The (2024) Pro Wrestling Thread: NWA/NJPW/AEW/ROH/WWE/Impact/Indies

DragonClaws

PandaPawPaw

The Darby glass thing is just what Darby likes doing. In other words dumb shit. He's going to be a cripple if he carries on with that shit.

Matt kicking out of Stings finisher was more dumb shit. I hate AEW and the constant spamming finishers/kicking out of stuff!

Stings prematch video was great as was his entrance. When his son came out dressed as Surfer Sting, I thought it was Sting at first. :P

I thought Takeshita/Ospreay was great though it still had some spamming going on! The suplex onto the ropes looked brutal. Also I'm glad Take has actual entrance music now instead of that god awful droning sound!

The rest of the PPV was OK but man did that Purrazzo/Storm match suck! Mariah May dressed as older gimmick Storm was cool.

Dante Martin was botching left right and centre. Seriously I find him boring as fuck.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw

darby-gonna-end-up-crippled-in-a-couple-

Just so OTT and it wasn't needed. Also what if the crowd around that area got cut too! TK needs to think about shit like that! I swear he'll get sued one day.

• Like 1

OpiumKungFuCracker

I only saw one match from revolution and that is Ospreay/Takeshita. Two of if not the best wrestlers on the planet. That was masterful and poetry in ring kinda shit. 

• Like 1

Koravec
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

The Darby glass thing is just what Darby likes doing. In other words dumb shit.

I actually knew nothing more about Darby than his appearance. First match I saw of him. 

Come to think of it why even include Darby and tag-teaming for a man’s final match anyway?! Give him all the glory and full spotlight.   

but like I said many things could of been better, but Im still appreciative of the send off.

wild, from the short career of the ultimate warrior to the very long lasting career of sting 

“Id really make some people mad if I said okay I dont want to retire, its just too cool around here I dont want to leave” said Sting laughing, but would honestly seem like theres a level of truth to that. I knew hed be having a bunch of second thoughts. Seems the greater the sendoff the more it just fired up performers to want to give even more 

Edited by Koravec
  • Like 1

PandaPawPaw
19 minutes ago, Koravec said:

I actually knew nothing more about Darby than his appearance. First match I saw of him. 

Come to think of it why even include Darby and tag-teaming for a man’s final match anyway?! Give him all the glory and full spotlight.   

but like I said many things could of been better, but Im still appreciative of the send off.

wild, from the short career of the ultimate warrior to the very long lasting career of sting 

“Id really make some people mad if I said okay I dont want to retire, its just too cool around here I dont want to leave” said Sting laughing, but would honestly seem like theres a level of truth to that. I knew hed be having a bunch of second thoughts. Seems the greater the sendoff the more it just fired up performers to want to give even more 

I'm pretty sure STING wanted a tag match plus there's no way he could do a full singles match so it took some of the load off him.

I wish the WWE had done a Taker/STING match. Instead we got a match against HHH who won! STING never got a WM win! :(

I think that send off was the best way to do it and turned out pretty good for what it was.

• Like 1

Koravec
2 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

I wish the WWE had done a Taker/STING match. Instead we got a match against HHH who won!

I really hate how almost every match is babyface vs heel. I never knew this was even the concept until like a year ago. Its absolutely pathetic to me hearing the entire crowd booing one side the entire match and cheering for the other. 

Would Much rather it be a fan situation like any other sport where people just have their favorites they follow and root for.  I get where the concept comes into play but its far overused.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
1 hour ago, Koravec said:

I really hate how almost every match is babyface vs heel. I never knew this was even the concept until like a year ago. Its absolutely pathetic to me hearing the entire crowd booing one side the entire match and cheering for the other. 

Would Much rather it be a fan situation like any other sport where people just have their favorites they follow and root for.  I get where the concept comes into play but its far overused.

I think these days heels kind of get cheered more than before. Well a good heel does at least. I like seeing babyfaces face each other and heels vs heels too. It makes it a bit more unpredictable than the bog standard Heel vs Babyface.

Even though the Warrior Vs Hogan match from WM6 wasn't the greatest, having two of the biggest baby faces vs each other at the time was insane and split the crowd! (I was on Warriors side)

:cool

• Like 1

SunChien

I got to see some of the AEW PPV from Sunday and Darby is out of his mind.  I get that he likes to do these stunts and doesn't care about his well-being but I feel like that almost overshadowed Sting's last match.

Still I liked Sting going out on a win as most times people leave on their back.   His sons looked just like him, especially Surfer Sting from the 90's.

Not surprised Joe retained as I think he will lose the belt to Swerve in a one-on-one match at the next PPV.

On the WWE side of things, the main event for Night 1 is all but confirmed with Rock/Roman vs. Seth/Cody and all 4 of them will be on Smackdown this Friday.

• Like 2

PandaPawPaw

:P

I like Corny but man he can be a right miserable barstool at times!

• Like 1

Good to see John Cena's acting career really taking off with his latest uhm "performance" in 'Ricky Stanicky'. Enjoy!

• Confused 2

PandaPawPaw
2 hours ago, laagi said:

Good to see John Cena's acting career really taking off with his latest uhm "performance" in 'Ricky Stanicky'. Enjoy!

Oh gawd! I saw a pic of him in that garb the other day and almost threw up! Thanks @laagi for reminding me! :puke

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Oh gawd! I saw a pic of him in that garb the other day and almost threw up! Thanks @laagi for reminding me! :puke

You Are Welcome No Problem GIF by DefyTV

I'm sure Cena's chinese overlords won't have a problem with some good ol' fashioned american cross-dressing :laugh

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw
1 minute ago, laagi said:

You Are Welcome No Problem GIF by DefyTV

I'm sure Cena's chinese overlords won't have a problem with some good ol' fashioned american cross-dressing :laugh

They'll just say that they can't see him (in that garb).....................

image-asset.gif

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw

cutoff-jpg.218080

Ain't that the truth! I while you have the Rock, at least make sure you get your monies worth FFS! Why can't either AEW or WWE do time management correctly!

• Like 1

SunChien

At least they got Cody's return slap to Rock before they went off the air WCW Nitro-style.

There is a video on reddit of the camera guy/stage hand telling Rock to wrap it up last night as he was just going on and on.

It's funny how he used to make fun of Triple-H for doing that, yet he does the same thing these days.

• Like 1

Drunken Monk

I’m a bit late to the party but I’d rather see Darby come close to killing himself than doing the same shitty three moves over and over again. His repertoire is absolutely dismal. Someone please teach him some new stuff to do in the ring!

I enjoyed the AEW PPV for the most part. Ospreay and Takeshita tore the damn roof off. I loved every minute of their match. Takeshita is one of my favorites of the AEW roster but he rarely gets a chance to shine.

There were some weaker matches here and there but it was mostly consistently good. Happy they could pull off another fun as hell PPV.

I still feel like AEW need to switch things up though. We’re seeing the same faces go against the same faces over and over. Let’s give some other people shine. I really don’t need to see Orange Cassidy every week. I know he’s work horse but I’m tired of him.

PandaPawPaw
13 hours ago, SunChien said:

At least they got Cody's return slap to Rock before they went off the air WCW Nitro-style.

There is a video on reddit of the camera guy/stage hand telling Rock to wrap it up last night as he was just going on and on.

It's funny how he used to make fun of Triple-H for doing that, yet he does the same thing these days.

Yeah the Rock also needs to stop repeating himself. He seems to do that way too much now. That'll probably knock 45mins off each promo. :P

SD! off air sucked though.

No Brawl or anything! Rock and Roman just walk off...............................

Apparently next week might be a Rock concert so that should be good. While I think Seth is solid in ring, his gimmick sucks so bad!

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw

Oh and the Rock's new entrance is probably one of if not the coolest of all time!

• Like 1