The (2024) Pro Wrestling Thread: NWA/NJPW/AEW/ROH/WWE/Impact/Indies

DragonClaws

PandaPawPaw

Really good promo by Shida. Her English has improved loads and she cut a better promo than a lot of the native English speaking wrestlers!

Looking forward to her vs Mone at All In.

Boards Fight Back

I absolutely dig the current Bloodline drama. And I bet there will be a match made with Roman and Solo to see who the genuine tribal chief is. :hi

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
4 hours ago, Boards Fight Back said:

I absolutely dig the current Bloodline drama. And I bet there will be a match made with Roman and Solo to see who the genuine tribal chief is. :hi

Plus the Rock hasn't returned yet so that'll be interesting to see how it all works out.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw

TFD has been OK but the problem is that a lot of the NJPW guys featuring are either worn down and past their prime or guys who are just meh. Shame this stuff didn't happen like 10yrs ago or something.

Swerve Vs Ishii was fucking awful! Ishii just sucks these days (as does Suzuki) and I hate all the stupid forearm/chop shit.

I do like Swerve but some of the stuff he does looks like shit.

PandaPawPaw

Never thought I'd see Babymetal music being used on a main WWE show (They used their song Karate for one of the NXT Takeovers).

SunChien

I thought All In was a good show with a hot main event last night.

Glad Bryan got to win the World Title in AEW, even though I'm sure he won't have it for long.

I think it's time to retire the FTW title as Hook is being held back by it, he needs to go after some of the real belts.

Mercedes vs. Britt wasn't very good and I'd be okay if I never saw those 2 face each other again.

Cool seeing Nigel McGuinness back in the ring and he looks in great shape.

I liked the announcements of AEW going to Australia next year, should be interesting.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw

All In was mostly good.

I thought the gauntlet match was great fun and the hawt crowd really helped!

Mone Vs DMD was shite and it deflated the crowd though Queen Hayter returning on the Pre-Show was AWESOME! I wonder if the rumours are true about her and DMD don't get on any more as Hayter should of been on the main show!

Storm Vs May was great with the latter in particular being the highlight! She's such a great heal! I could do without Storms cringey OTT facials though.

Hook fighting three guys and winning is just plain dumb and he hasn't done much in the way of progression since he debuted. He just looks like a moody teen.

Jungle Bitch can fuck off. Can't stand the pratt. It felt like Darby was in a squash match as he didn't get to do much.

Ospreay/MJF was good and I liked the entrances.

Swerve/DB was OK but I find DB matches very samey but at least he finally won something! I felt bad for Swerve as his run wasn't the greatest. I did find it funny when Swerve was beating DB up in front of Brie and she didn't seem to give a shit. :P

This years All In was way better than last year and it was nice to have a proper entrance way.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
Posted (edited)

The pain on the guys face at .17s! :D

Then you've got Jeff Hardy busting a gut!

Fuck knows how they could lift him!

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Haha 1

Drunken Monk

I finally watched All In and thought it was a great show.

Mercedes Mone needs to go back into training. Quite frankly, she looks like dog shit in the ring. She used to be great, what's happened!?

I'm sad that Storm lost because I love her and think she's absolutely hilarious, but I understand why she lost. Besides, she lost to a fantastic heel.

I agree that the FTW belt needs to be binned. Pointless. Also, can Jericho retire? He seems like a cool guy but his constant reinvention leads to shitty gimmicks, like his current one. Give him one last impressive run then let him be on commentary for the rest of his carerr.

Triple tag ladder watch was great. I've grown so tired of Claudio but he looked fantastic here. As did all of House of Black. Malakai used to be such an amazing solo wrestler; I hope they give him another crack at a belt at some point.

I love that Hangman's slowly going insane.

MJF and Ospreay was exactly what I thought it would be - a whole lot of fun.

Bryan Danielson and Swerve was a fantastic climax to the night. Danielson tends to bore me a lot but when he really puts in work, he's truly phenomenal. I'm glad he won and his son's adorable.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw

Hayter's return was awesome but not keen on that ugly attire! Her, Shida and May are the best three women in AEW.

As for tonight's show.

Looks good but Ishii needs to fuck off as he's awful now and the same goes for the shit that is that 8-man!

SunChien

I was glad to see Jamie Hayter back, but would have been better on the main PPV.  I read that her and Britt are not getting along these days, not sure how true that is but it's unfortunate.

I can see Bryan losing the title to Darby or maybe even Christian for a short run as champ.

Dynamite should be interesting with the fallout from the PPV.

I thought the Bash in Berlin PPV was good, had some solid matches but no surprise outcomes IMO.

Raw was decent in continuing most storylines like Rhea & Damian vs. Judgment Day 2.0 and CM Punk/Drew McIntyre.

The New Day & Odyssey Jones storyline is done as it seems like that Jones is no longer with WWE due to some domestic violence allegations coming out recently:

• Like 1

Bronson Reed wasn't on RAW last night because he tested positive for COVID-19 and was replaced by the very man he injured last week, Braun Strowman, who won his spot in the Intercontinental Champion contender's Fatal-4-Way thanks to Pete Dunne taking out Sheamus with Strowman taking out Ludwig Kaiser with the Running Powerslam. 

I enjoyed the Jey Uso/Damien Priest vs. Balor/McDonagh match even though I knew Rhea Ripley would return and give the death smile at Liv Morgan to unleash her fury one-legged with the crutch. Makes me wonder if eventually, someone else will join The Terror Twins in their rivalry against the Judgment Day. 

Drunken Monk

I hope they keep Mox and Marina Shafir together. They have this same brutal energy and would make a great team. In fact, it would be cool to see Mox start a new faction, separate to Blackpool Combat Club, with Shafir. I'm also cool with Shafir being the female front of BBC.

It's just that with Bryan Danielson being champion, the BCC isn't what it once was. Maybe a break for each member to get their own story would be cool?