The (2024) Pro Wrestling Thread: NWA/NJPW/AEW/ROH/WWE/Impact/Indies

DragonClaws

SunChien
Posted (edited)

I thought the NXT CW debut was decent, not an earthshattering show IMO.  I would have had Punk as the host or something but as special referee, it felt like he as in the way with Trick & Page.

AEW got the big deal with Max, which is great.  Maybe the PPVs will be a bit more affordable.

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/aew-stream-on-max-rights-deal-warner-bros-discovery-1236166277/

Edited by SunChien
  • Like 1

PandaPawPaw

I skipped through Dynamite and didn't really seeing anything of note. Lashey and Shelton being back with MVP is cool but I can't stand Ricoshit.

This shit is cringe!

Also it's great to seeing Omega looking healthy and more like the NJPW "Cleaner".

SunChien

Great PPV on Saturday, I enjoyed CM Punk vs. Drew to end the feud and the main event the most.

Glad to see Jimmy Uso back, hopefully he can change up his moveset and get a serious push this time to differentiate himself from Jey.

Did not expect to see The Rock, I think he's going to attack Roman eventually for siding with Cody against his own family.

Speaking of attacks, I did not expect KO to turn heel on Cody in the parking lot after the show went off the air.  I thought that was well done.

The first 2 hour Raw in a long time last night was kinda eh, capped with a solid main event with Gunther retaining the World Title over Sami Zayn. 

Not sure what Sami does from here, though I think he will get involved in the Bloodline Civil War.

PandaPawPaw
Posted (edited)

The rock to the pic of Dusty on the truck: "I love you but I hate your son!" :rofl

Also..................................

:cool

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Like 1

PandaPawPaw

8fqgwt3jnitd1.jpeg

Seriously who the fuck wants to watch Komander Vs Hologram! WTF is this shit!

Baker Vs Nightingale should be decent and I give no shits about that M.E as Yuta sucks ass! Another show that looks like I'll FF through.

SunChien
39 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

8fqgwt3jnitd1.jpeg

Seriously who the fuck wants to watch Komander Vs Hologram! WTF is this shit!

Baker Vs Nightingale should be decent and I give no shits about that M.E as Yuta sucks ass! Another show that looks like I'll FF through.

Apparently Baker is ill and will not be on the show tonight, it's now a fatal 4-way with Saraya, Nyla Rose and Jamie Hayter replacing her.

PandaPawPaw

1.PNG?token-time=1729728000&token-hash=y

329,000 viewers! Not surprised as it was fucking shite. I can't even be bothered to watch Switchblade, Darby or any of the other wrestlers I like as everything is so predictable and/or badly thought out.

Outside the PPV's everything else stinks! TK needs to wake up and sort this shit out.

As for WrestleDream.

GZkvJ5PWcAkstyH?format=jpg&name=large

PandaPawPaw

WrestleDream was alright I guess. I enjoyed White/Page and loved the ending counter! Smooth as butter!

May/Nightingale was solid and enjoyable as was the three way mens match with Takeshita finally looking like the boss he is! Glad he is getting a well deserved push!

Swerve/MVP/Nana was a good segment and looks like it'll be a good feud.

Didn't care much for the rest but I do like Marina Shafir's new look and heel work which she's doing a great job of!

Also:

AEW-Plastic-Bag.jpg

:P

PandaPawPaw

Even though it's been clear he's past his prime for a good while now, it'll be sad to see the ACE retire. :crying

I just read earlier that Samantha Irvin has left WWE, I'm sure the story will come out eventually as it was definitely a surprise.  I thought she would be a lifer there.

23 minutes ago, SunChien said:

I just read earlier that Samantha Irvin has left WWE, I'm sure the story will come out eventually as it was definitely a surprise.  I thought she would be a lifer there.

Following Ricochet, perhaps?

On 10/21/2024 at 4:11 PM, SunChien said:

Lillian Garcia returned last night to do the ring announcing on RAW