Back on the Society (2021) - Jordan Chan, Sam Lee

laagi

Going into this my expectations were already very low. Unfortunately I'm still very underwhelmed.

I'm not even gonna get into the plot. It is as generic and paper thin as one would expect. The characters are laughable at best and their most recognizable feature seems to be their haircut.

I guess a lot can be forgiven as long as the action delivers. Unfortunately even here the movie fails to ignite any kind of excitment. There is one brief scene which was kind of fun but clearly the heavy lifting was done by a stunt guy. Also lots of the car chases and shootouts appear to be sped up. Add your usual crap CGI explosions to the mix and that's that.

One really has to wonder how guys like Jordan Chan and Sam Lee end up in this kind of turkey. Maybe I'm just too harsh but I'm not as forgiving as before when it comes to these type of movies.

Last but not least the end credits were incredibly irritating. Mentioning both Chan and Lee with their nationalities as (Hong Kong, China). I kid you not! Overall very disappointed and not recommended.

• Like 2