The (2024) Pro Wrestling Thread: NWA/NJPW/AEW/ROH/WWE/Impact/Indies

DragonClaws

PandaPawPaw

Anyone but Mox as champ please. He's awful.

Bryan should be the champ. The whole BCC thing sucks. Bryan as heel was so awesome.

AEW could be so good but there's so much shite on there.

Here's Tony Khan being........well Tony Khan. :D

• Like 3

OpiumKungFuCracker
2 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Anyone but Mox as champ please. He's awful.

Bryan should be the champ. The whole BCC thing sucks. Bryan as heel was so awesome.

AEW could be so good but there's so much shite on there.

Here's Tony Khan being........well Tony Khan. :D

Give me Wheeler as AEW champ even though he kinda looked green at this year's BOSJ LOL

• Like 2

PandaPawPaw
2 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Give me Wheeler as AEW champ even though he kinda looked green at this year's BOSJ LOL

Don't give Tony any ideas! :lipssealed

And new AEW WHC, WHEELER YUTA!!!! Goes on to have a 5 year reign and AEW get bought by the WWE. :o

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Like 3

Drunken Monk

I’d like to see Adam Cole as champ. Maybe have him step away from the Undisputed Elite and have a true solo run.

• Like 2

I can see MJF as champion after all this work/shoot mess is over.

The injury bug has bitten Cody Rhodes as he had a torn pec and still managed to wrestle against Seth in a great match at the HIAC PPV, he'll be gone for a while unfortunately.

• Like 3

The Judgment Day welcomed new member Finn Balor, but turned on the faction's founder Edge. last night on RAW

• Like 3

AEW unveiled the All Atlantic Championship. The title match will be a fatal four way at AEW/NJPW Forbidden Door. PAC defeated Buddy Matthews last night on Dynamite.

FUxX0e-UsAAYFNC?format=jpg&name=large

AEW is not the only company with a new title, NJPW announced it is adding tag titles to NJPW Strong.

NJPW also announced that it is holding a joint show with Stardom.

• Like 3

PandaPawPaw

Jeff has looked broken down in his entire time in AEW. He needs to retire me thinks.

AEW really need to tell the wrestlers not to go overboard and do reckless shit just for the sake of it which most people will probably forget about the next day.

Jay Whites post match interview at DOMINION is AWESOME. :D:D

• Like 3

Drunken Monk
6 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Jeff has looked broken down in his entire time in AEW. He needs to retire me thinks.

And his brother can join him. No one wants to see Jeff and Matt wrestle anymore. They get that nostalgia pop but as far as their in-ring performances go, they’ve looked terrible for quite some time. Sting is sixteen years older than Matt Hardy and absolute blows him out of the water when it comes to matches.

• Like 5

PandaPawPaw

My main memory of Jeff being in AEW will be his debut where he's meant to be saving his bro from a beat down but instead does his dance a bit before getting to the ring. I don't know why but it made me laugh. Like he HAD to get it in there. :coveredlaugh

• Like 4

DragonClaws

"Man Mountain Dean was Hulk Hogan before Hulk Hogan. He leapt to the big screen before it was the sporting standard. And for his final act? He worked in the shadows to topple Hitler."

The Classified Case of the Pro Wrestler Who Helped Beat the Nazis - by Jon Werthiem

Link- https://www.si.com/wrestling/2022/05/30/man-mountain-dean-wrestling-hitler-daily-cover?utm_source=pocket-newtab-global-en-GB

https://media2.nekropole.info/2015/05/Man-Mountain-Dean_5566ee5fd3f57.jpg

• Like 3

-Apparently Sasha Banks has been released from WWE but it hasn't been confirmed by the company as of yet, it's probably for the best.   I can't see Sasha walking back in there and continuing on like nothing happened and WWE can't let that go unpunished.

-Vince McMahon is stepping down from WWE as CEO in the midst of accusations of misconduct with a female employee.   Stephanie McMahon will take over in the meantime during the investigation and for some reason Vince will appear on Smackdown tonight.  If I were him, the last thing I would want to do is appear publicly and possibly speak on this subject.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/17/investing/wwe-vince-mcmahon-steps-down/index.html

-With all that's going on this month, it feels like the MJF Promo happened months ago instead of 2 weeks ago.  Hopefully I think he will reappear after the June 26th Forbidden Door PPV. 

-We'll see how Smackdown goes tonight as Riddle goes against Roman Reigns for the WWE Title, I don't see Roman losing it on TV.  I think the next challenger might be Bobby Lashley as Randy Orton is slated to be out the rest of the year.

• Like 4

PandaPawPaw

There is also this -

https://theovertimer.com/2022/06/former-wwe-referee-rita-chatterton-accusation-that-vince-mcmahon-raped-her-resurfaces/

I swear Vince is made of Telfon.

The whole NJPW x AEW thing isn't as good as I thought it was going to be. It's kind of boring/uninteresting. Also I think AEW need to explain who these NJPW guys are in video packages or something. I know most of them but for those who don't it must be a real who are these fuckers situation.

No Okada doesn't help either.

I'd like Tana to win the title as Mox sucks so bad plus he can defend it against Punk when he returns so we still get the match they were meant to have before he got injured.

• Like 3

Drunken Monk

Maybe it‘S time for Vince to step down. They should re-hire Triple H since he did wonders with NXT. He made it one of the best modern wrestling shows and it went to shit without him. He’d be great for WWE.

I’m not worried for Sasha Banks. I’m pretty sure AEW is ready to scoop her up. She’s been consistently on fire throughout her career and promotions must be clamoring to get her signed. Then again, I thought the same about Bray Wyatt and he’s done fuck all since leaving WWE.

• Like 2

So Phoenix, Penta Obscuro, and Andrade El Idolo will not be at Forbidden Door. All three are AAA wrestlers while NJPW is affiliated with CMLL. 

It is rumored that Kazuchika Okada will skip Forbidden Door as his wife is nine months pregnant.

I just hope they give Shingo Takagi a singles match,

The brackets for the NJPW Strong Openweight tag title tournament has been released.

FVnD9iuXoAA_AJf?format=jpg&name=medium

The list of competitors in NJPW's G1 Climax 32:

• Like 3

-I didn't see all of Raw last night, it was okay from what I remember.  Unfortunately Rhea Ripley is injured so she will not be challenging Bianca Belair at the next PPV for the Raw Women's title, Carmella will be replacing her at MITB.  It's mostly a filler title defense so I don't see her losing it.  Somehow Becky will get back in the title picture and face her at Summerslam.

-I'm pulling for Seth to win MITB and cash in soon, perhaps during Brock/Roman part 7390 at Summerslam.  

-Vince appeared on Raw again last night, mostly to show the fans/investors that this latest drama won't deter him from being on TV.

• Like 3

PandaPawPaw

Okada or Naito have to be on Dynamite or The Forbidden Door otherwise what's the point of it all.

One problem is the fact the NJPW guys can't speak English (well enough) so we don't get any promo battles or anything making most matches have no real build or feeling.

Ospreay looking threatened by OC was one of the dumbest things ever. OC fucking sucks! AWFUL! AWFUL! AWFUL!

It's all seriously half arsed.

Anyway Tana for WHC.

• Like 3

PandaPawPaw

Christians promo on Dynamite was great. In fact that was the first thing I enjoyed of his since he came to AEW.

The rest was meh.

Tana and Mox stare down was so bad and WTF was Tana doing pulling that weird face. They added Shingo and Hiromu like an after thought.

Such a bad way to do a crossover PPV. The worst build up to any PPV.

• Like 2

OpiumKungFuCracker
4 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Christians promo on Dynamite was great. In fact that was the first thing I enjoyed of his since he came to AEW.

The rest was meh.

Tana and Mox stare down was so bad and WTF was Tana doing pulling that weird face. They added Shingo and Hiromu like an after thought.

Such a bad way to do a crossover PPV. The worst build up to any PPV.

The okada run in was the highlight for me. I can't wait for forbidden door, it's gonna be the best ppv of the year easily,  guaranteed.  No build up needed, it's not your normal generic wwe ppv imo

Edited by OpiumKungFuCracker
  • Like 2