The (2024) Pro Wrestling Thread: NWA/NJPW/AEW/ROH/WWE/Impact/Indies

DragonClaws

PandaPawPaw

Dark Side Of The Ring S05E01 - The Ballad of 'Earthquake' John Tenta.

https://www. dailymotion.com/video/x8txpia (remove the space after www)

Dark Side of the Ring S5E02 - Buff and The Bagwells.

https://www. dailymotion.com/video/x8v77ag (remove the space after www)

Dark Side Of The Ring S05E03 - Terry Gordy: Final Flight of the Freebird.

https://www. dailymotion.com/video/x8v77bo (remove the space after www)

Dark Side Of The Ring S05E04 - Saving Face: the Brutus Beefcake Story.

https://www. dailymotion.com/video/x8vuoe4 (remove the space after www)

• Like 2

On 3/29/2024 at 9:55 AM, PandaPawPaw said:

GJy98nRXQAABBOF?format=jpg&name=small

For the past few weeks, the WWE are shifting away from their "No Blood" policy...(TKO Group Holding decision?)

• Like 2

PandaPawPaw
On 4/1/2024 at 1:17 PM, thekfc said:

For the past few weeks, the WWE are shifting away from their "No Blood" policy...(TKO Group Holding decision?)

Maybe a bit of that but from the start of January WWE will be on NETFLIX which means they will be able to do whatever they want. Blood, swearing and all that. All this stuff recently feels more like a teaser of what's to come.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw

@laagi How are you finding the Final Boss Rock? I love it!

I hope Cody loses and the internet blows up on Sunday! Long live the Final Boss!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

PandaPawPaw

I enjoyed that interview. AEW is just stupid now and all because of their weakass boss!

• Like 2

PandaPawPaw
On 4/1/2024 at 12:13 PM, PandaPawPaw said:

On this day in 1990 WM6 happened.

112040e1965ebcfef16c07b8f91491f6.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

MV5BYTg2Yjg4MzctYjJmNC00NWMxLWJhNjAtYThk

uyob03tmyzq81.jpg

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw

This whole promo by Edge sucked ass! It felt like TK told him to go out there and big them up and tell everyone AEW is great! Clearly a reaction to the Punk interview (or it felt like it was).

This on the other hand was great! Swerve is red hot right now and him Vs Joe is going to be awesome!

Joe's P Diddy reference - ""I'm gonna leave you mentally scarred, like you left Diddy's party too late":o

• Like 2

PandaPawPaw
Posted (edited)

While I went off The New Day years ago, they were funny here.

Oh and Giulia! She's so Hawt!

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Like 2

SunChien
Posted (edited)

I thought it was a good night 1 of Wrestlemania, the match of the night for me was Sami vs. Gunther.

I'm glad they split up the tag belts again, it was long overdue IMO.

Crowd seemed happy that Rhea retained, maybe Becky turns heel again?

Jimmy vs. Jey was weak.

I liked the lucha tag match but didn't like the finish with the 2 football players.

The main event was great, though Cody has to win it tonight with all of his friends and supporters coming out to help him vs. The Bloodline.

Edited by SunChien
  • Like 2

PandaPawPaw

WM night 1 was OK. I skipped a lot of it as I just don't care for most of the feuds/wrestlers these days.

The Uso match was so boring!

The main event was fun and I'm happy with the outcome. I was impressed with how the Rock looked and he didn't look really gassed out like I was expecting.

I hope Cody loses on night two but I guess it's almost a given that he'll win leading to either Rock/Roman or Rock/Cody.

I did hate the stupid advertising throughout the show! It was OTT.

Oh and fuck PRIME!

• Like 3

SunChien

In other news, apparently Tony Khan will air the backstage footage of what happened last year with CM Punk & Jack Perry.

It comes across very WCW-like and bushleague as this won't help the product at all, giving precious TV time to someone who doesn't work there anymore.

They should be promoting Okada, Osprey and Mercdes Mone.

• Like 2

PandaPawPaw
43 minutes ago, SunChien said:

In other news, apparently Tony Khan will air the backstage footage of what happened last year with CM Punk & Jack Perry.

It comes across very WCW-like and bushleague as this won't help the product at all, giving precious TV time to someone who doesn't work there anymore.

They should be promoting Okada, Osprey and Mercdes Mone.

Yeah I just saw that announced!

What will it even lead too as one guy is now in the WWE and the other is in Japan. TK/Bucks seriously need to grow the fuck up.

I'm not even bothering with Collision this week.

• Like 1

AlbertV
Posted (edited)

Was shocked at the opener of WM night 2. Drew McIntyre beats Seth Rollins for the WWE Heavyweight Title only to make the mistake of getting in CM Punk's face then after a beat down from Punk, Damien Priest finally cashes in the briefcase..South of Heaven...New Champ!!!

The Philadelphia Street Fight was nuts...reminded me of the old days of ECW...loved how Bubba Ray joins in sitting the last moments..what's uuuupppp on Kross!.

The Logan Paul-KO-Randy Orton match was comical..especially with IShowSpeed as the Prime mascot (his rage videos on YT are actually funny at times).

Bayley finally got her revenge and clean too with zero interference from Damage Control.

Cody vs. Reigns was insane!!! I thought for a second when the Shield music hit that Jon Moxley as Dean Ambrose was going to cameo but Rollins came back in old school gear but didn't last....was not expecting Undertaker to show up.. that look on his face against The Rock said it all! Congrats to Cody Rhodes!!!

On a side note,  Bull Nakano looked fantastic at the Hall of Fame segment.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

PandaPawPaw
Posted (edited)

Skipped through most of night 2. I give no shits about scummy Logan and his bellend YT friends. They can all piss off.

The main event was meh. So overbooked it got ridiculous.

Rock just buggered off afterwards and did nothing.

Give no shits about Cody being champ. Can't stand him.

Also what was up with Irvin and her stupid OTT announcing. It was horrendous.

I really wish I gave a shit about the current wrestlers outside of Punk/Swerve/Joe/Rock and a few others.

Hopefully we get Rock/Roman now unless another set of crybabies comes about.

Also now the other Rhodes is randomly getting a title shot on Dynamite.

Hmmmm I wonder why.........................

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Like 1
  • Angry 1

Drunken Monk

Night one (haven't seen night two yet) was fine. I enjoyed some of the matched but mostly, it felt a little mediocre. For me, the dumbest thing in WWE is the whole "Yeet" gimmick for whichever Uso it is. The commentators were so corny and said "Yeet" about thirty times. Stupid as shit.

Rhea Ripley needs a new finisher. She's strong as hell but Riptide is so lackluster.

Bianca, Naomi and Jade looked like such a formidable team. Great to see, even if their match was a little forgetable. Jade did look like a powerhouse. When they finally get to Jade versus Bianca, many years from now, it'll be great to watch.

The main event was fine. It didn't blow me away but it was alright. I liked that The Rock actually put in some effort even if a lot of it was him trading "head slams" with Seth.

The R Truth gimmick is still going and it's still shit.

Did Wrestlemania make me want to start watching WWE again? Kinda. 

• Like 2

I'll admit it I'm only gonna watch this Wrestlemania because of The Rock! Planning to do so back to back this week. 

The last time I've actively watched WWF (WWE) was way back in 99' / 00' at the height of The Rock's career I'd argue. 

Skipping through this not only did I feel old but also very disconnected from all the theatricals, nonstop advertisments and just the overall look and feel of the show. I don't know it looked like a really big circus! Even the energy coming from the crowd felt off.

Maybe this is really a relic from a gone by era and I'm not sure it still has a place. Bigger doesn't necessarily mean better. But that just might be me. Still looking forward to see The Rock back in the ring. Now let's have him reunite with Mankind for a Rock and Sock match!

• Like 2

AlbertV

There may be a new member of the Bloodline looming: WWE apparently has signed Jacob Fatu, the cousin of Solo Sikoa, The Usos, and Roman Reigns. 

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/wwe/report-wwe-signs-jacob-fatu

May 24th and 25th will be the King of the Ring and the Queen of the Ring events in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

With Vince McMahon's recent resignation and ongoing legal issues, WWE owners TKO and Endeavor are buying McMahon's shares into the company, which should be finalized within a day or two. 

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/wwe/tko-and-endeavor-are-buying-shares-from-vince-mcmahon 

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
1 hour ago, laagi said:

I'll admit it I'm only gonna watch this Wrestlemania because of The Rock! Planning to do so back to back this week. 

The last time I've actively watched WWF (WWE) was way back in 99' / 00' at the height of The Rock's career I'd argue. 

Skipping through this not only did I feel old but also very disconnected from all the theatricals, nonstop advertisments and just the overall look and feel of the show. I don't know it looked like a really big circus! Even the energy coming from the crowd felt off.

Maybe this is really a relic from a gone by era and I'm not sure it still has a place. Bigger doesn't necessarily mean better. But that just might be me. Still looking forward to see The Rock back in the ring. Now let's have him reunite with Mankind for a Rock and Sock match!

The ring itself is one giant advertising screen.

I only cared for the final boss. I just can't connect with (most of) the new wrestlers of today.

• Like 2

Koravec
2 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Give no shits about Cody being champ. Can't stand him.

Whys he hard to stand? btw angry reaction because you sound pissed in all your statements lmao

I remember last year you were the one who posted “wrreessttleemaania!” to the chatbox

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

PandaPawPaw
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Koravec said:

Whys he hard to stand? btw angry reaction because you sound pissed in all your statements lmao

I remember last year you were the one who posted “wrreessttleemaania!” to the chatbox

There's me thinking you hate me. :(

Haha yeah I don't really watch WWE much if at all these days for reasons mentioned so yeah I might come across as pissy :D. I find him just hard to like. Like he's always towing the political line and not being himself fully. Also his time in AEW made me sour on him.

Ugh.

He reminds me of Cena and I didn't like him either. :D

Also the fuck was with the shitty ass mask?

GKm2_wJXQAA9DUQ?format=jpg&name=large

Happy for his fans and I am glad Reigns is no long champ as he hardly defended it.

I do hope Rock is on TV this week.

Edited by PandaPawPaw
I DISLIKE CODY SO MUCH I WILL EDIT TO PUT MORE IN!
  • Like 1