The (2024) Pro Wrestling Thread: NWA/NJPW/AEW/ROH/WWE/Impact/Indies

DragonClaws

SunChien
11 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

The documentary was okay, nothing new that we didn't already know.  Not sure why it took nearly 3 months to put out but whatever.

AEW Dynamite was decent last night capped off with MJF's heel turn which is probably better for him as the feud with Adam Cole is over and he's not coming back anytime soon it seems.

Looking forward to the MITB this Saturday, I think Seth wins back the World Title and Solo pins Cody in the tag match to setup the Summerslam encounter.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, SunChien said:

The documentary was okay, nothing new that we didn't already know.  Not sure why it took nearly 3 months to put out but whatever.

AEW Dynamite was decent last night capped off with MJF's heel turn which is probably better for him as the feud with Adam Cole is over and he's not coming back anytime soon it seems.

Looking forward to the MITB this Saturday, I think Seth wins back the World Title and Solo pins Cody in the tag match to setup the Summerslam encounter.

I don't think the WM doc was even needed as you say it was nothing new. Also I don't really like how they explain in detail stuff about the storylines and all that. They can do all that years after this Rock stuff is over with.

MJF should never have been face anyway and I'm glad Mone is a heel now.

Britt returning was cool but I'm still waiting for Hayter to return!

The learning tree stuff is horrendous and really needs to stop!

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Like 1

PandaPawPaw

I thought this was a cool and cute moment. HHH is right, who wants to hug Cole! :P

• Like 1

SunChien

I thought the MITB PPV was ok, probably the weakest event so far this year.

Solo pins Cody in the tag match to set up their Summerslam encounter where probably Roman returns to cost Solo the match.

The Raw World Title match with Seth/Priest/Drew wasn't great IMO and I'm ready for Priest to drop the belt to Gunther at Summerslam already.

Interesting to see how Cena's retirement tour goes, maybe he gets another World Title run?

• Like 1

SunChien

I liked last night's Dynamite, had a strong opener with Bryan vs. Hangman w/Double J as special enforcer.  I thought for sure Hangman would win and face Swerve at Wembley but maybe that will be the match for the All Out PPV after Wembley.

The segment to close out the show was crazy as I didn't expect Mariah May to turn on Toni Storm and leave her a bloody mess.

Raw was good as well with Rhea returning at the end of the show and Dominik is in deep shit now lol.

Funny seeing Jey Uso run out of there as soon as the Wyatt 6 Music hit.   

Maybe next week Nikki Cross can deliver a DVD or a USB drive with the footage on it lol.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw

I loved that ending! Mariah Looked awesome! I've actually enjoyed this feud/storyline.

• Like 1

CoffeeScotchWizard

Dynamite is going to be having their big episode 250 show tomorrow. And the card is stacked, top to bottom.

vd4pzzo8qccd1.png

• Like 1

AlbertV

Chris Jericho will be appearing in two horror films this year. The first one is Dark Match, in which a small town wrestling company are hired by a Satanic cult to fight to the death. It's a Canadian film from the director of Wolfcop.

The second film? Terrifier 3 as he made a cameo in the finale of Terrifier 2

CoffeeScotchWizard

Ospreay vs MJF  was incredible. Match time was 59:59

• Like 1

SunChien

I thought for sure it was going to a draw and having the return match at All In, but was surprised to see MJF to win the belt.

I tuned out for most of the show after that and caught Tony Schiavone "Speak bitch, come on now" line to Mariah May which was hilarious.

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw

I found the Ospreay vs MJF a bit long winded and a bit flat. The ending was perfectly timed though.

I was disappointed by Mariah's promo after last weeks awesome end. It needed more oomph. The rest was meh and the learning tree shit sucks ass! Enough!!!!

Also I never knew Davey Boy ever faced off against Dynamite Kid! These 1m 42s of wrestling is better that most of the shit these days!

:cool

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
17 hours ago, SunChien said:

I thought for sure it was going to a draw and having the return match at All In, but was surprised to see MJF to win the belt.

I tuned out for most of the show after that and caught Tony Schiavone "Speak bitch, come on now" line to Mariah May which was hilarious.

:P

PandaPawPaw

Blood and Guts was pretty good! I enjoyed the opening Segment with MJF/Ospreay and the Mariah May/Toni confrontation was solid!

I wanted Shida to beat DMD but I knew she wouldn't. Kamille being Mone's muscle is cool but commentary undersold it and hopefully that means Hayter will be back soon to even things up.

The actual B&G match was great fun and I enjoyed the heck out of it! Okada seemed really out of place which is to be expected and the ending was a little lame as was the unprotected chair shot which they shouldn't be doing! Swerve and Darby were awesome as was the whole staple gun bit. :D

• Like 1

SunChien

I thought Raw was entertaining last night going into Summerslam, especially with the Judgment Day.

I think Liv retains with Dom's help and I thought Priest would lose before but I got a feeling he will retain on Saturday.

SunChien

Summerslam was a decent show, I gave it a 7/10.

Liv retaining with Dom's help was no surprise, the match with Rhea was good but I didn't like Rhea "popping the shoulder back into place" spot being done 2x.   

I liked the Bron/Zayn match, but I preferred their encounter at MITB last month.  I'm guessing Sami losing the IC title frees him up to go into the eventual Bloodline war angle.

Glad LA Knight won the U.S title from Logan Paul as he needed that win and I'd be okay if I didn't see Logan Paul again.

Nia vs. Bayley was meh, surprised Nia won though.

CM Punk vs. Drew McIntyre was not my favorite, especially with Seth as the referee which slowed the match down IMO.  

Damian Priest put on a hell of a performance in a losing effort against Gunther, I can see him as World Champ down the line again.

I think most people were just waiting for the return of Roman Reigns and the place went nuts when he did.  Hopefully Jacob Fatu is okay after injuring his leg on the table spot at the end.

• Love 1

Boards Fight Back

Finn Balor, you damn traitor! :Ayociexp112:

^

Damian Priest be like that, angry in the ring...

😅

His promos are great.