The (2024) Pro Wrestling Thread: NWA/NJPW/AEW/ROH/WWE/Impact/Indies

DragonClaws

PandaPawPaw

Penta looks like such a badass but he's used so poorly!

SunChien

-It looks like that was Ricochet's last appearance on Raw getting destroyed by Bron Breaker.  I'm guessing Ilja Dragunov continues the feud with Bron after Ricochet's departure.

-I liked the storyline with the Judgment Day and Liv chasing after Dom, it also looks like Finn is trying to get some action also as he took the hotel key for Liv's hotel room.

-I'd like to see Drew win the World Title on Saturday but I think CM Punk will interfere and cost him the title as Judgment Day is barred from ringside.

-Cody will definitely retain over AJ at the PPV and move on to other challengers, probably Randy Orton or maybe even Roman Reigns at Summerslam.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw

HAHA Taz going off on Schiavone is fucking funny! I don't blame him as Schiavone sucks ass! :D

• Haha 1

Boards Fight Back

Ricochet getting slammed off the truck was brutal. :Ayociexp112:

AlbertV

Clash at the Castle is coming up. My predictions

• I have a hunch Alpha Academy will turn on Chad Gable during his match with Sami Zayn. It's clear Otis, Maxxine Dupri, and Tozawa are having enough of Gable's actions and Zayn will retain his Intercontinental title. 
  • With the Judgment Day barred from ringside, this is going to be a toss-up between Damien Priest and Drew McIntyre, but I think the Scottish Warrior will make the homeland proud and beat Priest for the Heavyweight title.
  • Bayley I think will retain against Piper Niven for the Smackdown Women's Title
  • I think Cody will make AJ Styles say I Quit  for the Undisputed WWE title, but this one is destined to be a classic between the former Bullet Club members,
  • I think Jade and Bianca will retain against both Isla and Alba and Shayna and Zoey for the Women's Tag Team titles.

AlbertV
9 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Clash at the Castle is coming up. My predictions

• I have a hunch Alpha Academy will turn on Chad Gable during his match with Sami Zayn. It's clear Otis, Maxxine Dupri, and Tozawa are having enough of Gable's actions and Zayn will retain his Intercontinental title. 
  • With the Judgment Day barred from ringside, this is going to be a toss-up between Damien Priest and Drew McIntyre, but I think the Scottish Warrior will make the homeland proud and beat Priest for the Heavyweight title.
  • Bayley I think will retain against Piper Niven for the Smackdown Women's Title
  • I think Cody will make AJ Styles say I Quit  for the Undisputed WWE title, but this one is destined to be a classic between the former Bullet Club members,
  • I think Jade and Bianca will retain against both Isla and Alba and Shayna and Zoey for the Women's Tag Team titles.
  • Alba Fyre and Isla Dawn are the new Women's Tag Team Champions, making their homeland proud! 
  • Sami Zayn retained after Otis left Chad Gable to take care of an injured Maxxine Dupri during their Intercontinental Champion match. Dupri and Otis are destined to eventually leave Gable and the Alpha Academy.
  • Bayley retained the SmackDown Women's title against Piper Niven. Once again, Chelsea Green proved to be the comic relief...getting thrown out of ringside and attempting to return wearing a Mysterio mask...and failed!
  • Cody Rhodes made AJ Styles say "I Quit" before being attacked by The Bloodline but got help from both Randy Orton and Kevin Owens. Rumors are emerging that Roman Reigns will return and become a babyface to face off against Solo SikoaTama Tonga, and Tanga Loa
  • Drew McIntyre came close to defeating Damien Priest....until CM Punk of all people, screwed over McInytre after the referee was knocked out of the match. 
  • Like 1

PandaPawPaw

Who Killed WCW? Ep 02 - The Streak is Over.

https://www .dailymotion.com/video/x9078ba (remove the space after www)

• Like 1

SunChien

I thought it was a great PPV yesterday in Scotland and could see WWE returning there for TV tapings/PPVs in the future.

The only result that surprised me was Isla Dawn/Alba Fyre winning the tag belts but I don't see them holding it for a long time.

I really enjoyed Cody vs. AJ and the post-match brawl with Cody/Orton/KO vs. Rogue Bloodline.  I'm guessing this leads to Solo as Cody's next challenger at MITB in Toronto.

Hopefully Damian Priest is okay after that accident with his foot getting caught in the ropes, I guess we'll know more tomorrow on Raw.

Unfortunately Drew comes up short again at Clash at the Castle thanks to CM Punk, I'm guessing they face off at Summerslam.

AlbertV

Uncle Howdy and the Wyatt6 have finally arrived!

Drew McIntyre "quit" after coming on RAW and was overwhelmed by the Punk chants after the screw job on Saturday.

It will be Damien Priest vs. Seth Rollins for the WWE Heavyweight Championship at Money in the Bank

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw

Who Killed WCW? Ep 03 - New Blood.

https://www .dailymotion.com/video/x90kc8s (remove the space after www)

Having seen the first ep, I'd say so far it looks like Hogan killed WCW what with his creative control in his contract. Also this seems like an Eric Bischoff lead series on how things happened so how accurate it will be I don't know.

• Like 1

SunChien

-I like the Who Killed WCW series so far, thanks PandaPawPaw for uploading the links.  It's hard to assign blame to one person for WCW going down the toilet.  Hogan and his "That doesn't work for me, brother" creative control is a big part of it for sure. 

Also, Vince Russo's creative such as making David Arquette and himself the World Champ didn't help much either.  The only acts that I liked watching during that time in 2000 were Booker T, Scott Steiner and Sting.

I thought AEW had a decent show last night with MJF vs. Rush and enjoyed the Ospreay/Swerve confrontation also.   I also like that the winner of the Owen Hart Memorial Tournament gets a World Title shot at the London PPV.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw

While I don't think Okada has been used well in AEW, this legit made me laugh during this weeks Dynamite. :D

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw

1.PNG?token-time=1720224000&token-hash=c

This weeks Dynamite ratings! A rating of 502,000 compared to the previous weeks 681,000! Forget getting back up to the million they were doing at one point! They are about to go under the half way mark! There was no Sheldon lead in like usual which bumps the opening number up (Black Panther was in it's place this week I think).

Not surprised by this anyway as I think a lot of people, myself included can't take any more of that shite apart from the PPVs. TK will just say everything is fine and bury his head in the sand. Ugh AEW was so good when it first started.

• Like 1

SunChien
8 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

1.PNG?token-time=1720224000&token-hash=c

This weeks Dynamite ratings! A rating of 502,000 compared to the previous weeks 681,000! Forget getting back up to the million they were doing at one point! They are about to go under the half way mark! There was no Sheldon lead in like usual which bumps the opening number up (Black Panther was in it's place this week I think).

Not surprised by this anyway as I think a lot of people, myself included can't take any more of that shite apart from the PPVs. TK will just say everything is fine and bury his head in the sand. Ugh AEW was so good when it first started.

I thought the rating was a mistake at first because there was a false report that NXT got 568,000 this week and thought the same happened here.   

Yikes, the shows used to be can't miss a couple of years ago but now I skim through it and stopped watching Rampage and Collision.

Smackdown last night was a hot show in Chicago with the debut of Jacob Fatu in the Bloodline and Drew McIntyre destroying CM Punk.

Smackdown will be at MSG this Friday, I would go but I have work that evening unfortunately.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
2 hours ago, SunChien said:

I thought the rating was a mistake at first because there was a false report that NXT got 568,000 this week and thought the same happened here.   

Yikes, the shows used to be can't miss a couple of years ago but now I skim through it and stopped watching Rampage and Collision.

Smackdown last night was a hot show in Chicago with the debut of Jacob Fatu in the Bloodline and Drew McIntyre destroying CM Punk.

Smackdown will be at MSG this Friday, I would go but I have work that evening unfortunately.

Yeah I'm the same regarding Collision/Rampage. Both utterly pointless shows.

It's a shame they can't swap Solo for Jacob though if they treat Jacob as the wild/crazy guy of the group then it might work OK.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw

Man I felt bad for SABU in that video. Really badly broken down.

• Like 1

SunChien

-I thought Raw last night was a good show, Bron Breakker is over like a MF with the crowd as they love his intensity.  I think it might be too soon for him to get the IC title at the MITB PPV next week.

-The Bo Dallas VHS Tape interview was intriguing and curious to see where it goes next with the Wyatt Sicks.

-I'm glad R-Truth & Miz lost the belts as that was long overdue, at least they got their Wrestlemania moment out of it.

-I'd like to see Seth win the World Title next week but I still think Priest retains and loses to Gunther at Summerslam.

-They're finally releasing the Wrestlemania: Behind The Curtain Documentary next Wednesday.  Looking forward to hearing how they had to pivot the shit out of Rock/Roman and get back to Cody winning this year.

-RIP to Roman Reigns' father Samoan Sika who passed away yesterday, he was 79.  Condolences to his family during this difficult time.

PandaPawPaw

Who Killed WCW? Ep 04 - The Final Nitro.

https://www .dailymotion.com/video/x90ymle (remove the space after www)

Also a Forbidden Door Poster.

grbpxtpxeaacuog-jpg.238688

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw

That was great! Heyman with the red eyes like he's been crying loads is a nice touch and that's the first time that this Bloodline has looked great!

I'm guess Heyman will comeback with Roman at some point then. Roman/Usos vs current bloodline but where does that leave the Rock? I hope Rock chooses Solo's side so we have heel Rock.

• Like 1

AlbertV
1 minute ago, PandaPawPaw said:

That was great! Heyman with the red eyes like he's been crying loads is a nice touch and that's the first time that this Bloodline has looked great!

I'm guess Heyman will comeback with Roman at some point then. Roman/Usos vs current bloodline but where does that leave the Rock? I hope Rock chooses Solo's side so we have heel Rock.

Much respect to Paul on this!!! There is a rumor Roman may return at SummerSlam, but speaking of Roman, condolences to Roman and his family with the death of his father, Wild Samoan Sika this week. 

• Sad 1

PandaPawPaw

The Forbidden Door PPV was OK. I enjoyed the Ospreay/Swerve match and the finisher kick outs didn't bother me like they usually do though it could of done without the fuckery shite and for once there was no after birth!

Mone Vs Vaquer was good with the latter looking the better out of the two! Mone needs to be a heel so it's good they're going in that direction.

Shirakawa Vs Storm was OK and probably had the best story going into the PPV. :P

I think Willow has grown into a pretty decent wrestler. Her matches are pretty fun.

Moxley Vs Naito was meh and their styles didn't gel at all. Glad Naito and NJPW won something at least!.

I really can't stand Bryan any more but his match against Shingo was good. I love Shingo's work!

Out of all the masked Mexican wrestlers, Hechicero seems to have the best matches and is pretty unique style wise.

The rest was meh.

One other thing, the shit Jericho is doing is terrible stuff! He really needs to just go away!

Oh and my highlight of the PPV...............

:D

• Like 1

thekfc
On 6/29/2024 at 9:37 AM, PandaPawPaw said:

Paul Heyman should not be taking bumps like that, he is 58 years old & was never a wrestler. One botch and he could seriously be injured.