go for Jaa vs. Pantana-Angkul (sorry, can't do the whole using a characters name and actors name in the same sentence deal!:tongueout). It was the closest we get to a worthy adversary for Jaa in 'Ong Bak', even then it wasn't that compelling since it basically suggested that for Panatana-Angkul to stand any chance against Jaa, he needed to inject himself full of steroids. Removing the plot context though and based on pure physicality, it's a winner, and that finishing move is up there with the Ip Man chain punch in terms of moments of choreography that broke through into popular culture.

• Like 3

We didn't have as good a turn-out last week. I hope this week fares better. The results:

1. (tie) Tony Jaa vs. Henchmen in Cave (37.5%) and Tony Jaa vs. Pantana-Angkul (37.5%)

2. Tony Jaa Club fight (25%)

Edited by DrNgor
  • Like 3