The (2024) Pro Wrestling Thread: NWA/NJPW/AEW/ROH/WWE/Impact/Indies

DragonClaws

The only thing I'm curious about on this Sunday's show is who Bryan's replacement will be.   The only person I can think of would be Cesaro.

I liked Christian's heel promo and his upcoming feud with Jungle Boy, he works better as a heel anyways.

The rest of the show last night I didn't really tune into as most of my favorites are on the injured list like Punk and Bryan and MJF is in limbo right now.

• Like 3

PandaPawPaw
On 6/23/2022 at 6:12 PM, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

The okada run in was the highlight for me. I can't wait for forbidden door, it's gonna be the best ppv of the year easily,  guaranteed.  No build up needed, it's not your normal generic wwe ppv imo

I was happy when the coin dropped and seeing Okada was cool but I'm still not feeling it fully.

Hopefully it's a good show.

One thing I noticed is how bad Suzuki comes across in AEW in terms of toughness. He punches look bad like he's toning down his style way too much. Maybe it's because he doesn't want to kill them. :P

Also why does Excalibur try saying as much as he can in the space of 5 seconds. The guy seriously needs to breathe (with the switchblade).

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Like 2

OpiumKungFuCracker

Forbidden Door is the best US PPV of the year. I don’t see anything topping it this year, can’t wait for the sequel when everyone is healthy and I also heard they want to do it in Japan. That’s going to be sikk 🔥🔥

• Like 3

PandaPawPaw

Yeah it was a great PPV! Even OC Vs Ospreay was good!

The only things I didn't like was all the crap after the Mox/Tana match. Really pointless. Tana and Mox should of shook hands at the end instead.

I'm finding Thunder Rosa a dull champ but then she's hardly been on TV so that doesn't help.

Sting is so AWESOME for his age and happy Shingo got the pin. :D

Cesaro looked so happy when he came out and his match with ZSJ was decent.

ZSJ has one of the coolest entrance tunes too.

Hopefully the Forbidden Door 2 with be injury free.

• Like 3

OpiumKungFuCracker
17 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Yeah it was a great PPV! Even OC Vs Ospreay was good!

The only things I didn't like was all the crap after the Mox/Tana match. Really pointless. Tana and Mox should of shook hands at the end instead.

I'm finding Thunder Rosa a dull champ but then she's hardly been on TV so that doesn't help.

Sting is so AWESOME for his age and happy Shingo got the pin. :D

Cesaro looked so happy when he came out and his match with ZSJ was decent.

ZSJ has one of the coolest entrance tunes too.

Hopefully the Forbidden Door 2 with be injury free.

STINGO TAKAGI 🤣

• Like 3

John Cena returned to RAW this past Monday to celebrate his 20th year in the industry. Many WWE superstars paid their respects. He started wresting for the company on June 27, 2002 when Kurt Angle challenged a young Cena to a match where Cena told him it was about "ruthless aggression".

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

PandaPawPaw

Anyone watched Heels before? I'm up to ep four and while it's not as good as I was expecting, it's not too bad. I'm not keen on the added sounds during matches. Lots of added thuds.

Also the answer to get over a problem/issue seems to be just bonk it out. :P

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Like 3

-I thought the MITB PPV was decent last night, didn't think Liv Morgan would win or cash in on Ronda to win the Smackdown Women's Title.  I feel like she'll have it for a few weeks and lose it to a returning Charlotte.

-I was hoping Seth or Riddle would win the Men's MITB match but Vince seems to have a hard-on for Austin Theory.  He's okay I guess but damn they are pushing this dude to the moon.

-The Usos and Street Profits had a hell of a match, looks like they're going to run it back at Summerslam due to Montez having his shoulder up and the ref missing the call.

• Like 3

PandaPawPaw

MITB was the first WWE PPV I've not watched since 2000 when I got back into wrestling. It all just seems so boringly meh. I just don't find any of it interesting.

While I enjoy AEW way more, it's still got so much crap that needs to be ditched. Hobbs/Starks should be featured way more (as well as a bunch of others) and enough with the afterbirths. Let at least one match just be over without anyone coming down afterwards.

The Tana/Mox match was a perfect example. That should of ended with a handshake and show of respect instead of using it to advertise Dynamite.

The JAS can piss off too.

• Like 3

PandaPawPaw

This weeks Dynamite was pretty damn bad. Aside from Christian and Wardlow, the rest sucked! Seriously how hard is it to put on a good show?!

Also I get Brodie Lee dying was sad but they really need to stop bring it up. The whole minus one or whatever and dork order is pure cringe.

Despy's theme is so f'n cool!

• Like 2

PandaPawPaw

Please just arrest the old bastard already. I can't believe people still idolize or think he's amazing after all this shit.

Maybe that's why Christy Hemme left in 2005..............

• Like 4

-I thought Dynamite was okay, I liked that Wardlow finally got a title in AEW.  I liked the Christian promo and I guess this will be a filler feud with Matt Hardy vs. Luchasaurus until Jungle Boy returns.

-I didn't think Moxley was losing the belt anytime soon, I figure nothing will happen until CM Punk returns and they can have the match to crown an undisputed champion.

-I hope they don't wait too long to continue the MJF storyline but I don't know who he could feud with at this point.

• Like 4

paimeifist

RAW was solid this week. Not much interesting in the way of storylines - but most of the matches were good.

Feud building between Riddle and Seth Rollins should make for some fun though.

Really enjoyed the 3v3 with Bobby Lashley and the Street Profits vs Theory and Alpha Academy. Chad Gable rolling suplex with Montez literally flipping out of it was art work. Ezekiel and Rollins was another very good match.

• Like 3

8DiagramAuntieFighter

This can’t be real. This sounds like early 2010’s TNA levels of bad. 
I copy & pasted this recap from twitter.  EDIT: Sorry. Should’ve mentioned this was for the recent episode of Smackdown

Spoiler

Four minutes of PPV recap
Five minutes of Roman entrance
Eight minutes promo
Three minutes of another recap
Viking riders entrance
Vignette announcing the A&E block
First match starts at 21 minutes (!!!)
Match lasts 1:30 minutes

New Day interferes, another 1:30 minutes
Another PPV recap
Gunther promo
Nakamura vs Kaiser: 6 minutes
ANOTHER PPV recap
Liv Morgan has a long entrance
Commercial break
Women's segment: 7 minutes
Ronda vs Natalya: 2 minutes
McIntyre interview
Some wacky model segment: 7 minutes
Lacey Evans promo
Tag team championship contenders match: 2 minutes
Drew match: almost 2 minutes

Edited by 8DiagramAuntieFighter
Clarification
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

So I actually just started watching wrestling sometime before the last Mania. Having been a competitive amateur and pro boxer, I actually used to look down on wrestling - maturity has helped me realize how douchy that is, and now I really enjoy it for what it is.

I watch a lot of old stuff, and generally keep up with RAW via the condensed version on Hulu and SOMETIMES Smackdown, and I watch the events. I never watch NXT. 

For the other wrestling fans of the board, could you give me a general run down/rating of the other current non-WWE shows, and if any are worth watching?

• Like 3

DragonClaws
14 hours ago, paimeifist said:

For the other wrestling fans of the board, could you give me a general run down/rating of the other current non-WWE shows, and if any are worth watching?

There are so many shows Pro-Wrestling Shows available now  Id find it hard to point you at a certain pro-wrestling promotion from around the world. This thread a good place to get an idea of whats out there. You'll notice the older stuff is very different in how its presented. Two promotions here, one from Japan the other from the United States. Some fans might recommend one, neither or both.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2