The (2024) Pro Wrestling Thread: NWA/NJPW/AEW/ROH/WWE/Impact/Indies

DragonClaws

Triple H confirmed that it will be Roman Reigns vs. Cody Rhodes at WrestleMania and the winner of the upcoming Elimination Chamber match will face off against Seth "Freakin" Rollins for his title at WM. Drew McIntyre and Randy Orton qualified after defeating AJ Styles and Sami Zayn respectively. 

Dakota Kai has returned and looks to be joining Bayley to take on IYO SKY and the Kabuki Warriors

Billy Jack Haynes was arrested for allegedly killing his wife. There was a 2-hour standoff that resulted in the police discovering the body of Haynes' wife.

https://nypost.com/2024/02/11/news/former-wrestling-star-billy-jack-haynes-arrested-for-killing-wife/

That's an awesome looking trailer, you would think Seth is facing Rock by the looks of it but Seth will face the winner of the E.C at Mania.

Maybe there's a tag match on Night 1, with Cody/Seth vs. Rock/Roman?

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
On 2/12/2024 at 3:16 PM, SunChien said:

That's an awesome looking trailer, you would think Seth is facing Rock by the looks of it but Seth will face the winner of the E.C at Mania.

Maybe there's a tag match on Night 1, with Cody/Seth vs. Rock/Roman?

Yeah I think the same regarding the tag match. Also seeing as Rock got injured last time he wrestled, it's probably a good thing.

I doubt Rock could even do a full match with his current cardio and muscle mass.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Yeah I think the same regarding the tag match. Also seeing as Rock got injured last time he wrestled, it's probably a good thing.

I doubt Rock could even do a full match with his current cardio and muscle mass.

I can see the match being announced either tomorrow or at the Elimination Chamber.

As Cody & Seth will be guests on the Grayson Waller Effect at the PPV.

I guess I'll have to set my alarm to get up and catch the 5am event. 

I think it will be a decent show even if some star power is missing like Punk and Roman.

PandaPawPaw
9 minutes ago, laagi said:

Heel Rock is best Rock!  :cool

"You shut your mouth fatty, or the Rock'll come out there and slap the herpes off your lips!"

:coveredlaugh

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 2

I thought Raw was a decent show last night.

I enjoyed Drew vs. Cody and surprised Cody lost with the same finish from WM39 by Solo.

It looks like Drew is getting momentum and will more than likely win the Elimination Chamber on Saturday and face Seth at Mania.

Figured Jey would get screwed out of the win by Jimmy leading to their Mania match.  I must admit I'm not really looking forward to it.

Still looking forward to the PPV on Saturday morning.

Boards Fight Back

Dakota Kai is definitely up to something. :Ayociexp121:

She betrayed her previous allies. 

This looks to be more of the same. And I bet she wasn't even attacked by Damage CTRL backstage. 🙃

• Like 1

The Elimination Chamber show was decent, I woke up around the time of the Grayson Waller Effect with Cody & Seth on.

I'd say all the winners were predictable but the Australian crowd looks like they had a great time, now onward to Mania 40 in 40 days.

Drunken Monk
15 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

WTF! :rofl

Personally, I think people are overreacting to this. Was it bad? Yes. But it's no worse than some of the Shawn Michaels sells back in the Attitude Era. I sometimes like the cartoonish stuff.

In this case, I think there were two possibilities. He was meant to get hit with the Famouser, go down, bounce back up and then fly out of the ring. But because he's a bigger boy, the bounce up just didn't work. Either that or he was meant to get up from the Famuser and then get hit with a clothesline but someone forgot the clotheslines so he just went for it anyway. Though he could have just rolled out.

Either way, it was bad but at the end of the day, stuff like this can be a whole lot of fun.

I think the more surprising botch was Max Caster fucking up his lyrics and having to quit rapping halfway through.

We lost a couple of greats this week: On Monday, Ole Anderson (Larry Rogowski), one of the original members of The Four Horsemen, died at the age of 81. It was announced today that Virgil (Michael Jones) died at the age of 61 after suffering a series of strokes. 

ole-anderson.jpgvirgil-february-28-a.jpg

• Like 1

RIP Ole and Virgil.

Ole Anderson wasn't known for his social skills but he had a hell of a career, even prior to the Horsemen.

I remember going nuts when Virgil finally stood up to Ted DiBiase at Royal Rumble 1991.

PandaPawPaw

STING coming down from the rafters in AEW.

I always liked how in WCW he flew back up.

:cool

• Like 1

Koravec

Just watched Stings send off in Aew. 

At the moment torn on Darby’s stunt. Hard to tell if it was truly a respectful tribute in Sting’s honor or just an attention seeking antic to steal some of the shine for himself. Like you have to go to the hospital now after intentionally hurting yourself, and this is supposed to be cool or a good use of doctor’s time? Eh, idk. 

Stings sons dressed as earlier incarnations of him was amazing. Young Bucks are a powerful duo versing 3 Stings, Darby and Ric Flair! Am I forgetting anyone damn lol, at least 5 v 2. 

As a huge Ultimate Warrior fan, I find it a bit criminal they didnt show a flashback picture of Sting and Warrior’s blade runner days, just such an insanely legendary occurrence for them to come up together like they did and each become such icons and legends on their own.  

All in all, many aspects of the sendoff could of been better, but I think we should just be for every moment of it. 

Will this Truly be the end of Sting’s time in the ring? Hard to imagine he wont ever make geust appearances or something. The man treating wrestling like a regular 9 to 5 retiring at almost 65, wild. The preserverence is a bit astounding. 

• Like 3