The (2024) Pro Wrestling Thread: NWA/NJPW/AEW/ROH/WWE/Impact/Indies

DragonClaws

PandaPawPaw

Good! Fuck that old out of touch git!

Though publicly he maybe gone, I bet he'll find a way of still running things.

• Haha 1

I’ll hold back on judging him on a personal level, but I’d say WWE and the business is probably due for a change (if anything actually changes! Lol!)

• Like 2

-ROH held their Death Before Dishonor PPV last night and was a pretty good show. 

-Prince Nana announced that he has bought out Tully Blanchard Enterprises and has reformed the Embassy.  As per Tony Khan, it was more of a creative decision to switch to Prince Nana. 

-Glad to see Claudio finally win the ROH title, even if the result was never in doubt.   Gresham was upset over the lack of communication between him and Tony Khan and has requested his release from ROH/AEW. 

-FTR and The Briscoes tore it up again in the main event in the 2 out of 3 falls match and I can see them running this back again maybe at the All Out PPV in September.

-

• Like 3

PandaPawPaw

Death Before Dishonor was my first ROH show and I enjoyed it. All round a good show. Jonathan Gresham looked so small next to Claudio though. :o

I like Dalton Castle's fun gimmick. Cool wrestler too.

• Like 3

PandaPawPaw

Good Dynamite;

Hook/Hobbs/Starks stuff all great.

Still can't stand Jungle Boy and his promo felt too forced with all the swearing.

I think Luchasaurus will cost JB the match and is still with Christan.

Christan promo was great.

Rosa Vs Miyu was a let down. Was expecting it to be far better.

Always great to see DB.

Jericho needs to stop SHOUTING! Ugh.

• Like 3

I enjoyed Dynamite last night, definitely surprised by the main event as I thought Bryan would win for sure.

Also surprised by Hobbs heel turn on Ricky Starks, who cut a great promo after his loss to Hook.

Finally they have announced Trios titles, even if there is 10 or so belts already.

• Like 3

Summerslam was good, Brock and Roman had a great Last Man Standing match, much better than their mania match.

• Like 2

PandaPawPaw

I felt bad for the people who were on the corner of the ring where it was lifted up. Maybe Brock forgot to put it down. :P

I remember when the roster had so many guys I liked but these days there's no one or there were but the WWE messed them up.

I don't care how athletic or good Logan Paul is. He can fuck off! Anyone who thinks it's cool to film a dead body and make jokes is an utter idiot.

Love me some Bayley. :love

Io Shirai is now IYO SKY. Old MacDonald had a farm, IYO, IYO, SKY.

• Like 3

PandaPawPaw

I forgot to mention Edges Entrance was awesome. Not a fan of his but that was great.

I will never like Becky's 'I'm so hard' look she does. It just comes across as fake as hell. Liv being champ is just awful. I don't get how anyone can take her seriously. Ronda should of destroyed her.

It's a shame we can't get AEW's PPV level matches with WWE's production (minus camera work).

AEW stages do look better these days with the animated entrance tunnels. They just need to get rid of the awful chandelier thing. Maybe put the AEW Dynamite/Rampage on TNT logo there or something.

• Like 3

Summerslam was a really good show, IMO.  I got to see it live and the crowd was into everything.

Great to see Bayley back after missing a year of in-ring action, and surprised to see Dakota Kai and Io Shirai back as well.

I thought they would swerve us and have Becky attack Bianca after the match but it seems like she's turning face for now.

I wish the Usos had dropped the title to the Street Profits as there are no more teams to feud with right now.

Not surprised that Roman retained, I hope he'll lose it next month at the PPV in Wales to Drew McIntyre but we'll see how that goes.

I saw some of the Ric Flair match from last night and it was godawful, he should have been in there for a minute or two tops.  Flair looked like he was on the verge of death at the end, hopefully it's his last match for real this time.

• Like 7

Tough rocker Ricky Morton continues to add to his long list of Pro-Wrestling matches. I first heard about him and The Rock N Roll Express, when WWE magazine ran an article on Smokey Mountain Wrestling in 1993.

• Like 2

The late Les Kellett, who was involved in a pub brawl with young hoodlums and the local police during his retirement years. The police turned up, to find Les had some young man in a sleeper hold on the floor and wouldn’t let go. He was from an era when you had to know legitimate wrestling skills, before you become a Pro-Wrestler. Despite playing the clown in the ring, he was known as one of Englands toughest wrestlers.

• Like 1

-WWE had their first big UK PPV in 30 years at Clash at the Castle yesterday and it was a great show.  I enjoyed the card and really believed Drew had a shot of winning here.   It looks like Cody is the next big hope to get the belts off Roman as I don't know where Drew goes from here.

-Tonight is the AEW All Out PPV and the card is pretty good even if the main event build was less than stellar.  I mean, Punk got obliterated last week and gets another shot at Moxley's World Title.  I have a feeling he's going to get it back perhaps with a heel turn.

• Like 3

My introduction to Ricky the Dragon Steamboat was during his early 90's WWF/E run as a kid. Remember a friend of mine at school causing a stir, just by having the latest Hasbro figure of him.

• Like 2

-Unfortunately the big news item from this weekend is not the return of MJF to AEW but the media scrum that CM Punk took over.   From what was rumored, after his tirade on the EVP's and news reporters he got into a fight backstage with the Bucks/Omega.  Ace Steel was also there in the fight and apparently bit Omega, this is a hot mess and Tony Khan needs to reign it in and take control of his company.

• Like 3

I'm find it all very entertaining. :D

CM Punk in the media scrum gave me a craving for Muffins. :P

I'm glad he called Hangman out for not wanting to take advice. He's not even that good. Boring as hell.

TK needs to grow a pair and actually do something instead of just sitting there pulling faces. VKM would of shut that shit down.

I also read that apparently Punk has injured himself in the backstage fight. Mox three time champ coming soon to TNT.

• Like 3

-CM Punk has to get surgery and a new AEW champion will have to be crowned, not sure if it will be tonight.  

-The Young Bucks, Kenny Omega, Ace Steel and a few others were suspended after the fight on Sunday.  CM Punk's status was not made clear yet and the Trios titles will be addressed also.

• Like 3

They need to have a NEW WHC and not give it to Mox. DB would be awesome but he seems to be OK with losing a lot.

I found MJF kind of boring during his promo. Like he was repeating himself a lot.

The rest of Dyno was meh. The main event of Yuta/Garcia was bland as hell. I have no idea why TK has such a hardon for them both.

• Like 3

There's something going on at AEW. First you had people like Joey Janela leave claiming there's no communication within the company. Then you had the ROH PPV where Tully Blanchard just vanished and Jonathan Gresham decided to quit wrestling altogether. Now there was that huge fight after All Out that allegedly occurred right in front of the AEW legal team.

Miro's promo on Rampage tonight basically confirmed that Malakai Black has left the company. Black cancelled appearances this weekend citing health problems so he could be dealing with a long term injury as well. It wasn't caught on camera but he hugged the other members of the House of Black and blew a kiss to the crowd at All Out after his match with Darby Allin.

In other news, New Japan expanded again.

Don't forget that Stardom is coming to the US and elsewhere next year via New Japan.

Fa4Mhc6acAAqcpo?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by HyperDrive
typo
  • Like 3

Solo Sikoa, the younger brother of the Usos, joined the Tribe when he helped Roman Reigns defeat Drew McIntrye at Clash at the Castle. Dominik Mysterio turned on his dad and Edge, joining The Judgment Day faction.  Liv Morgan retained her title defeating Shayna Baszler while Gunther retained the IC title defeating Sheamus. 

NWA wrestler Luke Hawx appeared as a prisoner who took on Martin Kove's John Kreese on Cobra Kai this past weekend. 

• Like 3

AEW really need to start building some stars as the absence of Punk/Elite really makes a difference. I'm starting to find it a chore to watch where as before I couldn't wait to watch.

Wardlow has become complete meh! He should be destroying people.

Hobbs, Starks, Wardlow, Ethan Page, Miro, and some others all need to be pushed. Miro needs to stop talking to god and wrestle.

Also they need the tag team division to be stronger. They have the teams, they just need to give it some shaping.

• Like 3

This weeks Dynamite was just plain baaaaad. First Dynamite I've FF through. Basically there aren't any big stars to make it worth watching.

Lots of potential future stars but they don't seem to know how to build them.

Also they need to stop having so many people on comms.

• Like 2